Parent reviews for My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising

Imaginative but violent anime adventure has some swearing.

Adult Written bybasketballpro June 22, 2020

My kid loves it!

I'm part of a very laid-back, no-cuss family. Although this does have a bit of cussing, it's fine for kids and teens alike. Some cartoony violence, but it's nothing to worry about. My 10 year old girl and 11 year old boy watch the show all the time, and I fully approve.

Adult Written byNora11111111 August 20, 2021

Very good! I recommend to teenagers.

So this anime is very fun and amazing, But there are some nude parts, like in season 4 there was a naked villain, And most of the female heroes wear very flashy outfits. And there are swear words, most of them are mild swear words, but they do say things like “shit” I would not recommend letting kids watch this but for 13+ or 12+ it’s recommended!

Adult Written bybubblegumbby October 28, 2020

enjoyed it more than kids!!

i love all things anime, as thus my wife and such our kids because of our influence. LOLS!! the seven of us anime fans decided to gather together and watch a new movie of a favorite series in our house. My youngest, Jason (9) fell asleep half way through and finished the rest the next day. I don't think he really understood a ot but he insisted on wearing his deku hoodie the next few days anyways. Rebecca and Charlie, the twins (13) both adore the franchise and both cried at the end (as did i!!!). Definitely a lovely experience for us. Even my eldest, Jessica, (16) and wife Aubrey (she'd kill me if i put her age LOLZ) were enthralled the whole way through, despite both always saying my hero wasn't on their favorites. Overall, a very good movie that any fans of the series like us will thoroughly enjoy with extremely great role models in characters like Deku, however it could be confusing and a bit much for younger children and wouldn't make sense for new fans. WOOHOO ANIME RULEZ ha ha

Adult Written byAshley R. September 18, 2020
this is my 2nd favorite anime after sailor moon its really amazing if you havent give this and sailor moon a shot but ill respect your opinion if its different from mine
Adult Written byStargirl18381 March 6, 2021

Why it needs to be 9+

Think about it. If other kid netflix shows have violence, why cant this be on there! Besides, when I watched MWA (My Little Witch Academia.) It had afew swearing words too! And besided! Give the children some adventure!

Adult Written byJordynneM December 28, 2020

Great story BUT watch for nude/ sexiness

This rating is more for the tv show seasons and not the movies. I have not watched the movies yet. I only watched the 4 tv show seasons.

The story line of the TV show is awesome. Teaches great values of hard work, friendship and overcoming obstacles with awesome hero villain action.

HOWEVER, in the 4 seasons I watched, there were a couple nude scenes. I had to be very careful watching it as an adult. In the beginning there is a lady who’s costume pants are nude coloured and it looks like she’s naked as her pants ride all the way up her but. A couple of the female characters are pretty scandalously dressed. One of the girl teachers has a costume that is super tight on her, to the point that she looks like she is naked except for not having nipples. This character also has hand cuffs and a whip as part of her costume. One of the female students has a hero costume that shows a lot of cleavage and at one point she is completely naked except her nipples and crotch are covered. There is another scene we’re a villain is naked in a similar fashion. Later on another character comes in we’re only the top half of her breasts are covered.

There are more moments and characters like this throughout the show. I as an adult I decided to watch it and would carefully skip through scenes but I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND for children. However take it at your preference.

There is also some swearing. D*mn is a common curse word.

Adult Written bydaisy1077 May 4, 2020

pretty good pegi 13 TV show and movie

this is a review for the show and movie

so basically the plot is in this universe there's a thing called quirks quirks are like superpowers
in this universe 80% of the population have quirks
the rest are quirkless
the main protagonist izuku midoriya is one of these people that are quirkless but he really wants to go to U.A high academy a high school for superheroes
one day he meets all might the number one hero who says that he can pass his quirk to midoriya
midoriya goes to U.A academy and thats the main plot overall quite a good show thats fine for 11+ maybe 10+

Adult Written byGOODREAD PARENT March 1, 2020

Amazing

Very interesting movie

Adult Written byMaryAnne R. February 11, 2021

My 15 year old loves it and I do too!

I watched this with my fifteen year old daughter and I actually enjoyed it a bit (surprising for a thirty four year old,I know!) It says some profanities like “dumb” and “losers” but she knows better. As for the gore, A bloody nose is shown but nothing graphic.

Adult Written byEl Luis January 7, 2021

very good

I saw the series with my 10 and 11 year old and it was great they loved, it was all of working together and crime fighting it was a little bloody but it was great

Adult Written byraterOFeverything October 28, 2020

Great but did not live up to my expection!

R: breif language and some martial action
Adult Written bykenzieshadow October 16, 2020

Its AWSOME!!!!!

ATTENTION--ATTENTION this anime is awsome especially season 4 it was the best and the movie I loved it