Kid reviews for Point Break

"Point"-less remake -- and don't try this stuff at home!

Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics January 11, 2016

Cool stunts- bad plot

The only reason that I enjoyed this movie was because it was cool to see all of the stunts and action on the big screen at the movie theater. The plot is not good, and a lot of stuff is lacking in the main character's development. He refuses to go after the 'bad guys' one minute, and the next he's chasing them up a waterfall with no climbing harness or anything. It does not make you sympathize with the main character at all, even though you are supposed to. But I went to see the action and stunts, and that was pretty cool. They did snowboarding down these huge mountains and climbed (and then jumped off of) a giant waterfall. There are also cool motorcycle and surfing stunts. But if you are not interested in this, don't see it. And don't expect a good plot or any good characters (they do all seem like bad guys except the FBI agent who meet the main character, and he doesn't do anything). Amazing scenes and action though, worth seeing at the movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhbrau13 March 17, 2016
Kid, 9 years old April 5, 2016

Awful, dumb, boring thriller is very violent, but bloodless and non-graphic.

My rating:PG-13 for violence throughout, and some sexuality.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBEN_HOWELLS_ February 12, 2016

Great film but quite violent

Parents need to know that point break involves some extreme sports injuries as the criminals try to pull off really dangerous stunts. There are few brutal fistfights but some may need to be explained to younger viewers. There is very little sex but there is a brief sex scene with little movement and mostly just still shots of them on the floor. Though the main criminals do have bad intentions they are eco-warriors and belive in giving the world back what they take so they can be good role-models as they try to complete something started by a man who gives off great messages.

Teen, 15 years old Written byPipeCine February 21, 2016

" Feel The Gravity "

In the summer of 1991 when we saw to reach movie theaters an irrational but refined, surprising and addictive action thriller that challenge gravity, we knew that we would have a 123 minutes runtime project full of beautiful sequences of action but with an argument too empty. How wouldn't it be exciting to see Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze acting against good and evil at the same time? Infiltrate a band with eccentric masks and exposure to thousands of dangers? Now, then, Why do a remake which did not have any impact? Surely it is because we are in the Decade of remakes to revive old films and turn them into masterpieces of genre (Mad Max: Fury Road) as perhaps all this was not the case. The new version had the opportunity to change this bitter taste that left the first and in order of quality, obviously achievement it. The film had two choices, let yourself go by the absurdity of the original and pass without rhyme or give us a good project with a delicate picture and keep in a new line of action and adventure. Ericson Core opted to mix all the above mentioned, reducing that bitter taste that left the delivery number one. A risky man Johnny Utah (Luke Bracey) full of strong tattoos and a powerful look comes (no reason, or if a reason is to be youtuber) the FBI to dismantle a group of apparent thieves that affect the entity. After his operation, meets the man leader Bodhi (Edgar Ramirez) a Monsieur Hood of the topicality. What new is see in a 3D aesthetic a motocross race, a beautiful caused collapse, a spectacular flight and each of the 8 extreme challenges that truly are presented in a majestic way. Bracey or Reeves? Australian decided give it a touch more staff to Utah and its similarity to Utah is very unreasonable. Ramirez actually feels the character and dazzles us with his team at their extreme tests. Palmer is inconstant and is not permanent in her performance, ending in a way too cliché. Point Break's powerful emotions believe achieve fill a small argument with intense and dizzying risky scenes, that are aesthetically eye-popping, a white of snow in the mountains or a vehement sequence in Venezuela (seriously, almost vomiting, for the dangerous and influential images) or with the participation of personalities such as 'Teresa Palmer' or 'Steve Aoki' himself. Action events are never lost and they gain the continuity necessary to impact the audience easy. These are points of beginning for future projects within the type. The game Bracey - Ramirez is late and too reckless. Utah occasionally is congruent but is Bodhi who actually with his dystopian attitude and lack of character manages to establish the relationship. "Point Break" enters this time perfectly, with interests and political issues that strike with what will happen soon. in the film they reminded it again and again "Isn't it beautiful?", more and more insistent. It is magnificent and is entertaining but directly not precise and briefly makes us imagine that we are back in the thriller in 1991.