All teen and kid member reviews for Prometheus

Teen, 13 years old Written by295898 June 9, 2012

AWESOME! 10 year olds and up

This movie is way appropriate. 10 and up year olds would love it. violence seems pretty bad, but it really isn't. the only part where i was shaky was the f%*k word, but my parents use it all the time, nothing i haven"t heard before.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGagafan1352 April 5, 2013

Pretty Good

This movie may offend some people because it deals with the concept of finding "who made us". Other than that, it is a very clever movie with a great cast and, hopefully, a sequel!
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2012

Prometheus

This was an amazing movie. I went to the 3D midnight and was thoroughly impressed. The 3D really added to the map scenes. This wasn't really scary or gory, but is more of an awe movie. The few scary parts there were were really creepy in the means of violence, but there was little blood. You saw the start of a sex scene and I'm not going to say the other mentionable thing because it's a spoiler. Some strong language, and drinking and smoking are common. Like I said this wasn't really scary, but if you're super squeamish don't see this.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySlendyDaMan March 23, 2016

Entertaining

Some brutal violence. Strong language. Some horror-like scenes and disturbing scenes. If you have a weak stomach, don't watch this movie. One scene is very gory and graphic. Seriously, this movie is NOT for anyone under the age of 15. Two people have sex, no nudity.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAstroPhysics November 22, 2015

Good movie

This movie was really good, but it had a lot of gore in it. and I mean A LOT!!! If you are squeamish, or even if you just don't like things like women graphically getting their stomachs cut open to have abortions and people getting squeezed and slowly dissected, then you will have to close you eyes at certain scenes. I did, and I can handle more blood and gore than most everyone in my class at school. The story is great and Ridley Scott does a phenomenal job, but it's not quite as good as Alien. So the plot and everything is great, the only thing you need to worry about is the constant disgusting parts. I really enjoyed it, apart from those images.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydkasal000 May 26, 2015
Great movie probably would of got a PG-13 rating without one f word but to me the violence was the same as alien vs. predator the first one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMavrah333 January 14, 2015

Eye-candy prequel has impressive moments, amoungst some boring ones.

Prometheus, a prequel to the Alien Quadrilogy, follows a team of scientists on a quest to find the creators of Humanity. It has some really heart pumping moments, and the cast is fantastic. The visuals are some of scott's finest (behind Blade Runner) and there is some interesting philosophy. However, there are plenty of issues. Characters do the stupidest things, despite being scientists, such as take off space helmets on an alien planet, get lost when they're the mappers, or even commit suicide to little benefit of anyone. The pacing is a little slow, but it isn't build up slow like Alien, and I didn't care for many characters. While the story is a flaw, the actors, cinematographers, effects team and sound crew put their all into this movie, and it feels somewhat more realistic than some of the Alien movies (particularly Resurrection). Overall, a good enough prequel, enough so that I'd be interested in the upcoming sequel.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygcamp16 November 7, 2014

Great MOVIE

It was good story if you are a fan of the alien series. An overall creepy and intense movie. A few f-words and other cusre words, at parts it can be very tense and somewhat gross, other than that it should be absolutely fine for anyone 14 and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck August 10, 2014

Good movie, violent.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OF THE ALIEN MOVIES (AT LEAST NOT YET) SO I DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD IT IS COMPARED TO THOSE. Not much humor. Pretty actiony! The story is good. The acting is average. The visual effects are awesomely cheesy. It is very violent and has some gore. Way too scary for little kids. There is a bit of sexual content (including uses of the term getting laid) but no nudity is shown. Some swearing including one F-bomb, b*tch, d*mn and sh*t. Overall, good movie, viewer discretion advised.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjb321678 March 15, 2014

A suspenseful, violent, and thoughtful science fiction movie.

One of the best reviews I have read for Prometheus would be Roger Ebert's review. He awarded the film four out of four stars. Undeniably, that is an excellent score although, a lot of people disagree with his opinion. However, I don't think Mr. Ebert could be more right. Prometheus is an excellent science fiction film that asks heavy questions with wonderful film making. With Ridley Scott returning to the science fiction genre, the audience sees stellar examples of a sci-fi film done right. The story resolves mainly around two scientists who believe they have found a moon which holds the creators of the human species. The films starts up on the ship Prometheus heading it's way toward the mysterious moon. It doesn't take long for the film to introduce us to this moon and many of the mysteries in the movie. Once the scientists arrive to the moon with the company of 15 other crew members, they being to explore an ancient alien structure full of many mysterious artifacts. The scientists are determined to meet these supposed creators and ask some of the most meaningful questions life has to offer. However, what they end up finding could be much worse than they ever imagined. Prometheus sticks with this plot the entire film, and it works. It works well. The story is engaging and thoughtful but never too confusing. It also leaves room for many unanswered question that make a sequel seem a necessity. The special effects and cinematography is excellent and beautiful and the acting is outstanding. The only thing I wish this film had more of, was character development. There are many unfocused characters that could have added to the plot. In terms of family friendliness, this a pretty intense film. While the sexuality and language is proper for a PG-13, it's violence can be pretty disturbing. In once scene a woman has to remove an alien from her stomach with a c- section. This is definitely one of the most intense scenes in the film. While it is not extremely bloody, it is hard to watch and disturbing. There are also quite a few other pretty intense scenes. Imagine watching the original Alien, but in modern day. Like in Alien, the action is gross, bloody, and fierce. Overall, Prometheus is a wonderful sci-fi film that is deep and bold. Although, it's a better pick for older teens and adults.
Teen, 17 years old Written byviiv November 16, 2013

terrifying to say the least.

