All parent member reviews for No Country for Old Men

Adult Written bybporter28 April 20, 2009

And the Oscar goes to....umm.....

Overrated. Not worthy of its Best Picture win.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Unique Based of Book Film is Classic and Brutal

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byANewell23 December 9, 2010

Good movie, not for younger children

I liked the movie, saw it with my husband. Very good story line, lots of violence, not recommended for younger children, older children could go and see it if they want a good movie to watch
Adult Written bylindsey12345 April 9, 2009

this is not right

kids should not curse
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

A great adult movie. This is full of realistic murder and a man trying to steal illegal money. No kids allowed.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009

Adult Written byelianne22 April 9, 2008

very brilliant performance from Javier Bardem

Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 21, 2009

Coen Brothers Best Movie

The Coen brothers strike again with this western thiller about a man finding a drug deal gone bad.He decides to take the money, and a crazy hitman goes after him to find the money. I recommend it for ages 14 and up because it would be hard to understand for kids. 5/5
Adult Written byNeonKennedy February 3, 2012

I dont understand why this film won "best picture" its not a good a movie.

A violent mentally ill psychopath is randomly deciding to kill people and claim money that he somehow believes is his. A "tough" redneck finds the money and doesn't react to it until its too late. An irresponsible sheriff slowly tries to "hunt" down the ruthless killer and the redneck, he fails. The killer kills the redneck and a bunch of other innocent people and he gets away. The sheriff gives up on the search and talks about some dream he had. The actors portray these characters that all have a poker face throughout the movie, that's not convincing acting. The weak western theme did not help the film one bit. Not impressed.
Adult Written byColdrick April 9, 2008

Adult Written byslacker666 April 9, 2008

A film for the thinking person.

This is a great film in all aspects. Yes, It is violent BUT, this also can be used as a tool to teach your children that bad things happen to bad people and people that try to take the easy road. I watched this film with a 17yo and a 15yo and afterwards explained to them just that. This is just a movie, and in the movies they do tend to exaggerate so called true life events but it all comes down to letting your children know the difference between rite and wrong. Like our fathers taught us.
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Huh?

After hearing what a great movies this was, I agreed to go with my husband. Yes, it's violent, but that's not the problem. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't love it. There are parts that are interesting. I start questioning my own intelligence because I felt like I just didn't "get" it. Maybe I need to watch it again, but I probably won't.
Adult Written by3300rb April 9, 2008

Should have paid me to watch it!

What a totally stupid movie! One review states "Teaches kids about what happens to people who try to take the easy way.." Ummmm, that is a real stretch. Another review stated "Teaches that the world is no place for anyone, not just old men!" WTF? Did we see the same movie? Just a really stupid violent movie that was a complete and total waste of time. I am shocked by the many positive reviews all over the internet. Terrible movie. Absolutely terrible!
Adult Written byGrady508 April 9, 2008

Good but goes to the extreme wihthviolence

I loved it a great movie for mid-teens. A 14 and older film definatly if you're that age you should see it!
Adult Written byKrbbup April 9, 2008

DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IF YOU HAVE ANY COMPASION!

I was very disapointed in this movie. Even though there was a lot of blood and gore (disturbing), it was the fact that almost all of the good people died! The bad psycho man lives and the sheriff does nothing but sit around and make up lituratue quotes. I would not recomennd this for anyone under the age of 17 simply because they should not have to see situations such as these.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byabrahm January 30, 2011

Adult Written byAdam Razak January 3, 2009

A Fantastic (Yet Violent) Thrill Ride

The Coen Brothers at their best!
Adult Written bymfodesktop@yahoo.com April 9, 2008

One of the worst movies I've ever seen - and not for kids of any age

This is one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I like the Coen brothers. After seeing it and re-reading some of the reviews, I question if the reviewers actually saw the film. Now, after seeing the Oscar nominations, I'm now convinced the process is corrupt! When it was over I heard people around me in the theater saying things like "what?", "you have to be kidding" and "was that really the ending?" I turned around as I was leaving hoping to see that it was a fake ending and it would pick back up and actually finish the story. Too much gratuitous violence and a climax that ended with a whimper. If Fargo is the benchmark - I rate it 1/5 Fargo (if that is as low as I could go).
Adult Written byelgoodo5 April 9, 2008

Dark, scary, brilliant, not for kids

Joel and Ethan Coen continue to amaze, with their latest film "No Country For Old Men". It really was a brilliant movie. The movie is about a hunter who stumbles across a drug deal gone wrong: around twenty dead people, a dead dog, twenty pounds of heroin, a dying man, and a suitcase filled with money. Meanwhile, a deranged, pscychopathic serial killer, goes on a rampage chasing the hunter, while a cop tries to figure the whole thing out. This film, while very good, is NOT for kids! It's very, very, very, very violent, and very dark. Kids probably won't get the story, and will be very disturbed. Great movie!
Adult Written bypapaG April 9, 2008

Ending for a different movie

The "No Country for Old Men" message is totally overshadowed by the wrong movie. The very unique overrinding plot of a psychic killer and the daring behavior of an otherwise common southwesterner, told one story. The final scene, almost seemed detached from the rest of the movie. None would relish being involved in the craziness of the nutso killer chasing a too brave non professional being able to walk into Mexico uncontested, let alone old men. The social statement that things have gone down the tube from a few years ago is a message that could have been handed out to moviegoers in a pamphlet before the movie with the disclaimer "And now watch a movie to prove that. And, by the way, there is no ending to that story....whatever the heck you want to make up, because we want you to spend to hours watching that exciting story just so we can deliver a "who doesn't agree with it" message of how the world is going to hell in a hand cart....That is the reason you go to the movies, isn't it...movie with no ending, but the social message I want to deliver?" Read the book if you must, but avoid this movie, or waste your time.