Kid reviews for Quantum of Solace

Quantum of Solace Poster Image

Craig's 2nd Bond is grittier, angrier than his first.
1 person found this helpful.

Okay movie, but the ratings on here (age wise) are too high.

I watched it when I was 12 and was completely unbothered by the violence and other “mature” things in it. It’s a pretty good movie but its nothing special, Casino Royale is a true masterpiece in comparison (and on the whole). The main problem with this movie is the villain being forgettable and the pacing being noticeably bad but it can get away with its writing problems because of the 2008 writers strike, another problem with this is the editing, its very hit and miss, there’s some wonderfully edited scenes but there are also some scenes that have made some people motion sick (from what I’ve heard) but if you can keep up with that then the action is quite high bar.

Quantum of solace

This is good and you will like it.

Action-packed and underrated, but still definitely not the strongest Bond movie.

First of all, this movie doesn’t deserve the excessive hate it gets. There was plenty of it that was memorable and it was a nice continuation after the events of Casino Royale. And this movie did a better job staying in the story and not numbing my brain with worthless poker competitions. I also thought that the whole revenge plot was very clever and it was a good way to continue his story arc. Despite my opinion, the movie does have some weaknesses. But for right now, let’s describe some of my favorite scenes. The movie literally opens with James Bond driving a car at a high speed with bullets flying at him. That scene was well-filmed and had a nice cartoonish feel to it. I also really enjoyed the whole boat chase sequence. Other memorable sequences for me include where Bond and Camille jump out of the plane and land into a pit, and the intense but silent opera fight. This movie also has an explosive but thrilling final fight. It was a blast to watch Bond running on top of the windows shooting his way in, then fighting the villain with bursting explosions. Probably the most well-made shot is when the villain is ducking while glass is exploding behind him. However, my favorite action sequence would have to be the sequence at the bell tower where Bond ends up with his foot tied upside down reaching for his gun. But like I’ve said, the movie has some flaws. The main flaw with this movie is that the villain, Dominic Greene was sort of a dullard. He wasn’t very strong, and he just didn’t seem like a Bond villain. Also, I later noticed that while he fights Bond, he shrieks a lot! Another major flaw that brings the movie down is that the Bond girl, Camille doesn’t have a lot of personality. This is not helped by the fact that she has hair that looks exactly like Dora the Explorer! The plot can also be slightly weak at times. Now, let the parents guide begin!: Violence: This movie is slightly more violent than the previous one. There is also more frequent action in this movie than there is in the first one. That reason is partly because of the short, but sweet, runtime of the movie. There are explosions galore and there are some shootouts. In the beginning, there is a quite disturbing photograph of a rotten corpse. The hotel fight gets a bit too bloody as soon as Bond crashes the man out of the window. You see blood on the ground while the man is holding his neck. The final fight can be intense as well. Another part of the storyline is that Camille also wants revenge after the general killed her family and tried to rape her. This isn’t shown, but a scene that makes my skin crawl is when the general uses his entire tongue to lick her face as a sexual advance. However, it happens quickly but it’s still makes me cringe to watch it. She also shoves a piece of glass into his leg repeatedly. Sex: No nudity, but a woman’s bare back is shown in a love scene that is skippable. Opening credits also have body shapes of women. Language: Very infrequent but includes use of the “b” word that ends with “d”, the “a” word and other mild profanities. The villain says one crude statement using the “b” word meaning male privates. Substance Abuse: None that I remember. Anyways, it’s not a great movie but it’s a decent action movie. But for the majority of Casino Royale that was fun to watch, it beats Quantum Of Solace. But for 007 fans, I recommend it.

One of Bond's weakest adventures is riddled with violence.

Quantum Of Solace is a 2008 Bond movie directed by Marc Forster and starring Daniel Craig, Olga Kurylenko, Mathieu Amairic, Gemma Arterton, and Judi Dench. Language(2/5): "S**t" is used twice briefly, and other uses of "damn", "piss", "bastard", "a**", "hell", and "chr**t". Sex(3/5): Bond is seen in bed with Fields, and he kisses her bare back, it's implied they had sex. A man is about to rape a woman who is tied up, but Camille stops him, he then tries to lick her for a second before getting punched in the face. Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking(2/5): Lots of social alcohol consumption. Violence(4/5): The beginning involves a long car chase and car crashes. A dead body is shown in a photograph. A man shoots MI6 agents, and Bond chases him, killing him at a construction site. Bond fights a man and throws him into a window where the man dies of his injuries, some blood is shown. A drowned dead body is shown. Bond shoots agents of Green's agency. Bond throws a man off a roof, and one of Green's agents kills him. Two fake police officer's shoot Mathis and Bond after suspecting a kidnapping, and Bond shoots them both. Mathis then dies in Bond's arms. A long plane chase results in an explosion. The ending involves the hotel exploding, lots of gunfire, a crowbar fight between Green and Bond, and Camille shooting a rapist. Green is stranded by Bond and it is revealed he died in the desert. Positive Messages: None. Positive Role Models And Representations: Revenge driven Bond in a world of murderers, greedy tyrants, and rapists. Quality(opinionated): Weaker Bond, with poor writing and attempts to connect it to Casino Royale, monotonous action, a boring villain, and appalling editing. (My rating) PG-13 For sequences of violent action throughout, some suggestive material, and brief language.

no story

this movie has alot of violence people are shot stabbed and drowned the villain is a maniac so teens would like it more.

Great bond film!

Any 14+ year olds should be fine. Violence quite high but great bond movie! Best of Daniel Craigs bond films for sure!

Quantum of solace

Daniel Craig's 2nd Bond outing is better than spectre. Violence Bond knocks a man off the roof of an opera theatre, the man then falls on top of a car. In the pre-title sequence there is a car chase with gun-shooting. Bond breaks into a man's apartment a lot of hand-to-hand combat and some blood is shown. Plenty of gun-shooting, hand-to-hand combat, deaths etc. Language S--t, bloody, bastard, hell, and a-s. Sex A couple of nude ladies in silhouettes are shown in the title sequences. Bond is shown kissing a woman's bare back they obviously just had sex off-screen. Some passionate kissing. Drinking: Some. Consumerism: Less than a usual Bond surprisingly.