All teen and kid member reviews for My Fair Lady

Teen, 16 years old Written byCorinneBeth June 14, 2009

Great Quality Film

There is quite a bit of language in this movie. Personally it doesn't bother me because it is the typical British language. Oh and there is a comment about Eliza going to live with Prof. Higgins and not wanting "any clothes". Eliza's father sings a song about finally having to marry Eliza's mother. Nothing is explicit, but for younger children it might want to be previewed before you allow them to watch it.
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010
A pretty good movie but they use dam about 15 times and god about 5 but a good movie!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares December 26, 2008

Couldn't be carried off well

If you want a good Hepburn musical, see Funny Face.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 April 24, 2010

NOT COOL!

This beat "Mary Poppins" for Best Picture? Ridiculous. This movie had some fairly catchy songs, but the dialogue is laughable and was an hour WAY TOO long. I don't recommend it, though it was better than "An American in Paris."
Teen, 13 years old Written bypickledwookiee.... April 9, 2009

Fun musical

Very fun. Just a couple language problems. They are in England. D-- and A-s
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 28, 2012

awful... just, AWFUL!

Wow, this movie is not even trying, I mean really, Mrs. Doolittle can't even pronounce her vowels, that is something that she should have learned in kindergarten, (oh wait, maybe she is so dumb that she cannot even get in kindergarten!)
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey July 4, 2009

my fourth favorite musical!

fourth isn't bad. I remember seeing this long ago, then i was in it in our school play (i was maid number 1!). I love the quaintness of "My Fair Lady", so long as you dont look at it in a sexual way.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissSHolmes April 11, 2011

Loverly

Love it, I personally have a crush on Freddie but the music is "Loverly" and Eliza is a good role model
Kid, 9 years old May 11, 2014

my fair lady

I think that the movie was really good but maybe Eliza's dad drank a bit too much, and the end was just absolutely stupid.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

No.No.No.No.No! No! No! No! NO!

I HATE MY FAIR LADY!!! It's such are horrible movie! AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrankiedoodle August 1, 2016

Nothing to be gained from watching this

Although this is a classic it has a lot of swearing and says d--- about ten times-and NOT just as an introduction to a song. Prf. Higgins is really rude to Eliza, calls her terrible names all the time and has no regard for anyone below his class. The end of the movie is SO disappointing and the two main characters make a terrible couple. There is some sexual references such as Eliza "not needing any clothes" and her father not marrying Eliza's mother. Mr. Doolittle is a TERRIBLE role model! He sings a song specifically about why you should be lazy and do exactly what you are NOT supposed to do! He cares nothing for his daughter except that she provides him with money to get drunk! Although there is a lot of good songs and acting in this movie, there is not a whole lot to be gained from watching it.