Kid reviews for Pet Sematary

Pet Sematary Poster Image

Disturbing but a cult classic

This movie started off very light but in the middle things got really dark really quick. There’s minor swearing with one f-bomb and no sex. However, this film may be upsetting to parents with themes of losing children and struggling to accept it. The violence isn’t the worst I’ve ever seen but it’s probably why it’s rated R, with stabbing and trucks frequently running over things. The thing that grossed me out the most were the themes of cannibalism. No one wants to see a toddler eat an old man’s throat. Overall great movie, for mature audiences.

Great movie! It was really cheesy to me due to he fact that it was made in the 80's. Everything looked pretty fake and unrealistic. The only thing that I would consider scary was a lady who's name was Zelda she had Spinal Meningitis, but overall it looked fake. It really depends on the kid. Is he/she mature is he/she not mature. Does he/she get scared easily does he/she not get scared easily. Does he/she get influenced easily does he/she not get influenced easily. Me and my sister watched this and she wasn't scared at all, but she's also really mature for her age. There is swearing (even a child swears), so if your child gets influenced easily then they should probably not watch.

A dark and sad Horror film with some bad words

Sh-t sone of a Bi-ch are said and on 5 year old girl does say "Little Sh-t" and on F word a baby is hit by a truck. you see a man who has ben hit in the head by a truck to and his head is all bloody. A old women kills her self and you see creepy girl with a bad back in some parts. The baby that got hit by the car come back and kills a old man and his mom with a small knife. At the end the mom come back and you see that the baby ate ate her face and is bloody she that kisses her husband. You no she then kill him with a big knife but you do not see it. men drink beer and smoking in some parts

Not too scary, but too gory for younger teens.

A very good film. Tense in parts but it didn't scare me and I jump very easy. The cat is unintentionally hilarious. Incredibly violent, especially for the time. Multiple characters are violently attacked and murdered. Scenes of a young boy hit by a truck. One of the recurring characters is the ghost of a dead man with an exposed brain. Scariest scenes come from a character with spinal meningitis, and were genuinely very creepy. Multiple uses of bad language, though none of it is anything someone aged 13 or over hasn't heard. I believe it is a bad idea to show this to anyone under 15 as it could desensitise them to violence, though this happened more mildly to me and I'm fine. Highly recommend, as long as you are not looking for something terrifying.

Disturbing and gruesome

I watched the film with my family but we had to turn it off halfway because it freaked out my younger sibling. The first gruesome thing was a kid gets hit by a truck which is a bit gory but you can tell it is fake. I found it disturbing when the maid hangs herself a you hear her neck snap but the most horrible thing was when you see the mothers sister, her body is so thin you can see her bones and we had to turn it off at that point. It had some jump scares and a bit of gore. I found it kinda gross but it didn't bother my that much but I know my mother and sibling are completely disturbed by it. I don't think anyone younger than 14 should watch it.

This movie Is great but cheesy

Ever since I was little I wanted to see this movie and it is sad because of child violence but it is not to bad. This movie has some gross scenes yet is more shocking than scary. It’s not as bad as it sounds.

For someone getting into the horror genre I think this is a good starter and a classic

After watching movies in the 2000 I think this one holds up. No I don’t think it is scary however I think it’s a very good starter. Or a fun one to watch with friends or someone who gets scared easily. It’s a good introducer. I think the remake is a lot better but I think this one has something to it. It’s worth watching.

Better Then Remake For Once!

Pet Sematrashy!

I agree with my supporter, DogCat! 10 year olds are too young for that! This person is a fan of Home Alone. I like Home Alone as a kid but swearing and name calling is disappointed for a kids film. These characters are total jerks especially the villains. I can respect your opinion if you like Home Alone. Now, back to this review! Horror movies is for adults! There is some victims, blood, and car crash! Note that this upsets animal lovers! No one should watch Stephen King's movies! This guy does saying swear words! Horror movies should be banned! Maybe which country does ban horror genres!? Well, please do NOT watch this movie! If you say it's appropriate for preteens, I disagree with you! #Horror Movie Rants #Horror Movie Haters #Stephen King Rants #Stephen King Haters

Pet Sematrashy!

Homealonefan123 this movie is not for 10 year olds! Why did you put age 10+? This movie should be for ages 18+ only! I like Home Alone too. #Horror Movie Haters #Horror Movie Rants #Stephen King Rants