All teen and kid member reviews for Noah

Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2014

Noooooooooooooooooo.......Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

first of all,only the first 30 seconds of the movie seemed a bit normal until... the watchers just had to com into play. who had the stupid idea that even though even unsaved people know how the story of Noah goes Russel crow just had to make there be rock transformers, dogs with scales, jeans, boots, and coats B.C. i didn't even get one bit how some guy GOT into the Ark with a tiny blunt old lame ax's. when Ham found someone to get married to, she got caught in a bear trap and Noah, this big strong man could of broke it open and saved her life... but no, he picked Ham up and let her get trampled on by a huge army to her death. this message goes out to all the Christians in the world, and mark my words DO NOT WATCH NOAH...
Kid, 12 years old April 14, 2014

HOW IS THIS 12A?! (Contains spoilers)

I saw this movie because it's rated 12A, and then I thought it wouldn't be so bad. It had many of my favorite actors, so I thought "why not see it?". This movie wasn't bad, but there was a lot of violence. Including animals and innocent people. There was one scene (you were warned of the spoilers) where the young girl and the Percy Jackson guy were running for their lives and she stepped in an animal trap and got stuck and the warriors ran over her. THIS WAS EXTREMELY DISTURBING AND EMOTIONAL. And also where Noah had to kill Ila's daughters. I kept hoping and hoping (while she was pregnant and it was unknown whether she was having a boy or a girl) that it would be a boy. (spoilers over) I can't be the only one who cried and Even though I'm allowed to see this movie by the law of my country, I still just HAD to close my eyes in some scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStevie111 April 17, 2014

Terrible Waste of Time

I went not for biblical reasons but went because it looked like a well made disaster film, but it just sucked. The special effects were decent, but the movie dragged, was overly brutal, and just poorly made. Why they had to slit animals' throats with copious amounts of blood I don't know, but they did. Terrible movie, definitely don't recommend.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDukeSilver July 11, 2014

2 different masterpieces.

The epic and emotionally dark film blew me away. It has to be the best film based on a biblical snippet since the passion. Crowe and Connelly pull out all the stops to make their characters as real and believable possible. But the controversy over this film does not reside over this fact. People(Christians) are all upset a put the biblical accuracy. I am a Christian and had almost no issues with this film, in fact its now one of my favorites. It can be violent and a bit questionable due to some sexual situations. Nothing explicit is shown but we do get the idea. In terms of the biblical accuracy think about how long the story of Noah is. Like five paragraphs right? How do you make this a two hour film? Just like any book related movie, the film never terns out exactly like the book. Because some things are impossible to put into film or they may dull the story. To keep the general audience interested you have to make your film with certain things in it, these don't have to be inappropriate. The things that I think people are most angry about were the fallen angels or the rock monsters. These creatures help move the story along and keep the spiritual parts of the film alive. Why is this an issue? I understand that they aren't in the written text but who is to say they weren't there helping Noah. And actually the Bible does reference to the Watchers, as the fallen angels are called. Also people might be complaining about the whole deal with Ham and the youngest son having no wives. This piece just adds tension between Noah and his son to keep the plot from growing dull. We should not be complaining about this opportunity to share the gospel we should embrace it. This is the easiest way ever to get someone interested in the Bible and God.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNINJAPOKER123 May 29, 2014

ITS TO BORING AND THEY OVER DID IT WITH THE GORE DO NOT GO SEE IT

IF YOU BRING A CHILD TAKE THEM TO ANOTHER MOVIE THIS IS NOT MADE FOR CHILDREN EEN THOUGH IT SAYS PG-13 ITS MORE LIKE, PG-16 OR 17.
Kid, 12 years old April 16, 2014

Breathtaking

Breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking. Should be the movie of the year!
Kid, 12 years old May 26, 2014

REALLY should have been rated R.

This movie is VERY Violent, gory and disturbing. Also kind of sad. No one under 14, in my opinion, should see this.
Kid, 12 years old April 22, 2014

Terribly Strays from Scriptures

The never say the word God or Lord in reference to Jehovah. Ham and Japheth don't have wives in the movie. Noah intends to kill off the human race. Methuselah is depicted as a witch doctor. The list goes on.
Kid, 8 years old August 7, 2014

Just fine

It was ok it could add a little more something
Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 July 2, 2014

DON"T SEE!

2 Reasons. 1. The story is all wrong! It is not the biblical Noah story you read in the Bible. They twisted it. The only thing they got right was that God sent a flood and there is sin in the world. 2. WAY TO VIOLENT! Should've been R. Don't waste your time or money. REALLY disappointing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFishynmn May 27, 2014

Epic, but dark, tale based loosely on the Biblical flood.

