Kid reviews for Odd Squad: The Movie

Pint-sized problem-solvers face rival squad on funny show.

Based on 1 review

Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2016

Best Movie Ever (some spoliers)

I love this Movie and the Show I watch it on the premiere date.It is pretty cool.The Movie has Otto,Olive, and Oscar Making a big Comeback.Me and My friend went to the premiere.The whole cast was there.There is a lot of action.So don't let your Little kid watch this unless they can handle it.Acting is also very well.

Teen, 15 years old Written byHunter.O August 12, 2016

(Minor Spoilers) Okay, this movie was amazing

I watched this a few nights ago with a four year old. I am pretty sure I enjoyed it more than him! I really enjoy the t.v show, so I was pretty much counting down the days until I could watch it. I don't want to spoil anything, but the best part was when the Odd Squad agents needed a little "help", so they called some assistance. Oo! Also the 80's flash back was amazing as well. This is a movie that it perfect for families, because I know little kids will love it, and so will tweens, and teens, and adults! (pretty much the whole world). There is some minor scary moments, but it is all fun and games (dave). And as long as (dave) your child isn't scared super easily (dave) it should be totally fine!

Kid, 9 years old October 24, 2016

Okay, I love Odd Squad's show but this is MUCH BETTER!

Title says it all. I especially liked the recording, "Odd Squad's going down!". This movie was very funny. The Daves may be a bit frightening to the young ones and I want kids to understand it because it is AWESOME so I'd say stick to 6+. Ya.

Teen, 17 years old Written byErinMilne July 20, 2017

Watch Your Back, Weird Tom - Odd Squad is Here!

As a longtime fan of the tv show Odd Squad, I was instantly hyped about the movie, but I also think it's an excellent introduction to the series for people who have been living under a rock and have somehow not seen it. This is not only because of the Season 1 characters' (Olive, Otto, and Oscar) team-up with Season 2's characters (Olympia, Otis, and Oona), all under the supervision of Ms. O. It takes the basic plot of an Odd Squad episode (Something Very Odd has happened) and expands on it. Big time. This time, instead of dealing with a member of a rogue gallery that rivals Batman's (as so often happens), the agents have to wrangle with something far more sinister: a rival organization of strange-stopping adults known as Weird Team, headed by a charismatic figure known as Weird Tom. Compared to Odd Squad, they're a mess. They get around in a van that's probably older than me, they draw adults to their side by handing out free tees, they can barely do the basic math that Odd Squad pretty much relies on, they don't work together much (Weird Tom tells a reporter that he regrets calling Weird Team a team), and they're outright mean to their kid counterparts. However, they do manage to solve odd - or weird - problems with a single gadget, as opposed to the Squad's more specialized gadgets. This more efficient practice drives Odd Squad out of business, forcing them to start leading more or less normal lives until the kids discover the truth behind Weird Team's shady dealings - and that the grownups have unknowingly released a dangerous breed of creature that could destroy the world. There are some action scenes, but no blood is shed. Friendship and teamwork are featured heavily. Basically, the protags are kids, so the audience can be kids. This movie will make you laugh (the kids, as usual, have downright hilarious dialogue, but the crowning moment of funny comes during a song Weird Tom composes to burn his kiddo counterparts. Agent Otis completely loses it when tossed a t-shirt!). It will make you cry (seeing the agents try to live as regular kids, accompanied by "The Saddest Song In The World Of All Time", will bring on the waterworks for anyone). It will make you think (mostly about how kids are more drawn to each other than adults, resulting in more teamwork between them). It will make you cheer (if defeating a giant mouse doesn't satisfy you, flying to space in an ice cream truck might!). Best of all, it will make you want to hug your friends. 10/10. Would recommend to anyone -and I mean anyone.

Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2018

They actually made an odd squad movie!!!!

This movie is great for families and odd squad fans!!