Parent reviews for Religulous

Provocative comedy/documentary examines faith.

Adult Written byhello kids June 20, 2012

The only reason

The only reason it is a high rating is because it dares to question religion.

Adult Written byMature-teen September 10, 2010

Everyone should see this

Take a good hard realistic look at religion. Everyone should see this. Religion is taboo but it should not be. All teens should see this.

Parent of a 8, 10, and 12-year-old Written byalmondbutter March 30, 2009
This movie is scary for anyone with a belief in a particular religion because it strongly questions and most often answers highly revelant parts of the religion.
Parent of a 5 and 7-year-old Written byMangoFlamingo May 8, 2010

13+

Just saw this last night. I agree that this isn't for children, but I think the message is important so I would let me kids see this after age 13.

I really enjoyed the documentary and want to see it again.
Adult Written bystacymavros April 16, 2009

Here's one (finally) for the spiritual but not stupid crowd.

Not, not, not for kids. This movie is intelligent, thought provoking and very, very funny--laugh out loud funny. You may find yourself at times thinking, holy crap did he just say that? And then you'll laugh again! If you're an uptight christian then this movie isn't for you--however if you are one who thinks outside of the herd, watch this documentary...it's a good one.
Parent of a 2-year-old Written byDesiredLoginName January 8, 2009
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18+-year-old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Parent of a 16-year-old Written byMomsterOH November 8, 2008

For those who welcome challenges to conventional mores & ways of thinking

Let me start by saying our family are huge Bill Maher fans, and as such, we expected this film to be a lot snarkier than it was. But I was plesantly surprised by his debates with those who have opposite POV without demeaning them in the process. This is a great documentary to spark controversial conversations about the biggest unknown: Who or what is God? How can any one religion be *the* right one? How can aetheists be so sure there isn't a God?

As far as entertainment, it is hilarious! And thought provoking.....and obviously for those who are open to something that may challenge the core of their beliefs.