Kid reviews for Predator

Arnold vs. alien action is violent, ultra macho.

Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2019

great movie!!!

this is a great first rated R movie to watch with your kids. also a classic Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. my only concerns were that there were a couple not needed sex jokes but other than that its's good.

Teen, 13 years old Written byKnightRyder10 October 22, 2019

One of the best 1980's movies I have seen!

Great thriller movie! There is a lot of swearing, so a lot of maturity is recommended to watch this. There is a bit of smoking/chewing tobacco Besides that, it's a really great movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAGK January 22, 2019

Awesome Sci-Fi Horror Movie but with bad language

This movie has lots of action and was very entertaining, but has 20 F-Words and a few A-words, S-words, P-words, and an N-word. Very entertaining, but lots of language, gore, and two sex jokes. Love it!

Teen, 14 years old Written byOnroemay July 25, 2020
Lots of violence, skinned corpses, but overall a good movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byextrahotpizza July 22, 2020

My favourite action film to this day!

Predator is a brilliant film with great role models and gore to the extreme. If you are looking for something with great dialogue and overall an AWASOME plot. Then this is for you.

Violence: 8/10- Around a hundred men are shot and blown up at 30 minutes in but other than that they are all pretty gruesome kills. Men are skinned alive off screen but their bodies are still shown. Another man is slashed through the gut and when the team look for him they only find his intestines. A man gets a huge part of his chest blown out by a missile. Another gets his head blown of by a lazar. Someones arm is ripped off. A mans SPINE IS RIPPED OUT! And an Alien is blown up at the end.

Kid, 11 years old July 16, 2020

BEST MOVIE EVER!

This movie is one of my favorite movies! It is violent though kids 14 and up can probably handle it. MUST WATCH FOR EVERYONE! Does contain a lot of swearing.

Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2020

Predator Review

Predator is a 1987 classic featuring Kevin Peter Hall opposite ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER as a killer alien, picking off Arnie's military team in Guatemala.
This film has quite a bit of swearing, including f**k and p**sy sometimes involved in crude jokes, (Which is the only sexual content in the film, BTW; Plus, the pervert who told those jokes got his body hung from a tree.) but a mature kid could handle this. It only made me feel slightly uneasy.
Then there's the violence. This is a very violent film, with arms and head blown off, tons of gun voilence, skinned bodies, guts on the ground, and a spine ripped out (from a distance, and it looks cartoonish); but the special effects are very dated and aren't very scary.
Then drinking, drugs, and smoking. Schwarzenegger smokes and I think a few guys might've talked about beer. That's basically it for that "area."
Then of course terror. When the titular monster (SPOILERS!) takes off its mask at the end of the film, it's face is really ugly and kind of unsettling. Also, the Predator mimics human speech kind of like a parrot, and (ALSO SPOILERS!) cackles uncontrollably like a witch at the end of the film, after setting off it's self destruct (When Arnie drops a log on it, it starts dying, and trys to take Arnie with him).
Schwarzenegger barely makes it out of the jungle alive, but when he does, it is a triumphant, positive moment.
It is a decent film and you should watch it if you are comfortable with these things.

Teen, 16 years old Written bySeby565 July 8, 2020

Arnold's best film!

Extremely good, a lot of swears, violent and horror but Arnold as dutch is the best film he has done!

Teen, 15 years old Written byDanbail613 July 5, 2020

For a scarier movie, this Schwarzenegger flick is a good starter.

First of all, I hope that while you’re reading this review, your first assumption is that I’m into horror movies. Because, that is false. And, my dad edited this movie so there wouldn’t be a bunch of grotesque crap in my head. Also, like Aliens, the next review I will do, this is more of a sci-fi action movie than a horror movie.

So, the movie starts out with Dutch (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and his crew fighting with their guerrilla enemies. But, they don’t realize that the Predator is invisibly attacking them. However, he obviously becomes visible later. And, I thought that his technology and his infrared vision was interesting. I even liked the blue blaster the Predator shot.

Some of my favorite scenes in the movie include the beginning fight scene where Arnold throws a bomb in the back of the truck and the crew shooting their guerrilla enemies. For an 80s movie that some might argue didn’t hold up very well, I disagree because of the realistic special effects. One of the most brilliant scenes was when the Predator was coming out of the water, and you can see his technology almost disabling.
There’s another fun scene where Arnold’s character has mud on him, like Rambo, and he’s in the tree shooting a bow and arrow at the Predator. But my favorite scene is probably when the Predator takes his mask off, and Arnold says “You’re one ugly mother......”. Then, the two of them get into a brutal fight. (Spoiler alert!!: I also liked the scene at the end where the Predator refused to let Arnold win, so he turned on his self-destruct device, and says “Wa-ha-ha-ha!”) This movie is also like a mix between “Aliens”, because of the alien invasion, and “Rambo”, because of the wars they’re fighting in the jungle.

As far the acting performances go, I thought that everyone did very well. But the standout performance would be Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is one of my favorite actors, and he always does well. In fact, he was part of the reason, why I watched and enjoyed the movie. He does a good job playing the leader of a team of warriors. He’s also great at cheesy one-liners. His cheesy one-liners include when he throws a knife at one of his enemies, making him stick to the wall, Arnold says “Stick around”. Other ones include “Knock knock”, “Get to the chopper”, and the mega-famous line I mentioned earlier when the Predator takes his mask off.
Carl Weathers, who also plays Apollo Creed in Rocky and Chubbs Peterson in Happy Gilmore, also does a solid job. However, he does accidentally almost cause trouble by rustling the leaves when the warriors were trying to avoid their enemies.

