Kid reviews for Pride & Prejudice

Pride & Prejudice Poster Image

A bit blah but pretty good.

A pretty, easy story about love. Little conflict, and somewhat predictable, but overall a decent movie. Darcy is a dry, 'tortured soul,' 'woe is me' sort of character, who mostly looks like someone interrupted his suicide to drag him to a party. Nontheless, the movie works and the acting is wonderful.
1 person found this helpful.

Fantastic film is appropriate for all ages

This is a fantastic movie with an excellent acting job done by Kiera Knightly. It's appropriate but younger children may not understand the plot very well. Anyone into Regency era movies will love this. It is very entertaining and has beautiful scenery.

So beautiful, wonderful love story

This movie is beautiful. An appropriate and deep story. (I have not seen the alternate ending but the original is totally clean- just note there is one scene where the word 'intercourse' is accidentally said) The old-fashioned language would be hard for younger audiences to understand. Also, the scenery and music are amazing! A definite must watch.....

Not Worth Your Time...

Pride and Prejudice is my favorite book of all time, abd this movie was such a letdown. The actors, who I've seen (and loved) in other movies completely miss the point of the characters. Lizzy is nothing like she is in the book, and Darcy is much, much worse. He wasn't proud, he was just... A moody teenager? I don't know how to phrase it, but he just wasn't Darcy. Aside from this, Pride and Prejudice is too long and complex to squash into a movie, which is why a lot of themes and scenes are shortened, missed or rearranged. To be honest, it just felt very Hollywoody and fake. There's nothing terribly inappropriate though, if that's what you're worried about. There are a few iffy moments. I'll just add that I've read P&P about fourteen times and watched the miniseries the BC did a few times as well and I'm moved and excited again and again despite the fact that I can recite entire pages from memory. This movie didn't do anything to me. Nothing. And the costumes were bad.

One of my go-to comfort movies!

Such good acting! If you're looking for a comfort movie, this is a perfect one. Few kisses and no violence or language. Perfect for families but also good to watch alone with hot chocolate!

AMAZING

I love this movie so much its a beautiful adaptation of Jane Austens novel. This if fine for children no violence or sex!

not my cup of tea.

I didn't really like this movie but my mom did. I just feel like there wasn't much happing. Good for some people just not for me.

Great movie

I said 7+ but I'd say wait until 11+ if you want them to understand. It has nothing bad at all, really, it is just about a love story in 19th century england. It is easier to understand than the book, so younger audiences might find it interesting. I think the dialogue and filming in the movie is top-notch. A lot of the scenes have beautiful settings, like in a field of flowers, or on the side of a rainy building. It is in amazing movie in my opinion

Wonderful movie!

TLDR at bottom I love this movie!!! The writing is well done and it is a wonderful adaptation of the novel. There are a few points that I will touch on, though. First of all, the movie is a period piece. The Victorian way of speaking may be hard for younger audiences to understand. I think 12+ will be able to watch this and still understand the whole story. Next, the acting wasn't phenomenal. I think this is mostly the fact that it is hard for people today to understand how to speak the way people did 200 years ago. Throughout most of the movie, it feels like the actors, especially the more minor ones, are just delivering a line rather than becoming a character. It isn't too bad, and it doesn't affect the quality of the movie that much. Another thing, which didn't bother me, but it may bother some other viewers: gender roles are accurate to what they were the time the novel was written. They didn't modernize it for today's society. I like this because it feels like it still reflects the book, and it is a true period piece. Some examples are that brides' families pay dowries, and that some characters, male and female, discuss that an accomplished woman is one who can play piano, understand music, and draw. One last thing, which I feel doesn't really add to the movie at all, is that there are some nude statues and paintings. This is easy to ignore, but I feel it was unnecessary. Other than that, it is a beautiful story that embraces flaws and struggles in order to embody what it means to be a person. There are good family values, morals, and making up for one's mistakes. TLDR; Wonderful adaptation of Jane Austen novel. Victorian manner of speaking may be hard for younger viewers to understand.