the fifield scene scared me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovie critic 210 August 24, 2013

Appropriate for 13

There is very little profanity, and the violence is that same that you would see in a PG-13 movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

GOOD

Good film. Lot of people die, people on fire, c sections, aliens bursting out of aliens and huge alien people, might want to watch it first. I thought it was really good though. Loved it when the original appears at the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGummyBearz45 May 16, 2013

Prometheus

Prometheus is a movie directed by Riley Scott. It was released on June 8, 2012. The movie is a very engaging film, Prometheus is interesting and having you sitting on the edge of your seat. “Prometheus” is a traditional alien scientific film but it however stands out from all the alien films. The movie is showing a different perspective of how the human race all began with an alien, now this alien is not a traditional green, bugged eyed alien, these alien are more with human features. The movie takes place in the year of 2089 where archeologists discover a star map in Scotland, they realize the star map matches four unconnected ancient cultures. They believe the maps are showing the planet of the “Engineers” or humanoid aliens. A group of archeologists aboard the scientific vessel “Prometheus” they remain in stasis and awaken and arrive in the year of 2093. They land near an artificial structure they go to explore and hope to finding the “Engineers”. A scientist discovers a chamber with stoned cylinders in a row, in the center is a statue of a humanoid head. They find a decapitate large alien, they soon realize other bodies of the engineers. They come to a conclusion that the Engineers species has gone extinct. Two crew members begin to grow uncomfortable with the dead bodies and return to Prometheus. They however get lost in the artificial structure and get killed by an unknown alien creature.
Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2013

Good prequel to Alien can be confusing

Prometheus is a great film that is interesting and confusing. I would say that you should not look at this as an Alien film, although it is look at it as just a sci fi movie. You will then gain so much more appreciation for it and you will enjoy the film much more. I know this because I was the only one who did this in my family and I was the only one who truly enjoyed it. The movie is not as gory as other modern R horror films, that doesn't mean it isn't gory. The movie is R and it deserves its rating. The one scene that was so gory I couldn't watch was the scene where a woman finds out that she has a alien fetus inside of her, and she gets her stomach cut open in a medical procedure. That part is actually not that gory, all you see is a giant fleshy slit across her stomach. The disgusting part is when she manually rips off the umbilical cord to the alien. An alien gets his stomach ripped open from the inside and his guts spill everywhere. One man on screen gets his arm broken and the bone is seen sticking out of his skin, he then gets choked and a snake goes down his mouth and kills him. There is very suspenseful tone to the movie and there is a couple jump scares. A few men get there heads crush in one extremely gory one the mans face is shown spurting out with blood. An aliens head is blown up. An alien gets set on fire, shot, and run over. A few people get killed by getting slammed on walls. An alien disintegrates extremely graphically. One man gets set on fire and dies. One man gets mutated into a creature when he falls face first into a acidy substance. Three men commit suicide to save the ship, and one woman gets crushed by a giant ship. An android gets his head ripped off but he bleeds a milky substance. There is a lot of talk of sex and there is a sex scene which starts but ends off screen. There is another sex scene off screen completely. F*ck is used once and there is another cut off use. Sh*t, la*d, p*ss, b*gger, b*sterd, b*tch, and D*mn are also used. One character drinks out of stress and anger. Overall this film is great but not as good as Alien. It is not the worst R film out there but it is deserving of its R rating.
Kid, 9 years old April 2, 2013

Rating

Very inapropiate for kids. I think it is a 15+ show.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylostmanlovecraft March 5, 2013

Hello, I'm David

I must say, when I was 12, and heard there was an Alien prequel I was overjoyed. I hate to say it, but Prometheus is much more interesting and exciting than Alien.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWyler15 February 10, 2013

Prometheus

This movie was good regarding special effects and action but the finding the beginning of human life plot was pretty stupid, saying that we were made by aliens? That's kinda stupid. Besides that it was violent but nothing to explict. One use of fu*k and a few other less strong words. A mild sexual situation. If you saw the first alien then you can handle this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovielover2569 January 21, 2013

Prometheus was cool

I loved Prometheus it was so cool. The violence was gory at some parts, but the movies good for teens 15 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviebuff121 December 16, 2012

I loved Prometheus

Prometheus, was an amazing alien movie. It had some nasty parts with gore. It only had 1 F-Bomb.