Kid reviews for Pee-Wee's Big Holiday

Zany adventure has some sexual innuendo.

Teen, 13 years old Written byFarmgirl1579 April 22, 2016

Really

Really this show is kid frindly even I dont like this movie. It needs to be more pg-14.

Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2016

MLG

Good for 7+

Language Like [Badass, Hell, Crap, Shutup.]

Kid, 10 years old June 14, 2020

listine people!!!! THIS MOVIE IS NOT INAPPROPRIATE

i know about the 3 girls who kidnap pee wee BUT THEY ARE NICE TO HIM AT THE END like umm the other girl named pee wee gave him her pocket knife OH AND THEY BROUGHT HIM TO NEW YORK. oh and yes some scenes are kinnda weird but its great pee wees friend svaes him its about friendship and trying something new in life and having a adventure

Teen, 14 years old Written bymurdermystery June 12, 2020

For OLDER Kids Only

Parents will need to know that PEE-WEE'S BIG HOLIDAY contains mild slapstick violence and sexual references. For older kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byOddball20 December 22, 2019

Not better than PeeWee’s Big Adventure

This movie was okay. I liked PeeWee Herman’s Big Adventure more. This movie had more sexual scenes than the first PeeWee movie. This movie was not well done. Although this movie was not anymore stupid than the first. It was just not as enjoyable.

What’s in the movie?

Sex -
Comic focus on some large-breasted female bank robbers; they have a pillow fight with male strippers. A woman touches her breasts. Nine voluptuous (some overweight) women flirt with Pee-Wee.

Violence -
Cartoon action: a comic bank robbery and auto chase with female perpetrators who wield knives; an exuberant pillow fight; a scary moment in anticipation of a snake's appearance in a dark room at a snake farm; hitchhiking at night, a wolf howling; women falling out of a tree; a farmer pointing a shotgun at the hero; scary sounds in a forest; Pee-Wee falling into a well. No one is seriously hurt.

Teen, 16 years old Written byStressy-Much September 14, 2019

For how I feel about this...

I remember first watching this back in middle school a few years ago with my classmates on Netflix that the teacher had put on for us. (even my teacher didn't know how this would go as they chose this one)

The film was fine for us until it got a bit awkward with the three female criminals not so dressed modestly showing up as they forced Peewee to drive somewhere since they were trying to get away from the cops for stealing from the bank. It got even more awkward for us when the scene came where Peewee was tied up in a motel room surrounded by the three female criminals. One of my classmates pointed out it was getting a bit inappropriate. Then it suddenly went from "awkward" to "RANDOMLY WEIRD" when cops showed up to the motel and ripped their clothes off for like no reason! I had NO idea what was happening right now at that room.

This film is definitely NOT for kids!
Teen, 15 years old Written byLillianna_guthiel June 16, 2018

Hear me out everyone !!!!!!!

Okay so this movie is dumber than a rock I tried to put it on for a funny time with my family and I start watching it and it's late at night and I was going to go to sleep to it and next thing you know a freaking dude with a balloon start screeching at it I've got so done with this movie don't bother watching it cuz I absolutely positively stupid I don't know who would watch this movie it is so dumb I wouldn't recommend any age to watch it unless you want your kid or you to feel Dumber or anything else it's annoying the only the moral of the story is that like live life okay live life that's it that's the moral of the story.

Kid, 11 years old January 27, 2018

great with a tiny bit of language and sex

well the have some bad language but not anything kids cant handle but they have male strippers and woman robbers that touch there breasts which was a tiny bit disappointing but it was still a great movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byhereismyreview December 30, 2017
I don't understand what could happen if kids see 10 seconds of half naked people having a pillow fight. Is it really that damaging??
Teen, 17 years old Written byZoë W. December 15, 2017

Enjoyable, but there are some parts you may want to skip if you're watching with young kids!

