Parent reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest Poster Image

I think 12 or 13 is too low.

This movie has some pretty scary scenes in it. I may just be over sensitized because I was exposed to a lot of media too early while I was too young.

2 people found this helpful.

Why is this the scariest in the franchise?

Dis movie scary

1 person found this helpful.

Only good because of Jack Sparrow.

Ok so I've seen these movies when I was 16 and didn't mind them, the first one, The Curse of the Black Pearl will forever be the best out of the series, but this one wasn't too bad, I'd recommend it for kids ages 14/15 and up because there are parts that even disturbed me, Davy Joens and his crew are cursed to be fish people who are violent and vile, they don't care about others lives and will kill whoever they want whenever they want, so basically like every villian in movie history, this movie does show a lot more violence, one of the main characters are whipped for a crime he didn't commit, other characters are violently killed or injured, one of the characters whares a necklace of severed toes and he chose on one of the toenails, tones of action and suspense like usual, I personally didn't find this movie the best but it certainly passed the vibe check, Jack Sparrow returns again as hilarious and absolutely amazing as ever, so if you are looking for a movie with humour, intensity, suspense, action packed and los of Jack Sparrow, then these movies are the ones for you.

1 person found this helpful.

Fun (for mid-teens+)

As an Pirates of the Caribbean movie, there is a lot of violence - sword fighting, shooting (both hand held guns and those on the ships) as well as some physical violence (slapping etc). Throughout the movie there is some sexual innuendo, particularly in one character saying he can marry them and another approaching a man as with lustful looks, as well as the mention of a woman being around and possibly naked (NO NUDITY). Some of the characters on one of the ships may be disturbing to watch from younger audiences - and they do slit people's throats (though most is not seen). Otherwise, quirky lines from characters, with the infamous "I've got a jar of dirt" - loved this movie.

Disgusting

Let me explain. I'm 18 and I found Davy Jones absolutely revolting. I mean, the effect definitely did their job, but maybe a little too well. Anyways, besides that, the movie is great. It had a good plot, it was plenty funny, and the acting was great too. Fans of the first movie are going to like this one just as much. I would definitely recommend this movie! However, be careful when watching it with younger kids. They might find Davy and his crew to be nightmare-inducing.

Action packed for teens and adults

Fun with lots of scary creatures/cruel pirates. Not meant for kids. Davy Jones' crew are nightmare inducing and there are many battles. The kraken (enormous cephalopod) is very destructive and eats many people. Entertaining film.

We like this one.

This is my son's (9 years old) favorite of the POTC movies although there are parts of it he's never seen. There is one particularly gruesome prison scene in the beginning that I skip. And a couple parts where Davy Jones' crew kills captured crew by slitting their throats and throwing them overboard. It's not gruesome (no blood and the camera strategically cuts away. But I felt even an implied throat cutting was too much. It's hard to say when exactly I'll let him see it in it's entirety. I gave it an 11+ rating.

awesome villains!