Parent reviews for Race to Witch Mountain

Race to Witch Mountain Poster Image

Horrid Special Effects, Ruins Everything Else

The acting is mediocre. The fx are horrid. It's not that good, and The Rock can't fix that.

A bit of a flop but younger kids will like it

The movie was a bit boring. There is a lot of shooting but no one gets shot.

Fun for 8+

Sexist

should be rated PG-13

there was a lot more intense vilont parts then i thought there would be. And in some parts it actually scared me.

PG Rating FRAUDULENT

Do not allow anyone under 12 years old to see this movie that SHOULD have been rated PG-13 AT LEAST for all the excess violence. A great movie for those 12 and older, lots of action and adventure - despite obvious product-placement. I have never let my children watch anything like this before age 12 - but, regretfully, did NOT check the reviews ahead of time. Shame on me for not checking (also trusted Disney, PG, kids movie...) SHAME ON YOU, DISNEY! Shame on those of you letting your young children watch this kind of crap and worse! As an educator, I see first-hand every day the effects of TOO MUCH MEDIA, TOO MUCH VIOLENCE and the OVER-SEXUALIZATION of our children - to the point that NO ONE seems to think ANYTHING IS WRONG! How disgusting...We REAP what we SOW, America!

Give it a break guys, a wholesome if cartoon-violence style film suitable for 6 and up.

Great for kids of all ages (including one of 39yr's old!!)

My Kids Loved it. Youngest (4) found a few scenes a little perilous, but manageable. Very exciting for them as it was almost 'grown' up entertainment (yes I enjoyed it too!) so a good film for everyone to sit down and watch together.

A Movie That Adults Will Also Enjoy

I've read all the reviews and almost universally it seems that younger girls reacted more negatively to the action than did the boys. Parents may want to take that into account. My husband and I watched this with our two sons (9 and 12) and we all thought it was a fun action/thriller. No one was disturbed by the violent content. (For the record, we do not allow Teen games or PG-13 films.) It can be difficult for us to find age-appropriate movies that don't bore the adults to tears. This film was entertaining for all. If your children are more sensitive then definitely check out the original Witch Mountain movies.
I was uncomfortable watching hand to hand fighting and gunfire with my nine year old daughter. Although she seems to love action adventure movies, there was entirely too much violence for 8+.