Now, the parents guide begins:
Violence: There is definitely some gore in this movie. But believe it or not, it requires less editing than Aliens. The two scenes that parents must edit involve corpses hanging from trees. The first scene is almost 15 minutes into the movie when a character opens the leaves, and you see bloody, skinned corpses hanging from the trees. The other scene to edit, is at about 46 minutes into the movie, where the view slowly moves up to a tree, and you see one corpse hanging from the tree, which is less bloody but you need to skip it. It lasts about 20 seconds. Some other scenes, that aren’t excessively graphic, include when a character gets his spine ripped out, as evidenced when the Predator throws it from the tree. Another scene happens where the Predator shoots a man’s arm off, and you can see his severed arm still blasting the gun. Afterwards, he gets stabbed, which isn’t bloody at all. Another scene happens where the Predator has its laser targeted at a man’s head, and you can see some blood spill when his head gets blasted off. But, that scene isn’t terribly graphic. Another scene happens where you see juicy guts on the ground, but the man isn’t shown, because the Predator killed him invisibly. However, while these scenes are bloody, they aren’t too disturbing for older teens since the special effects were older. Young kids might find the Predator, without his mask on, creepy-looking. But I think his face looks like a jumbo-sized tarantula. He is definitely ugly.
Sex: None, except for one reference to a “sexual tyrannosaurus”, and another thing that I will mention in the language section.
Language: The f-bomb is used at least 15 times. Other words include the “G.D.” word, the “s” word, and the “a” word. The thing I was about to mention in the sex section of this parents guide, is that the character says the “p” word, which formerly meant a cat, 3 times in the sexual context.
Substance Abuse: None.

Anyways, I enjoyed this movie thoroughly. And for older teenagers, this is a great start to scarier movies. However, I don’t recommend it to anyone under the age of 15. But I do recommend it to people who like stories about alien invasions.

Kid, 9 years old May 22, 2020

Extreme violence, gore and swearing

Kid, 8 years old May 6, 2020

Its a good movie

The movie is a very good movie but it did have a scene that has skinned people in a tree but it looks very fake.it also a bit to much swearing

Kid, 11 years old April 12, 2020

One of my favorite 80s action movies

A really great movie. May be a little to violent for some.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypeopleparlor April 4, 2020

Predator is a great movie

Predator is the perfect movie to go watch with your friends at a sleep over, along with Alien. Predator offers funny characters and cool action sequences that really piece this movie together. Thumbs Up!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDutch rehm February 8, 2020

Good for most kids over the age of 11

Best movie ever has some cheesy 80s bloody scenes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour Friendly N... October 19, 2019

Great Classic Action Flick

Predator is a great movie to watch with mature pre-teens. There are definitely words you wouldn't want your kids repeating, there is smoking, a few sex jokes in the beginning, and heavy violence throughout. This movie was made in the 80's, so the graphics and gore are not realistic enough to scare kids. I enjoyed watching this movie and think it is a must - see for young sci-fi and Arnold Schwarzenegger fans.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMorgz mum October 13, 2019

Fine

Good movie to much language

Teen, 15 years old Written byGrizzles June 30, 2019

Bit of a weird film with graphic violence, definitely entertaining though!

Intense, potentially frightening and weird just because of the entire setting. The worst bits of violence and gore are images of skinned bodies which are hung upside down on trees. The violence depicts blood spurts but it's tolerable for most. There is strong language but it's not that frequent. Perhaps a few sex references, nothing serious though. Give it a go!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviefanatic040 June 12, 2019

Arnold fights alien in cheesy, yet enjoyable sci fi/horror.

Predator is a sci fi film with a couple of horror aspects. While this film is very bloody, the blood seems very fake and corny. This is a fun film and I can see why it’s a classic, but get ready for lots of blood and f bombs along the way. I recommend this film to fans of sci fi and Alien movies, as long as your good with some blood and gore. Enjoy Predator!

Teen, 14 years old Written byExiled Universe June 4, 2019

A decent jungle adventure for its time

Honestly, before i was going to watch this movie, i thought that it was going to be gory, cool, scary, and badass. It succeeded but poorly. I mean 1987, its not that modern so you and i shouldn't really expect anything groundbreaking, but it does have Arnold Schwarzenegger in it and he was the king of the 80's especially with the terminator and other good movies from around that time that included him in it. The thing that disappointed me is that the predator barely shows up. Im guessing they did that because of budget purposes, they were planning on sequels ahead of time so they wanted to save him for them, or they just simply wanted to keep him ominous. The CGI when the alien turns invisible it looks bad at some times but over all its good. When the predator shows up it is ok and something that i had expected. Most of the movie is the same old thing, soldiers wandering in a forest over and over and it gets VERY boring to the point where i fell asleep a few times. But if you've never seen this before just give it one watch. But i just cant give this film anything under a 7. That would just be mean to Arny.

Teen, 16 years old Written bysupervad337 April 19, 2019

not to bad but hold back on the gore!

make sure you have a parent with you. its not a scary you will always know were the Predator is but the gore is a bit much. its a good movie i'll say its better then Aliens but a real judge would know. well thats all for my review and thank you for reading