All parent member reviews for No Country for Old Men

Adult Written byNeonKennedy February 3, 2012

I dont understand why this film won "best picture" its not a good a movie.

A violent mentally ill psychopath is randomly deciding to kill people and claim money that he somehow believes is his. A "tough" redneck finds the money and doesn't react to it until its too late. An irresponsible sheriff slowly tries to "hunt" down the ruthless killer and the redneck, he fails. The killer kills the redneck and a bunch of other innocent people and he gets away. The sheriff gives up on the search and talks about some dream he had. The actors portray these characters that all have a poker face throughout the movie, that's not convincing acting. The weak western theme did not help the film one bit. Not impressed.
Adult Written bybporter28 April 20, 2009

And the Oscar goes to....umm.....

Overrated. Not worthy of its Best Picture win.
Adult Written bylindsey12345 April 9, 2009

this is not right

kids should not curse
Adult Written bymfodesktop@yahoo.com April 9, 2008

One of the worst movies I've ever seen - and not for kids of any age

This is one of the worst films I've ever seen, and I like the Coen brothers. After seeing it and re-reading some of the reviews, I question if the reviewers actually saw the film. Now, after seeing the Oscar nominations, I'm now convinced the process is corrupt! When it was over I heard people around me in the theater saying things like "what?", "you have to be kidding" and "was that really the ending?" I turned around as I was leaving hoping to see that it was a fake ending and it would pick back up and actually finish the story. Too much gratuitous violence and a climax that ended with a whimper. If Fargo is the benchmark - I rate it 1/5 Fargo (if that is as low as I could go).
Adult Written byzzzion April 9, 2008

Excellent

Some of the scenes are pure movie heaven. Many folk will dissagree in that it goes over their head, Better than Fargo, see for yourself if you like real mellow humor drama. Brad
Parent of a 4, 8, 14, and 15 year old Written bysc290101 June 7, 2015

Complex story, with deep philosophical questions.

There are plenty of other action / westerns out there that don't come loaded with the philosophical questions presented in this movie.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byabrahm January 30, 2011

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byANewell23 December 9, 2010

Good movie, not for younger children

I liked the movie, saw it with my husband. Very good story line, lots of violence, not recommended for younger children, older children could go and see it if they want a good movie to watch
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

A great adult movie. This is full of realistic murder and a man trying to steal illegal money. No kids allowed.
Adult Written byREDSOX101 July 21, 2009

Coen Brothers Best Movie

The Coen brothers strike again with this western thiller about a man finding a drug deal gone bad.He decides to take the money, and a crazy hitman goes after him to find the money. I recommend it for ages 14 and up because it would be hard to understand for kids. 5/5
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 28, 2009

Unique Based of Book Film is Classic and Brutal

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009

Adult Written byAdam Razak January 3, 2009

A Fantastic (Yet Violent) Thrill Ride

The Coen Brothers at their best!
Adult Written byelianne22 April 9, 2008

very brilliant performance from Javier Bardem

Adult Written by3300rb April 9, 2008

Should have paid me to watch it!

What a totally stupid movie! One review states "Teaches kids about what happens to people who try to take the easy way.." Ummmm, that is a real stretch. Another review stated "Teaches that the world is no place for anyone, not just old men!" WTF? Did we see the same movie? Just a really stupid violent movie that was a complete and total waste of time. I am shocked by the many positive reviews all over the internet. Terrible movie. Absolutely terrible!
Adult Written byslacker666 April 9, 2008

A film for the thinking person.

This is a great film in all aspects. Yes, It is violent BUT, this also can be used as a tool to teach your children that bad things happen to bad people and people that try to take the easy road. I watched this film with a 17yo and a 15yo and afterwards explained to them just that. This is just a movie, and in the movies they do tend to exaggerate so called true life events but it all comes down to letting your children know the difference between rite and wrong. Like our fathers taught us.
Adult Written byColdrick April 9, 2008

Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008

Huh?

After hearing what a great movies this was, I agreed to go with my husband. Yes, it's violent, but that's not the problem. I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't love it. There are parts that are interesting. I start questioning my own intelligence because I felt like I just didn't "get" it. Maybe I need to watch it again, but I probably won't.
Adult Written byGrady508 April 9, 2008

Good but goes to the extreme wihthviolence

I loved it a great movie for mid-teens. A 14 and older film definatly if you're that age you should see it!
Adult Written byelgoodo5 April 9, 2008

Dark, scary, brilliant, not for kids

Joel and Ethan Coen continue to amaze, with their latest film "No Country For Old Men". It really was a brilliant movie. The movie is about a hunter who stumbles across a drug deal gone wrong: around twenty dead people, a dead dog, twenty pounds of heroin, a dying man, and a suitcase filled with money. Meanwhile, a deranged, pscychopathic serial killer, goes on a rampage chasing the hunter, while a cop tries to figure the whole thing out. This film, while very good, is NOT for kids! It's very, very, very, very violent, and very dark. Kids probably won't get the story, and will be very disturbed. Great movie!