Kid reviews for Murder on the Orient Express

Murder on the Orient Express Poster Image

Very good movie

It was such a good murder movie. I LOVED the cast. There is a bit of violence but such a good murder mystery movie!

Better than expected

This movie was way better than I expected. I read the book and had to do a book vs movie comparison, and I was very surprised. For the most part it stayed really close to the original plot, with a few minor changes ( nothing to get angry about) that actually highten the experience. This movie was very clean, barely any swearing at all, and no sex. There is only a mention of a prostitute and that is all. As far as violence, there is a scene that shows the dead body, there is a lot of blood, but only blood that has seeped through his shirt, and you don't see any wounds close up. I am very squeamish, but I was fine with this. A woman is stabbed in the back, but there is no blood, and you never even see the wound ( you only see a knife sticking out right under her shoulder from a front view) there is also a part where there is a flash back to the stabbing, but you don't see the body at all, and there is only one part with slightly gross sound effects. I would be fine having my 11 year old sister watching it, and the only reason I put a 12+ rating was because the plot is complicated, and would be hard to follow for slightly younger children. I totally recommend this movie to any mystery lover👍

Mildly Violent, Complex Plot

It has a scene where multiple people take turns stabbing someone. you cannot see the body, being stabbed, but you can see they repeatedly lifting the knife and there are some mildly groutesce sound effects. It does not have that much content, but younger children may not catch on to many of the major plot points. It follows the book very closely. some references of damn. There is a scene where someone is shot in the arm and there is some blood. There is an overhead shot of a dead body with 12 stabe wounds, and blood all over their shirt.

That guy from Death on the Nile!

Amazing Murder Mystery Film, but is very sad

heavy themes and very stressful but so good.

this movie was brilliantly made and i think should be for 14+. why? bc there is a lot of stress and heavy thoughts with a toddlers murder- and ((((SPOILERS))) the mom/grandma (i cant remember lol its been a while) of the toddler ends up being on the train and shes secretly depressed. towards the very end, all of the suspects are lined up (no spoilers here dont worry) and Hercule Poirot is trying to determine which one committed the murder. he figures it out and the person pulls a gun on him/herself. then they say "My life died with ______" (the name is a spoiler.) so it gets very stressful, and very emotional- i cried lol. i think the main thing is the flashbacks to the toddlers murder. My mom in real life nannies two babies and i am very close to them so seeing those scenes especially made it more emotional for me- thinking of how on earth that would have felt. to all the mothers out there, you will feel it. dead man shown with lots of bloody stab wounds in a train compartment. man is shot, little blood. one of the flashbacks show a woman crying hysterically after she hears that her toddler was murdered. woman is shown with knife in her back. very little language, which is great. the thing i love about this movie tho is the plot twist it takes. you NEVER suspect the ending. :) definitely watch this movie tho, its worth it- but not for anyone younger than 13 or 14.

Amazing!

This movie is amazingly done, and is definitely one of my favorite movies! And there's a jaw-dropping, unpredictable twist at the end, but don't worry, I won't spoil anything! It also has an all-star cast. It has Kenneth Branagh, Daisy Ridley, Johnny Depp, Judi Dench, Michelle Pfieffer, Penelope Cruz, Josh Gad (who was in Frozen and Beauty and the Beast), Penelope Cruz, William Dafoe, Olivia Colman, Sergei Polunin, Michael Peña, and much more! I would say it's ok for a 10-year-old, or maybe even a mature 9-year-old, if there weren't such complicated parts. There were so many parts that were so hard to understand for young children, and would even be pretty hard for an 11-year-old, so I'd say the best age is 12 or 13, but a 10 or 11-year-old would definitely be suitable for this movie. Now let's get to the individuals: I'd differ from what CSM said, and I think you'd as well, once you watch the movie; here's what I'd say: Language: 1/5 The language here is very mild; there's a few uses of damn, including goddamn, and I believe there's also one or two uses of hell. Violence: 3.5/5 After all, this is a murder mystery. There's one part where from high above, you can see Hercule Poirot and another man inspecting the dead body. You can see the sheet (or clothing, I don't know; the camera's very high, so you can't really tell what it is) covered with blood, and 12 different stabs in it. Someone gets stabbed, and you hear her yelping in pain, and people rushing over to her. You see a flashback at the end of the man being stabbed. There are also many extremely mild cases of violence, and talk of violence, but I won't go through it all. There are sort of some positive messages, not really, however there are some you-can-call-positive role models (it depends how you interpret it). I'm not saying these, because they all have to do with the big twist at the end, but you can see for yourself when you watch the movie. Drinking, drugs and smoking: 4/5 There is some drinking, but nobody is addicted to alcohol, or gets drunk. There might be a bit of smoking, I don't remember that well, but I'm pretty sure there is. However, the worst part of this might be that there's a young woman acting very weirdly, and then she says how she needs a drug; she says she needs it day and night and she also says how she can never sleep at night, so she always tries to sleep during the day. All this time, her husband's trying to control her, because her face is kind of lolling and bobbing around, as if in a dream. That whole scene's a bit disturbing. Sex: 1/5 A woman makes a reference to having married many men, then says how she loved that "turnip", referring to the head of her first husband; it may seem to some people that she wants to flirt with Hercule Poirot. This won't really matter a lot when you finish the movie though, once you find out the series of twists. Maybe some kisses. Overall, sex is pretty mild though.

Great Movie!!!

This is a really good movie. I loved and kept me guessing. I did figure it out, but stills really good. I gave this a 13+ because there is a scene that shows a dead body with many stabs wounds in it which shows a lot of blood for a good two minutes or more. There isn't much else violence besides a knife sticking out of a woman's back. (she doesn't die from this.) No blood. There is some drinking and smoking. Great movie and recommend for all.

Amazing Movie!

Wow, I absolutely love this movie! I originally watched it because of the cast, but it's quickly become a favourite. Because it is a murder mystery, there is violence. My brother, 11, watched it with me and he was fine. It had enough suspense and mystery to keep even him hooked to the end. All the characters are amazing and set up so many amazing plot twists.