Kid reviews for Red State

Startlingly violent, intense Kevin Smith shocker.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 16 years old Written byLudorf May 13, 2012

Red State.

Gory, Vulgar, and all around scary with a message that we all know is true but it doesn't matter because thats like %3 of all christians I still like this movie and I'm 14. It was a good horror flick, and a good action movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byJblick October 29, 2011

Awesome!

Wow, Kevin Smith pulled off a movie that's not a Comedy. Let alone three different acts and genres. Great Dialogue, Directing and amazing work by the DP. The only sexual content is in the first twenty minutes and very little is shown, It is mostly just discussed. Violence is all with firearms, but extreme. There is language, but why did you expect, its Kevin Smith. 4.5 out of 5. CSM should let you rate half stars.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChicken Whisperer December 2, 2011

A good, yet disturbing film

While Red State was a good film (in my eyes at least), it is not to be watched with children, as some of the content is heinous intentionally. The film shows a religous extremist family (similar to the WBC) that, hidden from the view of outsiders, murders "sinners" such as gay people and horny teens by trapping them through the internet. The family is shown as heinous, being led by Michael parks in a brilliant performance (Oscar worthy performance) The film shook me quite a bit, even though I've seen much more violent films, the subject matter, the things some characters go through made this a thoroughly disturbing film, with many things happening to characters you're rooting for, that almost never end well. The film does end on a positive note, with the villain getting his due (kind of.) Overall, Red State is a good film for adults that tackles social issues in an alright way.