Parent reviews for My Octopus Teacher

Octopus befriends troubled diver and teaches him about life.

Adult Written bysoloparentrockstar12 September 26, 2020

Must See Stunning Film!

Beautiful story documenting a man's journey to find himself again through connecting with life undersea. The cinematograpy is spectacular. Incredible to view sea life up close, observing the life, formation, and intelligence of the glorious octopus. Feel good movie.

Adult Written byAlexandra_mango September 26, 2020

Incredible film and story!

Amazing cinemography, story telling, and insane footage. Very educational and with a beautiful message. One of those rare movies that's enjoyable for the whole family.

Parent of a 8 and 10-year-old Written byandre1706 September 19, 2020

A lovely story

A peaceful, interest, natural and lovely documentary. We loved it.

Adult Written byMoviesDF September 19, 2020

Learning from a wise teacher

There’s a long list of movies about humans immersing themselves into their study of animal life. This is another in that line, but it one of the best examples. That it tells such a compelling story as a documentary, with a real person (Craig Foster) who spent a year filming his actual interactions, is remarkable. Highly recommended.

Adult Written byloucollazo September 15, 2020

Adult Written byHelene69 September 14, 2020

The Octopus Teacher

I can’t tell you the last time I enjoyed such a documentary on the ocean forest. My husband and I watched it and included our 4 year old grandson. We split it in half watching half one day and half the next morning. He learned so much and so didn’t we. I thought the bond they they both formed was amazing and made it so clear to understand. Thank you so much.

Adult Written byNicolette-Ann September 14, 2020

Should get 5 stars

Not sure how Common Sense gives this film 4 stars. One of the most beautiful undersea films ever filmed. STUNNING in every way and most necessary for children to see and experience.

Adult Written bysmkinney September 13, 2020
I am disappointed in the 4-star rating from Common Sense. This is perhaps the most educational nature documentary there is. While we can't befriend all creatures of the earth, the relationship of the octopus and the man is spectacular and inspiring, on an emotional and intellectual level. The film is at a depth (pun intended!) whose bounds parallel what life should be like - one that is closer and more connected to the land we live on and sea we live with.

Adult Written byLawrencejhb September 13, 2020

Beautiful tail about an octopus and a father.

The octopus has not been the feature of many a nature program. Without getting all 'sciency', this beautiful slow-paced tale makes us all love the octopus, while we learn about the environment within it lives and learn about the life, the skills and adaptability of this creature.

Adult Written bykcritter74 September 11, 2020

This movie is a must see

I just finished the movie and it was so sad-- but in a good way. It is an amazing account of a man who followed an octopus underwater in the wild for most of its lifespan. There is nothing controversial, or adult about the movie, but will teach your children respect for the world around us. I cannot recommend it highly enough!