Parent reviews for Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping Poster Image

It was an awesome movie! I would recommend watching it through before letting your kids watch it, there is some brief nudity, it shows a woman's B**bs and a mans p*n*s, and there is also a scene where they smoke weed. Besides that stuff, it's pretty appropriate besides some swearing. Andy Samberg plays a hilarious role, I definitely recommend it for Brooklyn Nine-Nine fans!

So much potential...

Lonely Island for 90 minutes. This film has a lot of promise and has some great bits and even better musicians lending their sense of humor and screen time for this film. But there always seems to be an underlying homophobic moment which is unfortunate. It also just doesn't seem to have enough glue to carry it all the way through. But it is one hell of a sophomoric ride.

Hilarious Mockumentary has Crass Language & some Explicit content

Popstar is a good movie, and has some funny moments & some lewd, explicit content, but it's heart is in the right place. It's an Underrated movie.

Absolutely hilarious!

Great movie, it's a spoof of your average, run-of-the-mill boy band going on tour and documenting it all. Andy Samberg plays Connor, a member of the made-up 90s band, "The Style Boyz" and ends up going on a solo tour. The movie has numerous snl cameos (bill hader, justin timberlake, maya rudolph, and so on), and the humour is similar to snl skits as well. There is a scene where a guy exposes his genitals through a car window, but that's about it in terms of nudity, as far as I can remember, however, the lyrics of the songs that are performed are rather iffy for young ones but nonetheless funny. I'd definitely recommend this movie for teens and up, but not younger!

Popstar is well done and funny

Popstar is surprisingly fairly mild for an R rated film. The main issue is full frontal male nudity and female nudity. There is another scene with a fully nude man, but you don't see anything graphic. There are some sexual references and stronger language, but it isn't too frequent. There is drinking and drug use as well. The film is very funny and well put together. It is very similar to Spinal Tap. I actually preferred this. I just thought it was well done. I highly recommend it to mature teens and up. It isn't frequently inappropriate, but it definitely has its moments.