Peewee's playhouse (while it was treated like a show geared towards young children) was very popular among college kids back when it first came out. The character Peewee was Paul Reuben's character that he created for Stand-Up routines and I don't think he always meant for it to be a character for children's television.
That being said, I believe there are a lot of pieces of this film that kids will enjoy! There are very visually pleasing scenes, and fun music that make it enjoyable to watch!
There are a few sexual jokes, and some inappropriate features, because I believe that this film isn't a film made with only kids in mind (being that many Peewee fans are adults now).
I would keep in mind that there is a scene involving male strippers, and while they don't get naked, or do anything overly sexual, kids may not understand what strippers are and ask for an explanation. This scene is easily skipped over, and it rather unimportant to the story so feel free to skip from 27:29 to 30:28.
That isn't the part that seems the most inappropriate to me though. Something that is a common theme in this movie is Peewee getting help from strangers along the way, and while this is all fun and good in the fictional world of Peewee Herman, make sure to explain to your kids that asking for help from strangers, or getting in the car with strangers is unsafe. If they're young and suggestible, maybe it isn't the best idea. If I watched this as a kid, it would take it as a reason to trust strangers and get in strangers' cars.
There is also a scene that implies that a man is going to attack or potentially even rape Peewee, and while this is quickly switched into him doing a Stand-Up routine for Peewee, it could potentially feel unsafe/uncomfortable or maybe even triggering for viewers (starts at 56:00 and ends at about 58:00)
Peewee is a bit ruder in this version (in my opinion he's always been kind of rude). It's nothing over the top, but again, it would be good to explain to your kids that that's not how you act in real life.
It's also good to remember that Peewee is a grown man, not a child, and that things are different for him, your kid may not understand that it wouldn't be safe to talk to strange men, or to travel alone, etc.
There are a few mean words used but not any swears (besides hell - that's used in a non profanity way, to explain ... hell, and badass - which is probably the worst word used in the whole film).
Overall, I think the message in this film is light and fun, and could be helpful for kids (or anything) who are scared to try new things or go places they've never been before.

Like with all media, talk to your kids about it and make sure they're take away isn't negative. Help them understand what is happening, and what's safe, etc.

For adults who want to watch this film, it's pretty enjoyable if you're childish at heart! I found it very fun (keep in mind that I enjoy comedies and light hearted films, as well as cartoons). If this genre isn't for you, I wouldn't waste my time. It's a very goofy film, but with good acting, fun (mindless) plot, and visually pleasing scenes and effects.

Kid, 9 years old November 21, 2017

Funny with language

Great movie, great cast, great message. Although there is some language, but I would not consider when they use h*** as a bad word. Pee wee means to say the one from Greek mythology. If your kid does not understand this word, you might have to explain. Also, a criminal says,”Your bad a** pee wee”
Great movie, the only thing bad is the language, I recommend it.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHunter.O June 3, 2017

Hmmm... I don't know about this one.

Okay, so I am an absolute fan of the original, so I was at the same time excited, and not, about this movie. I sadly had to skim through this movie. I wasn't a fan off the alien scene in the beginning, I felt it just sstarted the movie on a bad note. I thought the bank robber thing was stupid and definitely not needed.
As soon as I saw the "so called" police officers rip their clothes off, I began my journey of holding my finger on the fast-forward button. I was sadly disappointed that pee wee didn't remember his last big adventure. Although a great cameo was part of it, I wasn't a fan of the flying car scene. I know, a story about a man named 'pee wee herman' isn't believable, but a flying car was too far fetched for me. The high pitched screams from pee wee were annoying to me, and I wasn't a fan of the whole farmer scene, it seemed sort of pointless and unfunny to me. I noticed one "bad - a**", and the stuck in the well scene is overall creepy. It is similar to large marge. I did however think there were some good points, like the snake museum gags, and the early scenes of the movie. My favorite scene had to be with the hair stylists. I didn't really catch the 'romatic-ish' relationship between pee wee and Joe Manganiello. If it went over my head, I don't see someone else younger than me noticing. I actually thought their relationship was funny! I put consumerism down below, because, honestly, this movie will get people who enjoyed the first one, and maybe even pay for it. Parts were enjoyable, but I'm not planning on watching it again.

Teen, 17 years old Written bytheshawshankred... March 21, 2016

Pee Wee is back!

Way better than I was expecting as a 17 year old. I loved it.