Parent reviews for Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express Poster Image

Classic whodunit with a lot of style and panache

Excellently shot, fantastic pacing and appropriate liberties were taken with the source material. Fabu job modernizing the portrayals in order to have a cast that reflects 2017 and contemporizing the mystery so more of the audience is invested. Branagh does a fabulous job...on pins and needles for Death on the Nile.

Murder Mystery film, if not too slow than original

Parents need to know that Murder on the Orient Express is a book-based film of a French detective trying to find the killer (murderer) on the train. Of course, there is violence: Bloody Corpses/injuries. Several use of guns and knives (stabbings, shooting) but everyone stays alive except the murdered one. There are also some flashbacks of a young child's death, which may be disturbing for younger viewers. Expect lots of drinking but not to drunkenness'. Other inappropriate stuff includes sexual innuendo, flirting and some references to sex (though aren't clearly said). I say that Murder on the Orient Express is a good choice for children 13 and over. If your younger teens want to watch this film its better if you skip some parts, or talk about what is real and what is not real.

Great reviews for a great movie

Overall I think this a great review that incorporates a few of the seven media keys without even knowing. You take good care in not being to purely logical or passionate in the review but has a good balance. Because of this middle ground used the review has more weight to it as is appears more trustworthy. I can tell you took into consideration the truth by talking about the ethics and moral principles present in the film. This I find can also inspire conversations about ethics and the whole morality of the movie. It is also addressed that it was skillfully made "A breath-taking and emotional cinematic experience". I like your awareness of how human dignity was honored possibly without knowing it. I also like how you mentioned the conversations are done in a respectable manner that also goes with the time. Great attention to attitude awareness in bringing up how the movie is very dialogue driven showing. Thus showing it was intended for a more mature audience with less action to keep younger kids attention. I also appreciate the few warnings for younger viewers that are given. The review is also good as it never attacks anyone or thing showing a respect of human dignity for the people reading and the makers. This review does well in connecting to others experiences so they too can make an informed decision. Overall I think this was a well written good review that gives me a good feel of the movie.

Unoriginal

Couldn't take this seriously, Branagh's accent and appearance ridiculous. Not engaged in any of the characters. At least 40 mins too long. The 1974 version is far superior. Subject matter (child kidnap, murder)not for young children in this particular format.

Interesting murder mystery

Altogether a clean movie. Keeps you interested and wondering "who did it". A fun film for a family movie night!

A great family movie

Good but main actor not the best

It was good but would have been better without Kenneth braner as poirot