Parent reviews for RBG

Inspiring, entertaining docu about an American icon.

Based on 1 review
Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written byDirk J June 17, 2018

It's about Gender Equality

Ruth Bader Ginsburg is known for a range of things, but this moving and entertaining documentary does not dwell on the political but instead details how Justice BG has had one overarching idea in her legal life: that gender distribution is just as unjustified as racial discrimination. It starts with an excellent explanation and illustration of her earlier work. I really liked the part about her friendship with Scalia, which is really in line with her conviction to build bridges and convince other people, instead of just ignoring or hating them. It wraps up with some more personal details and some grim yet hopeful observations about the current court.

Adult Written byPatty P. June 5, 2018

Illustrates the difference one person can make

There are so many positive attributes about this documentary that it's difficult to choose where to begin. RBG has lessons about perseverance in the face of challenging circumstances, keeping one's temper under control in order to be more successful in arguing your point, and defending the idea that all people are deserving of equal treatment. The support of RBG's husband Marty is also addressed and is a wonderful example of a very bright man and his efforts to support his wife for the benefit of everyone. Since this is a documentary, there isn't a lot of "action", but the conversations with those who know RBG are inspiring. When I saw this movie, there weren't any kids in the audience, but I'm going back with my 11 year old daughter. Our world would be so different if everyone made the positive impact that RBG has!

Adult Written byRoyjason August 1, 2018

RBG

wonderful superhero lady!! Boxxy software it s great platforme. Great navigation, and a great selection.