Parent reviews for Reach Me

Muddled, sometimes violent drama about a self-help book.

Based on 1 review

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written bybetsyl December 1, 2014

Reach Me

Yes, there was a happy ending, but that’s the point of motivation. We want to know that we can be better, try harder, do more, and achieve our dreams if we take responsibility for actions, choose to listen to our own voices, and help others along the way. Is it hokey? You betcha’. Is it a better way to spend a couple of hours than watching the usual “life sucks then you die” or “let’s blow the whole thing up” or “life sucks, let’s do some blow then get naked?” Absolutely. There are the obligatory scenes for today’s audience: smoking pot, sex (but under the covers), violence, and cursing. What I didn’t see was the same level of cynicism, disdain, and disrespect for life that has become common. Although you don’t need to have a self-help background to understand the jokes or the dialogue, you do need to pay attention, listen, and think. There is a faster patter to the conversations with fewer filler (i.e., f*$#) words, and the humor isn’t cruel, derogatory, misogynistic or about drugs, sex, and farts. Does it reach it’s potential? I would say yes and then some!