Kid reviews for Nine to Five (9 to 5)

Nine to Five (9 to 5) Poster Image

Ammazing! Girl power

I love this movie it shows that you cant be harassed by men its also a hilarious film that shows a great role model Dolly Parton.

This movie is for older kids.

Don’t get me wrong, I love this movie. But, the boss is not so nice. He is very sexist and demanding. There are a lot of stressful parts in it. They also, do illegal stuff. Like, stealing something that you should never steal from a hospital. They also, go to one of the main girls house and have some wine, and a cigarette. They also swear a lot. I say this movie is 11+.

In the moment comedy

I recently watched this, and I admit I was a bit stressed in the hospital scene. They do a lot of illegal stuff that you should never copy, and make sure your kids know this. They also do a lot of stuff they imagine, which happens more often than you would think. The overall message is good, and this is a great movie. They do swear though. They also get drunk in one scene and do pretty stupid things. Also, it is obvious the manager wants to have an affair with his secretary. Various comments are also made about big boobs.

Contradicting Role Models

This is a situational comedy and is quite outrageous at times. The main characters are strong, know their dignity, and generally good women. However, they each make several unacceptable mistakes, such as holding someone hostage and blackmailing them at gun point. These actions go unpunished and actually work out for the best. It bothered me that I could admire these women, while being horrified by so many of their actions.

Hilarious and Inspiring

This movie is hilarious! And it is great to watch if you want something on women empowerment. Three girls team up against their sleazy, misogynist boss to better and improve their workplace, although the whole matter accidentally happens and they did not pick the best way in fixing everything (kidnapping their boss). It is hilarious, heartwarming, and brilliant with the message of women empowerment with everyone ending up happy. The only causes for concern I suppose is that their is mild language, and one secondary character is an alcoholic. Overall, this movie is definitely a must-watch.