Kid reviews for Nerve

Kindness rewarded in shallow but fun teen cyberthriller.

Teen, 17 years old Written byJflores14 July 26, 2016

Edgy story about dares ends with good central message

This film was intense, violent, and a little edgy, but overall the messages were good. CONTENT: SEX- a girl moons a crowd of people (her butt is seen for a good 15 sec or so), a girls naked rear in a thong is seen on a quick clip, a couple runs around in their underwear for a dare for a good 5 min or so, a girl is seen in the middle of a heavy make out session. VIOLENCE- teens engage in dangerous behavior throughout the entire movie (nothing graphic or violent is really seen) LANGAUGE- F**king is seen written as such on a sticker, people type "WTF" a couple of times. "Bitch" and "Shit" are used a couple of times. "D**k" is used once. One or two middle finger gestures are used. MY RATING: PG-13/ for reckless and disturbing behavior, some sexual material, langauge, and nudity-- all involving teenagers

Teen, 14 years old Written bykushs July 27, 2016

Techno-thriller has plot holes

A movie that will reel you in, with its stellar soundtrack, actors, and screenplay, Nerve is not to miss. Vee (Emma Roberts) is a soft spoken teenager, but when her friend Syd invites her to play Nerve, an online game where players are presented with dares they've come up with by scouring through their personal data, she gives it a shot to show her friends she's more than just that quiet girl. When she meets Ian (Dave Franco), she gives life in the fast lane a shot. Riddled with bare bottoms, make-out sessions, and death-defying dares, this movie is not for the faint of heart, or for little ones. Be wary, words like sh**, bit**, and a helmet says NEW YORK F****** CITY (literally) are in the movie. A final scene includes guns, and tense action.

Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2016

Are you a watcher or a player?

As a twelve year old amidst the huge explosion of popularity of Pokemon Go, it was ironic to see a film paralleling so many of its qualities. Nonetheless, in this heart-racing thriller, it is definitely more dangerous. NERVE is a social network game where players play to win lots of money, and fame, and watchers pay to watch these people doing terrifying stunts. It is definitely a satisfying and adrenaline-pumping thrill ride, but there are some noticeable plot holes. But you can't seem to care with all the intense action. There is some shootings and violent imagery. A teenager falls from a very high height while doing a dare. A motorcycle nearly kills some pedestrians. A girl is kidnapped in a scary scene. Lots of huge heights, which play with your mind effectively. Vee walks in on her best friend making out (and somewhat further) with a guy. A girl unexpectedly moons a high school audience for a period of ten seconds (but it feels longer). Vee kisses a complete stranger, and they develop a relationship over the course of one single night. They kiss passionately several times. They also leave a store naked. Infrequent swearing, including s--t, bitch, douchebag and butt, some said out loud, some in text form. Also, the term AF is used a lot. Both Vee and Ian become strong role models near the end of the film, fighting hard for the end of NERVE. It is made clear that bad people are punished, while good ones are rewarded. There is also a message about he danger of anonymous users and how people act while they are online. There is also awfully a lot of product placement, including Spotify, Facebook and many more social sites. There is some drinking at a teenage party, one girl gets extremely high.

Teen, 16 years old Written byanonymous2000 August 2, 2016

Teen, 14 years old Written byrafewdido November 7, 2016

Fascinating Plot and Very Entertaining

The shots are interesting. The cinematography enticing. The idea of the film itself is extremely original, and the movie is a great one. I watched it with my friend, and it was a really fun movie for two teens or friends to watch together! I was a fan of Emma Roberts and Dave Franco before I had the pleasure of viewing the film, but they really outdid themselves and were a believable onscreen couple. Really good, and such an entertaining movie with an original plot! Also--not too much cursing for a modern day PG-13 movie.

Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2016

Not Bad

This is not too bad, there are a couple scenes of the two people in their underwear but it is just a dare so it is not too bad, I wouldn't let a 8 or 9 year old kid see it, but 11 and up is perfect! This would be a god movie for a girl and her friend to go see!

