Kid reviews for Remember the Titans

Inspiring football drama brings history to life.

Wondering if Remember the Titans is OK for your kids?

Teen, 15 years old Written bySHHyoudontknowme June 8, 2020

Warning!

This film include racism, bullying, homophobia and sexual assault. Every disappointing, as this film only shows disagreement with racism and not all the other showed issues. The movie shows unrealistic good consequences of sexual assault (unwanted kissing lead to acceptance) and bullying is constantly normalised. No deep character development. You can watch this film to discuss 20th century society’s perspectives, but it’s not recommended for education. DO NOT TAKE THESE CHARACTERS AS ROLE MODELS. You should only watch this when you already have quite a decent amount of social knowledge.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAbigail18817 October 3, 2018

Remember the Titans

This is an amazing movie about teamwork and family. Everyone should watch this movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byageratings October 29, 2017
This sports drama deals with heavy themes, but is inspiring in every sense of the word.

Teen, 16 years old Written byStoogefan197 August 1, 2019

My favorite football movie

This movie may not appeal to kids, and I can understand, but If your a fan of football movies, than this movie has got your name on it. The acting is really good, the messages are well put, the direction is spot on, and this shows the problem of racism and how they managed to get over it. Although, there is some things I would warn people about, there is offensive language, and an intense car crash. But, other than that, this movie is amazing, my favorite football movie. 9.5/10
Kid, 12 years old September 29, 2016

Amazing movie!

I love this movie! I think it is a great message and I hope you think so too! There is lots of racism and the language is limited, but it is mainly about friendship no matter what race. The movie is a true story and I loved it! I think that all kids 10 and up should see it, but if your child is mature than I think 9. :)

Teen, 17 years old Written byLenny Falconer October 26, 2020

Banger

yeah is pretty good
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2020

great movie

This was a very good movie but kids below 11 years old might not really get it.

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2020

This movie is incredible

I love this movie and cry every time. It’s so significant in these times . It proves that it doesn’t madder your skin color. It shows us that we don’t have to divide as a nation because God made your skin color different and beautiful than mine. I may only be 12 but this is a film that everyone should see. EVERYONE!!!! Watch it and if you’ve already seen it......... watch it again.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEmmy23 June 4, 2020

Fantastic Family Must-See

Would 100% recommend for all families to watch together; gives a unique take on segregation and racism through the lens of football. Many excellent messages and role models. Serious, yet fun, and very, very excellently done.

Teen, 16 years old Written byWilly Bob March 26, 2020

Teen, 13 years old Written byCHBB11 February 25, 2020

Great Movie!!!

I did a film review on this movie for school. It is really easy to follow and very enjoyable to watch. I had to watch this movie many times and i would still go and watch it again today. Good for most ages but does discuss a sensitive subject so may be hard to fully understand the extent of how the events included effected the world.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlwaysLavender January 21, 2020

Amazingly Powerful Movie

This is amazingly powerful movie, i highly suggest it but it definetly isnt for super young kids. There's light swearing and slurs, but nothing horrible. There is some violence and its a very intense movie. Overall, it has a positive message; accept everyone.

Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2020

I don't usually like sports movies, but I loved this.

This movie is so inspiring, and inspirational. This is a great movie that everyone should see.

Teen, 16 years old Written byThePalchuck03 December 17, 2019

A positive and encouraging movie about brotherhood and standing up for what is right

This is truly one of my favorite movies! A for real classic. This movie has great role models and incredibly positive messages... It gives a true representation of fighting for unity and brotherhood. It has strong characters who overcome surmounting obstacles to fight for what they believe in and fight for friendship, even when it is not respected by the community. This a really incredible movie that i would totally recommend to every one looking far a good laugh, a few cries, and a whole lot of fun and American spirit!

Teen, 14 years old Written byAsh_Jessie_2019 November 14, 2019
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2019

ya'll

IT'S FOOTBALL. IT'S ABOUT OVERCOMING CHALLENGES, BOTH IN THE GAME AND OUT. IT'S ABOUT BEING WHO YOU ARE. THIS IS VIOLENT IN THE SAME WAY THE NUCULER POWER SYMBOL IS A FIDGET SPINNER. GOOD MESSAGES, ACCURATE STORIES, VIOLENCE LIMITED TO FOOTBALL TACKLES. IT'S NOT HARD, STOP NITPICKING THE RACIAL SLURS AND WHATNOT. IT'S THE 1970'S. HISTORY SHOULDN'T BE SUGARCOATED.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLindsey10001 October 21, 2019

Go see it dammit

Definitly worth watching! I'm not good at sitting still even for movies but I could sit right through this! I'm definitly impressed at the hilarious characters and amazing acting!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDeclan1700 January 21, 2018
Teen, 16 years old Written byolympicmascots May 6, 2016

11+

Return of the Titans is a really good movie. They talk about teamwork, getting along, and the sport of Football. But there are some inapprorpiate stuff.

There is mild swearing and some characters (Mainly white) say racist stuff.

Recommend to watch it if you look like football and can tolerate mild language.

Kid, 9 years old July 31, 2015

Amazing true story about rising above obstacles

This is one of my favorite movies! Set in the south during the civil rights movement, it is the true story of a confident and intense black football coach assigned to replace the white head football coach of a previously all-white school. It traces their relationship as they attempt to work together to build a successful football team amidst strong racial tensions. Younger children may not understand the concept of segregation and some moments are very emotionally charged, but it is a truly inspiring example of how people can accomplish amazing things when they look beyond each other's differences and into each other's hearts. The two head coaches are both great family men and there is a lot of great football footage, several very motivational speeches and moving conversations, and a lot of wisecracking humor interspersed. Overall, a great family flick!