Kid reviews for Now Is Good

Well-acted tearjerker about teen cancer has mature themes.

No reviews yetAdd your rating

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2015

Teen, 15 years old Written byMaryabad June 29, 2014

Better than TFIOS

A week ago, I watched a film called "The Fault In Our Stars." I did enjoy the cute, romantic-ness of the film. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I began to watch more cancer films. I watched my sisters keeper first, though, it wasn't really my thing. Then, I googled a few other movies about cancer and found "Now is Good." Now, my first impression of the movie was that it looked extremely boring... But, my guts told me to watch it! And when I watched it, it was definitely NOT what I expected. I cried all throughout the movie, I laughed, and I got hooked with the entire plot. The movie is very REAL. They showed exactly how cancer is. The directors portrayed it very well. Let's not forget about the actors! They are well fit for their characters. I understand that The fault in our stars is a good film but, I do believe this one is better. In TFIOS, they focused on the romance A LOT. While in Now is Good, they focused on the real hardships of cancer and a hint of love! Perfect mix. I am very upset though, TFIOS got more publicity because of the actors, and the hipster book. No offense, but I know a lot of people that love this movie better compared to TFIOS. They pretended to like TFIOS just to bandwagon.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymro15 August 23, 2016
This movie is heartbreakingly beautiful. You will find yourself laughing and crying along with each of the characters. I'm not one to cry often at movies, but this film had me sobbing like never before at the end. Highly highly recommend to anyone 14+

Teen, 14 years old Written byKhalila_Pringle September 13, 2014

Great!!!

I watched this yesterday and I couldn't stop crying towards the end...personally I think its because they focus more the struggles of having cancer then just looking at the romance side to it all the time which Is why I believe it got to me a lot more than TFIOS did. Also I think the themes may be a bit to mature for anyone under 14.