Noah is purposely controversial. Whether your for it or offended by it's very inaccurate account of one of the most important Bible stories, it is obvious that it thrills and involves it's audience. Noah is a great example of beautiful film making. What also should be noted by parents is that Noah is very violent, and borders on shocking in several scenes. Noah is not recommended for young kids. Parents should consider the following: ___________________________________________________________________ - Brutal violence and frequent bloodshed._____________________________ - Scary, dark visuals involving monsters and creepy images of death.____ - Implied sexuality and mild partial nudity._____________________________ - Intense fantasy action._____________________________________________ - Characters die and make morally questionable decisions.______________ ___________________________________________________________________ Besides all the violence, Noah is also incredibly dark and dreary. Disturbing visuals of death by drowning, the slaughter of animals, as well as humans mercilessly handling animals and humans. Several characters death. Characters, exspecailly Noah, make morally questionable decisions. But some sinister acts that take place near the end top the rest. ___________________________________________________________________ *Spoiler Starts Here!* While the ending is uplifting, the segment while the family travels in the ark is namely disturbing and to many, perhaps offensive. After Ila becomes pregnant, Noah begins to threaten that if the baby is born a girl, he will kill it as soon as it leaves her womb. Lila ends up having twin girls and soon after they're born, Noah grabs his knife and lifts it over his head with the intent of killing the girls, and slowly lowers it but ends up just kissing them both on the forehead. This scene is very shocking and unsettling. *Spoiler Ends Here!* ___________________________________________________________________ The frequent dark visuals and iffy morals really make Noah a questionable movie for some. The very sinister theme that happens later on in the movie make Noah shocking at that point. While it ends on a mostly peaceful note, one can't help but be influenced to some extent by the movie's shocking ideas. ___________________________________________________________________ Ultimately, Noah is an excellent movie that should be off limits to children of any age. Most teenagers, particularly older ones, should be fine watching it, however, it all depends on the teen. The violence is strong for a PG-13 movie, but also, what makes Noah even more mature is its dark visuals and very intense, fantasy themes. The occasional shocking scene and the sometimes strong violence make Noah for adults and older teens with exceptions, however, only you know your kid.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAndreas Z. April 13, 2014

Very nice film

Ok. It is not based on the bible but it is still very good. There is a clear story line and great acting. In some points there is too much violence (like threatening that kids will be killed and shows some blood) but is no swearing or anything like this. Only some kisses. There is also a great message.
Kid, 10 years old April 8, 2014

Noah

The movie Noah was very disappointing. I had very high hopes for this film but this movie is not what you were probably expecting. This movie has so much fantasy and is nothing like the bible story. There are just miracles happening right from the beginning that are not believable like water coming out of the ground and rock creatures called watchers that are totally made up. Aside from that there is alot of violence like the huge rock creatures crushing the people who are trying to take the ark and a goat being torn apart with blood spilling everywhere and everyone trying get its meat and children are taken away from there family and presumably tortured and people are run over. Overall this movie is probably best for kids 11and up.
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2015

What The F*ck ?

So I saw the trailer of this movie, and some pics, and told myself "ok, this shouldn't be so bad" at the beginning it was not so bad... but then, (SPOILER) after they started building an ark it became disgusting, brutal. There is a scene where Ham finds a girl that he wants to take with them to the ark, but she gets stuck in a trap, Ham can't save him, but then his dad comes to save him from an army of men, instead of saving the girl, he leaves her get squashed by dousands of men, trying to take over the ark. After a fight defending the ark, the evil "king" of these men, survives the "flood" and makes his way into the ark, and in that point I quit the movie because I knew he was going to die a disgusting dead and also because my hearth was beating crazy... (I don't know what happened to him). Okey my rating is ONLY FOR 12 years old that could handle some gruesome scenes... Only a small amount of S scenes...
Kid, 12 years old February 21, 2015

worst film ever!

Teen, 13 years old Written byana_loves_movies February 9, 2015

One of the worst movies I have ever seen

This movie was horrible!! It was way too long and the storyline was very confusing. Even though the acting was alright the conversations seemed very forced. Also, I didn't find this movie violent that much. Just don't waste your time with this movie.
Kid, 12 years old November 1, 2014

Terrible

This was a terrible movie. It was extremely violent and gory, and it was very unbiblical.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2014

Very,very bad.

Full of blasphemy not even true what happens at Noah's ark. Don't even suggest it. No scriptures, and S. That's right S. Don't get it or see it. Don't look at the age, I just put that there because I had too.
Teen, 14 years old Written byfuzzmee August 1, 2014

Bible Story + Hollywood = A Movie That Doesn't Even Mention God Once

If you are Christian, you're probably going to hate it. If you're not Christian, you'll probably still hate it. The acting was pretty bad, and the writing was even worse. The only thing I kinda liked about it was the animation, and Logan Lerman's pretty face :) . The very first line in the movie it says, "In the beginning, there was nothing," instead of in the beginning there was God. So, they kind of took God out of the context. And they had these weird rock creatures that were supposed to be angels. There is TONS of gore. Like I mean TONS. They show people eating people and wild animals raw, they show dead children and adults lying on the ground, a girl being caught in a bear trap then being trampled-- the list goes on and on. Emma Watson couldn't have children, so her Grandpa gave her a blessing so that she CAN have kids, right after the blessing she violently kissed her boyfriend (I forget his name,) and they both took off their clothes and it is implied that they had sex. In the end of the movie, Noah goes crazy and plans to kills Emma Watson's babies because they are girls and he thinks "the creator" only wants the animals to repopulate and live on Earth. That was the most disturbing part for me. He does not kill the children, though. After that everyone hates Noah because he almost killed the babies, and he becomes a drunk. In one scene he is naked, drunk, and lying face down on a beach. You can see his butt but that's all. I seriously hate that movie with a burning passion, and I wish I could get those 138 minutes back. Honestly, if you are going to watch it, just rent it and just pay a dollar for it.
Kid, 9 years old August 29, 2014

I liked it but it is not for all ages.

Noah is a so&so movie.Watch it in parts it will make it less scary. The worst part is the "suggestive scene".