Parent reviews for Priceless

Priceless Poster Image

This “weak faith-based” movie was one of the best movies i’ve watched with my family

I think this is a great movie. It doesn’t cover up the truth about sex trafficking and provides a good opportunity to talk to our teens about the reality and danger of sex trafficking. I’m disappointed with the common sense reviews. They give better ratings to movies with graphic violence, cursing & sex. Overall, I highly recommend this movie.

Should have been rated R

Right off the bat this is a great movie with a great message. The story is strong and surprisingly well acted considering the relative inexperience of some of the cast. Characters are relatable and show great courage and compassion particular the depiction of James willing to do anything for the girl he loves. If I have one complaint it is that it feel too short and as if they did not explore enough of events in sufficient detail. There is a book version (also by Joel Smallbone) which I just finished, and in my opinion it is far better than the movie providing much more detail and vivid character development. However it is also grittier and less family friendly than the movie is trimmed down to be. I give it four stars for the story and characters but I think this one would be better if it were targeted more to adults and had more impact with an R rating.

Amazing!

This is an amazing film with a brilliant and intense story. My bro Joel Smallbone is the best actor in the world (in my opinion). there are some scenes that imply sex and at there is a scene where a guy asks a woman for sex. Go to www.pricelessmovement.com to continue what Joel started in the film.

Educational

The best weapon against evil is education. The Word. Awareness.

Priceless Perfection!

When this movie came out it was not shown in my city. I just bought the DVD. In my opinion, the message is one that needs to be spread everywhere. This movie deals with very serious issues, and put across in a very delicate way. I love the song Priceless and heard it countless times before I had even seen the movie. I thank the Smallbone Brothers for the production of this excellent film. I recommend it.

Surprisingly good and timely film

I went into this movie with low expectations, thinking it would either be poorly acted, generally cheesy, or hysterical regarding its subject matter: sex trafficking. Instead, I found a well-made film full of good performances, handling a difficult subject with sensitivity. The story follows James, a widower who has just lost custody of his little girl and who is desperate enough for money that he will agree to drive a locked truck across the country, no questions asked. When his curiosity is too much for him, he unlocks the truck to discover two young girls from Mexico who believe they are going to work as waitresses to pay off their father's debts. James really should smell a rat, but instead he delivers them to their destination, only beginning to feel uneasy after meeting their obviously sleazy new "employers." The sisters have, of course, been trafficked into a life of forced prostitution. The film handles their predicament with care, showing the heartbreaking love of an older sister as she tries to protect her younger sister from being assaulted, but without going into R-rated detail. This portion of the film will provoke much-needed conversation: it will help parents raise awareness in their children about what kind of situations to avoid, and exposes the ways in which traffickers are able to operate without raising red flags in communities – even operating out of peaceful neighborhoods and harmless looking "massage parlors." The filmmakers are also clearly trying to encourage men to be aware of the darker side of prostitution, as well as the difference a single person can make when confronted with evil. James becomes an unlikely hero, finding himself unable to walk away from the sisters he unwittingly trafficked. Without becoming preachy, the film also emphasizes a message of redemption and of not being defined by the traumas one has suffered. While young children will find the overall theme and several scenes of mild violence too intense, teenagers would benefit from watching this movie. It raises awareness about one of the greatest human rights crises of our day, trafficking, without resorting to blatant displays of violence.