All teen and kid member reviews for Open Season

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old April 15, 2011

Very awesome!

FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2010

I hated it, but little kids might like it. Overall, it's pretty lame.

Ok, I don't agree with CSM. This movie is NOT funny. Boring and lame, this movie has violence just to get more viewers. The violence isn't that bad, just some guns (animated of course). I personally hated it, but some little kids might like it, so I rated it 2 stars. Actually it's 1.5 stars. HA ha! Ok don't see this movie, or else you'll experience one of the worst animated movies ever. Most animated movies fail, but some don't, like Up, for example.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudenC July 3, 2015

Open Season

Generic but has a good message. Some of the ways the animals are treated by the hunters might be disturbing to young kids but it's harmless enough!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRatz January 25, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byHTFMime November 4, 2010

Hated it.

I rather show myself naked at school then this crap.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2009

Not the Best But Worth Watching

Gross-out humor is plentiful in this film. Boog barfs on a window, snot is shown blowing out of characters' noses, et cetera, et cetera. I was kinda grossed out but I like this movie a lot.
Teen, 16 years old Written byREVIEWGUY101 September 9, 2016

Not sure with this one

????
Kid, 9 years old July 8, 2016

Literally, The Only inappropriate part is guns

This movie is kinda funny and I think it is a good family movie to watch. The only part that you want to know is that Shaw uses a gun to try to hunt the animals. Other than that, I recommend you watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byybco124 January 30, 2016

MUST READ 2016

Personally I think it has a good story line and that little kids will laugh at the content. the only bit I may find a bit worrying is that they are being hunted and that when I was little it made me a bit afraid. It it OK though in my opinion as it ticked a lot of boxes but is was sad as the bear was separated from his mother and got PUT TO SLEEP. Be careful with your child as you would do with another p.g ANOTHER GREAT REVIEW BY YBCO124
Kid, 9 years old December 15, 2015

Kinda boring...

It was sooo boring! Also, one use of the C word. I'm glad other users caught that. Here's the scene. Boog is sitting on some sort of hay-like thing, and Elliot is trying to convince him to poop. Then he says, "Come on, start c-r-a-p-p-i-n-'.". After that, I changed it to The Spongebob Movie. Watch that movie instead.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2014
This was hilarious. Although it has some rude humour, it was still funny. Martin Lawrence was good, Ashton Kutcher was hilarious, Debra Messing was fine and Gary Sinise was great. A great time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 27, 2013

Makes me feel good

I like this movie, even though edgy and crude, funny. It has humor anyone can enjoy. Kid's will laugh at it's funny characters and potty humor, adults will laugh at they edgy hidden humor the movie has. It has a great plot and storyline, and the character personalities aren't lacking. Even though probably not emmy-worthy, still a great movie for families!
Teen, 14 years old Written by1visualFXguy April 18, 2013

Makes Hunters Look Dumb, >:(.

I like this movie, but one thing bothers me about it. It is the fact how it makes hunters look evil. I'm a hunter, my dad's a hunter, and my Grandpa's a hunter, and we are all offended by this video. I have never seen (or wanted to see) Bambi, because of how it makes hunters evil, and I think that Common Sense should have said something about that up top, >:(.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviewannabe January 27, 2013

Hilarious comedy for all-ages!!!!

This CGI comedy mixes two kinds of comedy: Slapstick and bathroom humor. All of this humor amused me. My greatest concern is if guns should be okay to be depicted in a PG-rated movie or a G-rated movie. Aside from the toilets, poop, farts, snot, spit and underwear jokes, kids can learn about hunting season. Plus, crap is used once in this movie. I'll never forget when Boog calls Ian a "panty-wasted cow".
Teen, 13 years old Written byJon Hardwick June 5, 2012

pretty good

pretty good for a kids movie there is violence crude humor, flirting and, the word crap is used to reference defecation. Boog and Elliot make a hilarious pair.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny September 7, 2011

Makes me feel good...

This isn't exactly a "spectacular" movie and is probably not Emmy-worthy, either. Still, I love it. The characters are funny (and definitely not annoying). It just has that "feel-good" tone to it. The film teaches that sometimes you have to let go of something you really love, which all kids will have to do one day, whether they like it or not. There is some violence: gun shots, explosions, etc. and some "over-the-top" humor, but not too much. The language is mild: "stupid", "idiot", "crap", etc., nothing your child hasn't already heard before. Basically, it's a good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 30, 2011

Funny Film Your Kids Will Love

This is a cute kid's movie with some rude humor. Elliot is seen going to the bathroom and you see the results. Violence- guns are seen as it involves fighting hunters. Scary images- Boog walks into Shaw's house unknowingly and he sees various victims of his hunting. The scene where Shaw tries to find Boog may be a little intense . In the end we find out that wild animals belong in the wilderness and not with humans.
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

Best movie ever

ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!!
Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2010