All parent member reviews for Nature of the Beast

Not yet rated
Adult Written byNintendofan April 9, 2008

Do NOT let your kids see this

I saw the commercials advertising this movie as part of ABC family's thirteen days of halloween, and expected it to be a cute family friedly movie. I was shocked and disgusted to find out that it was not. CSM usually does a good job of telling you everything that is in a movie, but they didn't get half of the movie's sexual content on this one. It was pretty rank. Although there are no actual "make out" scenes, sex drips form half the lines of dialogue. Two boys talk about "walking in" on their grandmother, a college flash back shows three guys sitting around a table talking about sex while the oldest makes references to "getting laid" and his "natural talents", At a meeting three women ask Julia about her sex life in very graphic terms, and later in the movie the werewolf hunter says that one way you can tell an Alpha Wolf from a Beta Wolf is that in human form they have an exceptionally long ____ (insert male anatomical term here, and yes they actually say the word and not just a euphimism) There was also one scene were it is implied that the engaged couple have sex, but nothing more is shown past the two falling back on the bed kissing while undoing the man's tie. The next scene shows the two lying in bed undressed. The violence was also pretty graphic for a supposedly family friendly movie. A were-wolf attacks one man and violently bites opens his throat, accompanied by screaming and crushing sounds. A dog is eaten. A man is violently bitten on his thigh. After becoming a werewolf he is shot and shown to be in pain. We also see a shot of a disemboweled raccoon, which I found disturbing. Also there is talk of a man mutilating corpses, because he believed them to be vampires. Finally there was a very explicit drug scene in themovie parents should know about. After sneeking off into the woods, two boys sit and smoke herbs they found in the main characters suitcase, and talk about getting high and hallucinating. They also picture the two boys to be sweating and appearing "stoned" while saying things like "smoke it off" Overall I thought this movie was very inapprpriate for children or teens for that matter. Even adults who have strong values such as myself, may find this movie to be disgusting. CSM is my favorite and most trusted website for family viewing, but they undrerated this one. It definately should have gotten that TV-MA.
Adult Written byDecent Guy April 9, 2008

Ouch - didn't see rating beforehand.

Have 3 kids - 11, 8, 5. I ASSUMED with it being ABC FAMILY that is was probably a safe scare. Wow - was I wrong. The kids got a kick out of the monster violence. They know it's pretend. However - the two boys looking for a drug high were totally non-essential to the story line and the cussing was for the sake of cussing. ABC - in their infinite wisdom - ruined what could be a Halloween classic by trying to be edgy. The caveat was that I did NOT see the show rating before hand. So I am responsible for letting them watch it.