Kid reviews for Raising Arizona

Hysterically twisted tale has profanity, violence.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBobideybob August 5, 2018

HONEST REVIEWS W/ BOBIDEYBOB

hilarious movie! i loved it. you might be wondering why i put great messages... well (SPOILER) its not really "great" messages, it's more like "good" messages. but in the end of the movie they return the stolen child, because they learn that stealing is bad (also many other things that influenced the decision to return the child).

Teen, 13 years old Written by22DDivine March 13, 2017

Very clever,unique and funny

I thought this film was very different and funny.there is one use of the f word but that's it.I would recommend it to mature tweens and up.
Kid, 12 years old April 19, 2013

raising arizona

Hysterical movie with f-bombs, sex, and some violence

Kid, 9 years old January 29, 2011
Good movie.

Kid, 10 years old February 12, 2019

Good for a lighter les violent coen film.

Alot of big laughs and language some fun action too. This coen brothers film is much less dark and gritty than the others and comes out to being just as good but in a different way. Most people would probably say the laughs where the best part i disagree i thought the action was really fun and kid friendly. Over all the only mature thing was probably language such as sh-t, b--ch, and a f-ck in the begining but really fun and funny.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymothslayer January 22, 2015

My first review!

What a disappointment! This often tops many peoples' "best of" Coen Brothers lists. When I found out we would not disembark our home for our cousins' house until another two hours and realised this film was on Netflix, I couldn't have been happier. A Coen Brothers movie? Yes please For the entire time I spent watching the movie, I felt as if I was forcing myself to watch and enjoy it. It's stupid, incoherent and annoying. When Herbert "Hi/H.I" McDonough (Nicolas Cage), an ex-convict falls in love with with a police officer, Edwina "Ed" McDonough (Holly Hunter), they soon find out they can't have children, so they simply swipe one of the titular Nathan Arizona's (Trey Wilson) quintuplits. Naturally, the plot twists and turns from there. Now, by this stage, I know what you're thinking: "Incoherent? Aren't all Coen films incoherent? Isn''t that the genius of them?" And yes, you're quite right. Take "The Big Lebowski" for example. That's a story that's equally as unbelievable, and it's one of the best films I've ever seen. "Raising Arizona" seemed to miss out on that feeling. The phrase I like to use to describe The Big Lebowski is "Coherently Episodic". Raising ARizona isn't. It's just incoherent, and episodic for that matter. There are a few funny moments, and there are a load of terrifically-written dialogues. Particularly the scene where the F.B.I and police invade Nathan Arizona's home. That scene was great. Other than that though, there's nothing really to it. It reminded me of mainstream comedies, such as "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Three Men and a Baby", but it was these films that made me think (God forgive me) that this would have been a better film had it not been made by the Coen Brothers. BUt don't get me wrong, this, in my opinion, is their only genuine dud.
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2014

Funny comedy is OK for older tweens

Violence- 2 (Mild Violence) Sex- 4 (Moderate Sexual References) Language- 3 (Infrequent Moderate Coarse Language)

Teen, 14 years old Written byccbluebonnet February 8, 2011
This movie was definitely not my favorite, but it was still good. One thing I was really impressed with was Nicolas Cage! He did a fantastic job in my opinion. What impresses me though is that generally, he doesn't play that type of role. Pretty good movie, very Saturday cartoon-like plot which is fun.

Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2010

Fun!

I absolutely love it! I saw it when I was 9 years and it is a CLASSIC! There is a lot of language, and the fact that Cage is a criminal isn't a good message, and it does have a few other messages that people don't notice (e.g. when the two men excape from jail)

Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 December 5, 2009

SOOOO GOOD!!!

This movie is SO funny!!! My dad showed it to me, then we showed my 10-year-old sister. She liked it (except for the bad guy shooting the bunny). I love the part with all the babies in the nursery crawling around! :) You'll LOVE it!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 December 1, 2009

Alright

Nothing Amazing, sorta pointless and seemed really short. Nick Cage did a great job. There is a lot of fighting violence towards the end. There is some talk of sex. You see a lot of beer cans. Role models were horrible and then they got a little better. Language was stron and included 1 f-word

Kid, 9 years old September 26, 2009

Maybe Tweens... More like Teens

Really? Some cussing? More like cussing in EVERY SENTENCE!!! This really suprised me but is extreemely funny.

Teen, 17 years old Written bycopperzinc April 6, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written byChopin April 9, 2008

Brainless but fun comic romp

Watched too many complex, serious movies lately? Rent Raising Arizona and give your brain a vacation - no deep thinking, deducing, or real seriousness required! This movie is funny because it is so hillbilly stupid, not necessarily because it has any truly funny gags or jokes. It is along the witless line of Napoleon Dynamite, but is on a slightly higher (dare I say more mature?) level. This movie is for older teens and up due to consistent bad language and a few conversations containing adult material.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Meh.

This was a decent movie, but not nearly as good as other films from the Coen brothers. Some funny parts, and pretty entertaining, but really nothing special or even particularly worth seeing.