Parent reviews for Nowhere Boy

Nowhere Boy Poster Image

This movie was truly awful, nothing happened throughout the whole film.

Sexual content worse than reviewed

I only watched about 30 minutes of this movie, or got turned off when the "high schooler has a tryst with a classmate" scene came on. Per Common Sense Media it was mild and didn't show anything. However, the scene I saw was watching John bring his classmate to orgasm with his hand (she's thrashing around, making noise, you see him thrusting his hand, etc) before she turns around ready for sex. At which his pants drop and I turned the film off horrified! We seek to avoid such blatant sexuality in movies /TV shows in our house and I would not have started the movie had I known. Further motivation to turn off the movie was John's mother was flirting with him and she decides to lay on the couch with him. This causes him issues with lust and that's when he seemingly remembers his "tryst with a classmate." I had no desire to watch the suggestive content to its conclusion -- be it only mental lust /orgasms to the thought of his mother, or if it worsens to his mother "making a move" on him. I'm giving it 2 stars because the story itself thus far was interesting and "17 & up" as that is the general standard for a Rated R movie. If I had a 17 year old son/daughter would they be allowed to watch this? No!