Kid reviews for Pet Sematary

Book-based Stephen King horror tale is scary and violent.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 27, 2014

IT WILL SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF KIDS

Last year, I spent my summer watching Stephen King films such as The Shining, The Mist, IT, Misery and this one, Pet Sematary. And I have to say, this one was the scariest Stephen King film I have watched yet, especially the Zelda scenes. My dad says the movie is stupid and maybe he is right, but I know one thing. This movie is very scary on a high level. Its the type of film that will keep you awake at night. I think if I remember correctly, I was scared for a bit that Gage was hiding under my bed, like he did in the movie. This movie is not for any kids under 12. Its violent and gory and it has language and it is just plain terrifying. It deals with scenes that may be depressing and scary for some at the same time and the ending is not happy at all. 12+ and you should probably screen it first. O yeah and their is a suicide scene with gagging. Oh yeah and just for the record, if you show a little kid this be prepared for " *fill in the blank of child's pet name* isn't going to die and hurt me, is he mommy?"

Teen, 16 years old Written byRhinoGamerHD May 19, 2020

Quite good

I'm getting pretty annoyed when people say there's loads of swearing in the film and the fact that the F-word was a shock to them. NEWS FLASH IT'S RATED R/18+ WHAT WERE YOU EXPECTING????? MOST PG-13'S HAVE MUCH MORE IN THEM!!!
Ok, now that i'm done ranting, let's talk about the film.
It's almost good.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2020

Pet Sematary (1989)

This unique 1989 horror film is violent, has some gore.

This movie follows:
Dr. Louis creed and his wife move into a house next to a creepy pet sematary.

This is one of the BEST movies I have ever seen, so if you like horror movies, I recommend watch this.

Kid, 10 years old April 7, 2020

Don’t watch if your under 17

I only watched the start of it but, it scared me to death. DO NOT WATCH.

Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2020

Kids can see this

This movie is appropriate for 10 year olds and older. I saw this (I’m 11) on a weekend and I didn’t get scared once. Its not even eerie scary, like without jump scares. It has one jumps are but that’s it. The swearing is fine for 8 year old kids. The F word is used once or twice, but that’s really it. Nothing sexual, but someone does smoke. In a scene a little girl refers to her cat being fixed, but its not bad. I’m going to be honest, this is probably one of the worst horror movies I’ve ever seen, b a lot of people like it, so dont not see it because of me. Also there is some violence but nothing to bad.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBisketeater January 18, 2020

Pet Sematary (1989) review

It was a well made movie . I am not a big horror fan but I liked this movie . It was by far the most disturbing movie I’ve ever seen, but I watched it alone in a motel at night which made it ten times more frightening . It is very sad and depressing . If the ending to Old yeller was sad than this was exhaustingly depressing . It was also very graphically violent with much gratuitous violence . However it also had very interesting insights into human nature and much symbolism . It had a repeating theme of letting our fears go and I think it tells a good lesson . Well made movie, very disturbing and scary but also very symbolic and psychological .
Kid, 12 years old November 12, 2019

Great! But....

This movie is fairly violent, but it is more so sad and dark. A 3 year old child is run over by a truck. We dont see the impact, but we see the body later on. A man is hit by a truck offscreen, but we see lots of blood and brain matter while he is in the hospital. He later comes back as a ghost and chats frequently with the protagonist. A girl with spinal meningitis is scary to look at, and haunts one of the characters. She later dies. A cat is hit by a truck offscreen, we later see the body. A woman is stabbed offscreen by her son, and hung. An old man has his heel cut out, his mouth slit, and his throat eaten out. An old woman hangs herslef on screen. A man crashes his truck and dies. A man is stabbed to death by his wife off screen. Two men are burned in a fire offscreen. Not too much swearing, but there is some. The violence is honestly not as bad as it seems, as there is low blood, and the fact that everyone comes back to life lightens the tone alot. This is a great movie in my opinion. Okay for mature 12 year olds and up.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEliffgg June 30, 2019

Scary and good, just not as good as the book.

