Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for No Escape

Forced thrills can't hide this movie's ugly xenophobia.

Adult Written bymarjoriekl November 29, 2015

No Escape

My main concern was with the violence and language. Dozens of people are brutally murdered with bats, guns, machetes, and other weapons. Needless to say, there's lots of blood and brutality. Also, the F word is used quite often. A woman is nearly raped, but rescued just in time. She is pinned down by several men, who rip her shirt and skirt and spread her legs. During the rescue, her butt is briefly shown in the background, but it isn't obvious. Aside from those concerns, this was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. Though the plot may seem like a run-of-the-mill escape-and-keep-your-family-alive movie, the suspense is constant. I would definitely watch it again.

Adult Written byDinosaursRunPlanet September 26, 2015

Really Good Very Intense and Lots of Violence

this movie is really but Parents should even thought movie is rated r for strong violence is really Intense from opening to end of movie there is lots of blood spray Characters are in peril throughout whole movie people shot run over by cars but is off screen there is Disturbing Rape Scene would Say This movie only For old teenagers not sensitive and kids haven't seen many movies with violence in wouldn't risk this movie there messenger about protect ones love ! there is lots of bad words too !

Adult Written byQueenscourt October 1, 2015

Great family movie

I was on the edge of my seat both times watching this movie. It was a real thrill. I would watch it again, no problem. There is quite a bit of violence but the scene cuts before showing the actual gory part. Parents are good role models, kids do a great job being in this extreme environment. This is a wonderful movie for the whole family with older kids. It is an extremely accurate depiction of an actual civil war which can be educational for a teen. I give this movie two thumbs up- I would give it more thumbs up if I had more thumbs. I definitely recommend!

Parent Written byAmyTH January 17, 2016

Not What the Critics Think it Is

Movie critics have been overwhelmingly negative toward this film, accusing it of depicting xenophobia and racism. This, however, was not at all the message of the film. "No Escape" tells a story that is not all that different from the realities of our world today, where civil unrest threatens the peace of developing countries. Think ISIS, Arab Spring, Benghazi, etc. The film accurately depicts the tensions that often exist between the West and the so called "third world." The basic story line follows an American family trying to escape an unnamed Asian country. The story is simple. The suspense is constant. The violence is intense. But the values are very good. We see a father desperately trying to save his family out of love for them. There is a strong family bond and much tenderness shown between family members. "No Escape" kept me on the edge of my seat and gave me a lot to think about. Great film!
Adult Written byjenonator February 20, 2016

Moving.

Amazing edge of your seat movie showing how important it is to understand the cultural and political happenenings of where you are travelling to. I think it was a wonderful if horrific reminder if what can happen when chaos ensues and mob violence takes over. I didn't find it xenophobic at all. Tourists and missionaries and employees of international companies have been killed throughout history. Lots haven't to- but it can happen. My girls were the same age as the girls in the middle movie. I have never cried in fear is n a movie in my life before this one. I had to pause and look around the room multiple times to remind myself I was home, safe.
Parent of a 11, 13, 15, and 16 year old Written bykerrirhamilton July 2, 2017

Great Movie!

CSM calls it xenophobic...I totally disagree. Strangers in other countries are portrayed in a state of heightened civil unrest, and some are anti American, while others are a lifeline to this American family. Ever been to a 3rd world country? There are extremists in a number of them!! This movie keeps you on the edge of your seat and rooting for family! There is foul language, and violence, of course. But we'll worth the watch.
Adult Written bykatrinaashlee April 4, 2016