Kid reviews for Predator

Predator Poster Image

it was a great film, at parts there had some gore. other than that a great film.
1 person found this helpful.

A great Arnold action movie.

This is an excellent movie, and it was actually my introduction to his work. There is violence, but it’s not as violent as most of Arnold’s other R rated movies. There is swearing, but it’s not too bad. The violence should be of more concern. Your typical R rated swearing. Also has some pretty tense moments, so be wary of those if you scare easily. The action is great, the thrills are great, and this is a great way to get in to Arnold movies. I’d say probably okay for 12 and up.

Thrilling Horror Suspense Movie is a great classic of Arnold's

Dutch and a team of commandos have been sent into a Central American jungle to track down some missing airmen that were kidnapped by terrorists. By the time they get to the camp, the airmen have been butchered in a very violent fashion and the commandos retaliate on the terrorists' camp. After that's over, they wait for a helicopter to pick them up, but something strange begins to happen in the woods. It isn't long before the commandos start getting killed off and Dutch and a girl from the camp, Anna, are the only people left and fighting for their lives. But what they discover is too shocking for them to imagine. What's been killing them is the Predator, an alien that hunts rare species and make his trophies out of their skulls. And human beings are the new species he has discovered.

Recommend watching

It was a good movie my dad put it in for me 12 and my brother 9. It’s definitely not scary but if your kids were not raised around a lot of cursing I would say 11+. Other wise i would definitely recommend for a family movie night.

Depthless; Brawny; Iconic.

A classic that still holds up

This film is great and has aged really well. Its fun and knows when to use humour without disrupting flow or tone. It’s really not that violent; I’m 13 and don’t watch too many “violent” films but this really had no effect on me whatsoever. I guess I could see some people being “disturbed” by stuff here like skinned humans but even that scene isn’t as violent as it sounds, just some red puppets which look a bit dated to be honest (like the mannequin out of Jaws). It’s one of those films which have one or two kinda gory scenes but they aren’t that bad. Really it’s mostly just blood which I think most people of around like 11 or 12 up are equipped to deal with. Language is bad but I have a hard time believing most kids of the suggested age group would be affected by it or offended or anything. Watch it it’s just good and really fun and there’s not too much else to say other than that. In my opinion its title of the best in the franchise has been stolen by Prey but oh well.

Amazing action movie

when I first watched this, I was twelve and since it has been one of my favorite action movies. I disagree with the "expert" who reviewed this as they missed the forest for the trees, this movie isn't about violence, it is about a group of individuals who thought they knew everything about their craft facing off against an unknown foe, this movie isn't Rambo 2, it's the Jaws of the 80's.

A Classic 80’s Film, Must-See for Teens

Get to the choppa to see this movie right now! You may be a kid growing up in a different generation, but this is a must-see for every teen. Predator may just be the pinnacle of Sci-Fi/Horror. With a great cast, solid acting, and so much action, everything you’d want from these types of movies. However, the special effects are a little outdated and can make the film quite goofy sometimes, but other than that, it’s a fun ride. Sure it’s blood and swearing galore, but it also provides a fun and action-packed story. If you’re not into old films or films with a lot of violence, then I wouldn’t recommend this. But if you are, then totally watch this. One of the best 80’s films I’ve ever seen: 9/10 stars.

More corny than gory.

Man oh man. Arnold at his prime time; the 80’s. This movie is an amazing masterpiece of cinematography. Yes it has its gory moments, but who gives a damn! It’s 80s gore! It’s very fake ( probably why my parents let me whatch it)