Kid, 10 years old June 28, 2019

Long and kinda boring

Pet seminary is a long thriller written by Stephan king there’s one part when a lady sees a cat frozen to the ground and a little boy gets ran over by a semi truck younger viewers may get nightmares and some parents.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymaciek123 May 2, 2019

Teen, 13 years old Written bymurdermystery April 17, 2019

Freaky

PET SEMATARY had a few uses of bad language. Parents will mainly need to know about the violence. The violence isn't over the top but is still at a gory level.
Teen, 14 years old Written byClaire Mattison March 15, 2019

Don’t be Fooled by the Name!!!

Personally, I’m not a big fan of horror movies, but I was at a sleepover and we decided to watch this one. If you are like me and you don’t like scary movies, THIS IS NOT THE ONE FOR YOU. Not that it was scary... it was just really gross. (SPOILER ALERT) The movie suddenly goes from a cute little boy waving goodbye to his daddy straight to a bloody, cracked head with the brain clearly visible! If you have ever read The Monkey’s Paw by WW Jacobs, this movie is quite similar. Overall... don’t watch it if you can’t handle bloody gore and disturbing images.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMglass818 January 17, 2019

Great movie

Great movie! It has a little gore and lots of violence. There was some language, but not enough to cause a bad review.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJ.C. Aldridge January 5, 2019

Rated 15 (strong bloody violence, injury detail, threat, suicide scene).

SEX/NUDITY - Some very mild sex references and brief nudity. VIOLENCE/GORE - Some scenes of strong bloody violence including killings where a scalpel is used to stab and slash people. A child is hit by a truck, although this happens off-screen. There is some strong bloody injury detail and gory images as a man's brain is exposed after he has been hit by a truck. There is a scene of suicide where a woman decides to hang herself. PROFANITY - Infrequent strong language ("f*ck"), and some milder terms ("ass"). DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - Some alcohol consumption and smoking is shown. THREAT/HORROR - Strong threat, including some psychological horror, is present throughout, including reanimated corpses and pets trying to kill and torment the living.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMaddy7X December 30, 2018

Great but not for younger children

This was an amazing movie when I watched it now. But I first watched it when I was 10 and I had nightmares for a few days! But otherwise it was amazing. SPOILER ALERT: when I was younger it scared me when the baby took a bite out of the guys neck

Teen, 13 years old Written byAislynDiane November 24, 2018

Scary gore-filled movie not good for children and young teens.

'Pet Sematary' is a scary, gory movie not suitable for children and young teens. Scenes include a child getting hit by a truck, a cat dying and coming back to life bloody and mean, people burning alive, a man's throat getting slit, and a man making out with a bloody, oozing corpse. Though it is a very good Stephen King adaptation, it is too scary for most, and should only be watched by older teens and adults. This movie has little to no positive messages or role models, and it is basically a gorefest.

Teen, 13 years old Written bypandabry October 12, 2018

the best

its so good. it has swearing but 13 and up should be allowed to watch it

Teen, 13 years old Written bySematary March 12, 2018

Stephen King's most faithful adaptation... for better or worse.

I read the novel version first, being the dedicated 'book-first' person I am, and wasn't too scared by it. It was disturbing, it was horrific, but only at the time. It didn't cost me any sleep, but it did freak me out a bit.
The film, however, was far more disturbing. The first half hour is somewhat slow, though it does do a good job building up the tension without making any actual horror. However, once the film gets to about 40 minutes, the horror goes from 1 to 100 quick.
In one of the most disturbingly realistic scenes, a woman commits suicide onscreen, and this scene actually forced me to shut off the film my first viewing.
The rest of the film is typical slasher fluff, yet the effects are quite capable for 1983.
A great Stephen King film, if not exactly original.
Kid, 11 years old January 15, 2018

Common sense got it wrong!

F**k is also used as well as s**t, b***and damn. A woman is shown hanging herself in the basement of the main character and leaves a note pinned to herself explaining how she has cancer. All in all an amazing movie but not for the faint of heart. P.S. don’t watch with dinner!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written bymarvelfreak January 2, 2018

A Dissapointing horror movie with a terrible ending.

This film is somewhat entertaining but is not well made and has a very horrible ending.