Teen, 15 years old Written byPipeCine September 12, 2016

The Stunning Surprise Of The Summer

"Nerve" is the homonymous film adaptation of the novel written by Jeanne Ryan, in the same way as the movie, it externalizes a rooted orientation to the young audience. The dynamic is simple: Watcher or Player? "Nerve" is an addictive virtual game, within which, you should choose be observer or player. If you decide to be observer will have to subscribe and challenge to the players, something not so novel, perhaps, because it is in what we are immersed day-to-day. If you put yourself in risk to be a player, prepare to meet each challenge proposed by the "anonymous users" and to earn money, gradually, Is it suggestive? To some extent, what young people do not know is: Who does the game restrict? considering that, despite there are not rules, certainly, there is one fundamental: If you denounce them, you die, What are they hiding?. The simplicity of its premise goes together almost immediately with the audience due to the parallelism of that apparent utopian world with ours. Aspiring to be more than an entertainment product, the film of Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman succumb in the dangers of Internet and the own morbid fascination that entail to the collective madness, satisfactory at least in the most of its duration by neon lights, fast pace and charming leads. The film transfers the monotonous characters of high school and their teen conflicts of youth films to an illusory and accelerated atmosphere, in where they interpret their characters in an attractive way. Nonetheless, the exquisite casting decision transforms and materialize their roles in an imaginative and even realistic journey into submission. After Vee (Emma Roberts) is lost in the paradise of popularity, money and love, it will be only a matter of time to challenge her maturity and wisdom when she feels cornered against a wall of threats and betrayals. It is here, where the stable pace of the plot falls down abysmally, giving short but necessary minutes of relaxation, minutes remunerate with an ending non-apt for people with heart problems. Nevertheless, the background of "Nerve" goes beyond the Internet and its insecurities - theme addressed by several summer films, are they warning us about something bad? -, the mechanism is (invisible) Internet privacy to create the unstable world full of vices, obscenities and addictions. The morbid curiosity of people, potential misuse of social networking sites, lack of maturity and autonomy, avarice, betrayal, materialism and thousands of ethical values more that the film tries to mention of a way so relaxed as lucid. You will be surprised with the amount of social problems hidden in the movie and it sadly solves them of unrealistically. As well as "Nerve" gets an absorbent atmosphere and a frenetic pace, it boasts of fundamental cinematographic flaws. At first instance, the proposal of the first scene reminds us the great-looking recording style employed in "Unfriended" or "Open Windows", where the operating system of a laptop or whichever media is reflected on the screen so that spectator takes a relative perspective. With running of the run-time, digital interfaces, constant neon lights camouflaged in the black night, (visibly) youthful soundtrack and the aggressive progress of the plot they lose the value that it deserved, limiting themselves to the thought of artificiality and lack of self-control of a couple of young people. By this, I do not mean that the result was embarrassing, to the contrary, it fascinated but wears down potential, which had helped it to transform in an outstanding thriller. It must be highlighted that, if it hadn't been for the basic and predictable treatment in terms of its visuals and the nuanced plot that they impregnated to its powerful and influential premises, and surely, it would get the name of 'cult film'. Apparently, the latest releases will improve the disappointing streak of summer films, which is coming to an end. "Nerve" is the best teen film with suspense and action that I've seen, and certainly, it is the surprise of the summer - surprise very similar to "Unfriended" in April of the last year - because of it entertains, startle and make us reflect about our participation in that vertiginous virtual world. Nerve knows we’re already playing the game.

Teen, 17 years old Written by_Yvonn3_ August 6, 2016

Such a Great Movie!

Great and enjoyable to watch! So far one of my top favorite movies!

Teen, 14 years old Written bylondontelephonebooth August 12, 2016

Very thrilling! I enjoyed it

I went to see this movie with a friend (who is the same age as me, 14), and we both had a good time. PG-13 is a good rating for it; mature 13 year olds to 14 year olds is the right minimum age for viewers. As the main character is a senior in high school, there are scenes at a party in which teens are seen drinking alcohol and possibly smoking pot. There is a fair amount of kissing/making out, but it doesn't progress to anything beyond that. Some innuendos are heard, and occasional language is used, but infrequently. The movie isn't necessarily violent, just intense: motorcycles speeding through city streets, walking across a ladder balanced between two high windows of buildings, hanging from the end of a construction crane. A gun is shot at the end. Overall, the final message is a good one, and the movie teaches a good lesson about anonymity online. Although there were a few gaps in the plot here and there, Nerve was cast very well and the thrill was enough to keep it going. If you're looking for a movie to go see, you should check it out.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAnPerrine2 January 7, 2017

Great Movie

I t was not as bad as It says it has at least 3 curse words it was a good movie showing love and excitement. I would definitely give this movie a 10 and it would be a good movie to watch for excitment.
Teen, 14 years old Written byamcleod November 12, 2016

Thrilling

Nerve is a thrilling movie. Many sepcenes involve heights, crazy stunts, and scacry circumstances. Families should consider this movie carefully as it has many scenes of violence, drinking, smoking, and some sexual content including make-out scenes. There's a lot of exposed body parts, dangerous life threatening activities, and partying. However, this movie displays the dangers behind peer pressure and the temptations that media gives.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymeggle2003 December 2, 2017

Wow...

I personally found this movie amazing but after I was really stressed out. It’s hardly for teens. Nothing that inappropriate or swearing. Just very very thrilling.

Teen, 14 years old Written bydancin4ever December 26, 2016

LOVED IT!!!

Such an incredible movie that really raises awareness on the subject of social media and its consequences. There was a lot of sex, couples make out even when they had only met just a few hours before and girls dance suggestively and boys are attracted to them. naked butts are shown and there is some swearing and drinking and smoking underaged but overall it is a great movie for a mature teen audience, I watched it when I was thirteen and was fine.

Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2018

It's littt

The movie is fine as long as you tell your children to not imitate the stunts. Overall, I like this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bychloejessica January 7, 2017

NERVE

This movie is about an abusive and addictive online game where teenagers are either one of two things; watchers or players, and players do different dares given by watchers. The plot is basically about the main character Vee who is timid and is artistic, getting ready to go to college. She finally opens up one night through the game Nerve when her best friend is pressuring her. While on her first dare she meets Ian, a mysterious guy. Ian ends up being her main love interest in the movie. The rest is history, watch to find out! Nerve is a movie that has a pretty good moral message mostly about opening up and trying new things. It is very adventurous. I would say that this movie falls into the mystery, action and maybe even romance genres. The main cast is played by Emma Roberts, Dave Franco and Emily Meade. I personally loved the movie, and I think it's probably 11 or 12 and up because of the smoking and alcohol and the occasional swearing is very minimal. I totally recommend it!

Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2016

Not Bad

I watched this movie and I think the main thing to worry about is that in the beginning a naked butt is shown for a couple seconds ...

Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2018

12-13 flashing lights

Nerve is a great movie and I think if your mid to late 12s and up this movie is suitable unless you a faint hearted also there are bright colours and flashing lights

Teen, 17 years old Written byTalya Lubit September 23, 2017

Nerve Review

This movie sent the message that games and risks are not worth it. However, it does glamorize the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBluecrystalz September 8, 2017

Really liked

It was a really good movie, but i mostly only watched it because they used Melanie Martinez's "Soap" in this film. lol

Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2017

I really liked it, it was a really great movie but there was some swearing I recommend but more for older kids and teens rather then younger kids.