All parent member reviews for Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin

Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byluckyl8dybug February 11, 2011

BEWARE this is SCARY

My son is 2.5 years old. Before viewing I checked this site's review and info. The only warning given was that there is one scene that is a big shadow and it becomes Christopher Robin. This is an under statement. There are MANY scenes with skulls and shadows/trees/mountains that have scary faces. I am disappointed that there was not more in the review about it. So just be warned. It is far scarier for the little ones than this site claims.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byMr. Boxbox April 9, 2008

the best poohbear film ever

poohs grand adventure is much darker than any other pooh film and contains many scary images and a dark and somewhat depressing theme. i first watched this when i was 3 and loved it even though it was scary (or because it was scary). it was my fav film until i turned 7 or 8. it is a wonderful film but should be PG for its dark theme and scary images and moments. 5/5
Adult Written by2kiddos April 9, 2008

May be scary

This is the ONLY Pooh movie that my kids have banished to the garage. My daughter, who first watched it when she is 4 (now 6) still does not want to see it and warns her now 4 y.o. brother against it. There is a spooky tree and worries of being lost and alone. Be careful for sensitive children.
Adult Written bysubiemama April 9, 2008

too scary

my four-year-old is a bit sensitive, but my friend's five-year-old thought this was too scary as well. I kept having to say, "everything will end up ok".
Adult Written bynduns November 29, 2012

I'm just gonna say it: this is my second-favorite Pooh movie of all time

With the new one and the original Walt Disney short collab tied for first, this one has always been my second-favorite. I understand why people slam this one: yes, this is the only Pooh movie that is intentionally trying to scare children. That is an understandable thing to complain about when you consider just how innocent the rest of the series is. Strangely enough, though, that's why I love this one so much. It's like Disney knew some teens/adults were unfairly labeling a series with so much universal appeal as kiddy and decided to give it a little bit of an edge without trying too hard like Rare did with Conker's Bad Fur Day. (Not to say I didn't enjoy that game, but looking back, some of their decisions did seem rather desperate) As far as dark imagery goes, though, it's not the worst you can show your kids. It's still pretty tame and, hey, at least the Skullosaurus isn't revealed to be a real thing. (Though the Backson was... maybe it does exist elsewhere) The animations are really good for a direct-to-video release and the songs are honestly the best I have ever heard from a Pooh film. There are also great lessons, as is expected from Pooh, and their delivered very strongly. My only real complaint that prevents this from being perfect in my eyes is that admittedly, the idea behind this does seem out of place, oh, and the ending always angers me... I know Pooh is the kind of series to pull this stuff, but seriously, that was just a HUGE cop-out!
Parent Written byCecilia927 April 7, 2009

Adult Written byoliviap April 9, 2008

Cute

I love Winnie the Pooh and loving sitting with my children toshare the adventures of Winnie & his friends.