Parent reviews for My Boy Jack

Daniel Radcliffe goes to war as Kipling's son.

Adult Written bysirratsalot February 8, 2020

Makes you think

This film makes one think about what constitutes a "good life." A long one in which you pass up opportunities that could be dangerous, or a short one in which you take chances? And the film does not -- as so many do-- offer sentimental, easy answers. Many films about people with disabilities seem overwrought and maudlin, but "My Boy Jack" is very well done, indeed, and nearly 100% factual.

I am an educator and use this with grade 9 in conjunction with "The Miracle Worker" and "The Scarlet Ibis."

Of course there is violence. Of course the language is not that of a Victorian parlor. Yes, people smoke. We spend part of the time on the battlefield in WWI in the early 1900s!

Parent of a 17-year-old Written bylove2 September 30, 2009

the sadest movie i have ever scene

COANTAINS SPOILER my favorite actor in the world is daniel radcliffe. So i rented the movie and watched it. and it was the sadest movie i had ever scene! when jack goes missing in the war his family does everything they can to find him. But then trgicly they find out that he had died ( and in the scene they show him being shot and falling to the ground and dies) i cried and cried and cried at that part. and one of the sadest things is that his father insisted that he went to war and when Jack dies he begins to realize that he basicly murdered his own son. a very sad story. ONLY FOR MATURE VIEWERS.