All teen and kid member reviews for Reservoir Dogs

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 11, 2011

Great movie!

Best of the Tarantino films!saw it when I was 9!not that bad and language is ok if your kids don't learn it and use it in school.worse things happen in real life.there are shoot outs and massacres every day and this is not even half as realistic Quentin rocks!Forgot to add,the torture scene was awesome.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest June 20, 2011

I love it

I saw this movie when I was 6 and love it but I just found out this a movie for teen not young teen but teen
Teen, 13 years old Written byQKD23 June 19, 2015

Tarintino's least inappropriate movie!

I thought it was pretty tame for Tarintino. Although some parents can have different opinions about what they want there child to see. If you are okay with letting your 10-13 Year Old watch movies with 75-100 F-Bombs , this movie is going to be fine. I don't know what Common Sense Media was thinking when they said "Not For Kids"!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymilkandhoney December 26, 2012

Nice.

Good little movie. Bit bloody. If you really hate that sort of thing- don't watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy45 February 12, 2013

In this amazing crime drama, Reservoir Dogs chronicles the heist being performed by six complete strangers, all under a color synonym. After the job goes south, they begin to believe that there is a rat in the house.

Honestly, I'm 13 and I just saw about a week ago, and it was no harm on my eyes! It is possibly the best crime drama out there. If you're afraid of the colorful language, you have nothing to worry about, trust me, I as a 13 can say our conversations are pretty shy of theirs!
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

Reservoir dogs

It is defienetley violent and not the best to show to kids but if ur child can handle blood, swearing and crime themes, this won't be too bad yes yes it has that ear scene but I handled it and I understood it's magnificence at age 10 defienetley a good flick!
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2015

A great movie with some violence and swearing.

The movie starts with a scene where the gang talks about the song like virgin and there's a lot of talking about sex in that scene. There's one or two really violent scene one of them is a torture, that has a police cut his ear off. This is not graphicly shown and actually you can see the ear after that there it should be. The man puts it in hands of man who is been shooted earlier (it's not shown yet that scene where he got shot) then the man who has been shooted shoots the torturer. And there is about 75-100 f*cks.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjackquiroz July 1, 2011

Okay.. Hear me out

So.. It probally says im 14 so just hear me out. I enjoy watching classic films, movies that have paved new ground, This movie is amazing, Quentin Tarantino is very amazing in his type of film, its very Sadistic its not to be taken lightly, its also has a lot of graphic language but its very humorous, its funny to see these murderers talk about simple things that happen in everyday life, also the movie does not glorify violence it uses it for its own demented purpose and it makes it good, now this movie is also pretty violent and it is not recommended to teens that are sensitive to violence and this isnt action violence its not like Die Hard or The Terminator, no this is Violence, Sadistic Violence and disturbing and it actually made director Wes Craven walk out so keep that in mind but anybody who actually likes film should watch this
Teen, 13 years old Written byKubricksGirl February 4, 2016

One of Tarantino's Best Films

This is one of Tarantino's best. I always loved the use of a group of characters instead of just one. This is one of my favorite movies by far. Highly recommended, awesome movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bythesturgmachine February 22, 2014

Plenty of swearing!

Also has a fair bit of violence, all and all, excellent film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bytrombone1997 July 2, 2012

Great movie, just highly suggestive.

While this is Quentin Tarantino's first film, it definitely gives us an idea of what the rest of his movies will look like. RESERVOIR DOGS is a raw and never-before-seen take on a failed robbery so that makes for an interesting well-thought-out story. Starring Harvey Keitel, Steve Buscemi, Tim Roth (also starred in Quentin's PULP FICTION with Harvey Keitel), Michael Madsen, Chris Penn, Lawrence Tierney, and Quentin Tarantino himself. The movie is incredibly violent, like all of Tarantino's movies, but there's just something about it that you like and that you would want to see it. But in this movie, there are many violent shoot-outs, a very violent torture scene in which a man has his ear sliced off with a razor, and a couple of car crashes. The language and sex coincide with each other because in the beginning of the movie, every other sentence was filled with sexual dialogue. The language is very strong with about every form of the F word and just about every other word in the dictionary. Characters do smoke regularly, but in one scene, a character smuggles drugs past police. It's a very good movie, but if your child wants to watch it, I would have to say, you have to know your child and that it isn't positive in any way what-so-ever.
Kid, 10 years old March 10, 2012

good movie

Teen, 15 years old Written byfireplacemantle July 12, 2011

Great Movie

Teen, 14 years old Written bylantio August 23, 2014

Tarantino's debut is a masterpiece!

Amazing movie! I'm only 14 but I love this movie and I recommend it to everybody!
Teen, 14 years old Written byitsrainingfrogs July 14, 2014

Outstanding debut for an outstanding director.

Acclaimed director Quentin Tarantino made his debut with this excellent film studies the men involved with a robbery gone wrong and investigates the possibility of one of them being a police informant. Great directing, writing, acting, and use of songs on the soundtrack. Sex: None. Moderately infrequent sexual dialogue, most notably the opening conversation about Madonna. Violence: Despite what many people think, the film is fairly tame compared to Tarantino's later work. A few characters are shot, a little blood. One character shot off screen lays in a pool of blood for almost all of the film's runtime. Infamous "Stuck in the Middle With You" scene involves a hostage police officer's ear cut off. Off screen, but a little disturbing. Language: Non-stop strong language including several racial slurs. Substance Abuse: Most characters smoke and drink. Infrequent drug references. Intensity: Several intense/suspenseful sequences, particularly the torture scene and the climatic Mexican standoff.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMr47 February 3, 2013

Amazing Crime Film

This movie is quite simply fine art. Parents if your kid gets scared s--tless by these types of movies don't let them watch it. But for you older kids this will probably stop them from robbing a diamond store. The masterful performances from Michael Madsen and Harvey Keitel are the highlight and Tarantino really hit the mark with his debut directorial effort
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 July 5, 2012

Mature crime drama targeted to adults.

This movie has constant strong language. The violence is fairly bloody, but not frequent or too bad. This movie would appeal more to an adult, but older teend could watch too
Teen, 14 years old Written byMonstercat54 May 2, 2016

So half of these kids are crazy, I will share light to this incredible film however.

This film is a masterpiece by Quentin Tarantino. Now, there are plenty of F-cks and S--ts and more and more profanities, but it partly due to the high stress situation the characters are in. There is a message of Camaraderie in this film, and it is apparent. Characters aren't heartless murderers. Mr. White cares for Mr. Orange, as it is the other way around. Mr. Blonde, the psychopath, even has heart and has friends and cares for them. Now, the film does feature violence, however, cumulatively, there is only about 15-20 on screen deaths, which is less than any other Tarantino film, aside from death proof I believe. Lets put it this way...If you watched Deadpool with your kids, and you weren't the ignorant parent that ignored the warnings of R, and walked out fine with your kids, this movie is cleaner in almost every sense.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox April 29, 2015

Reservoir dogs

This is a very violent movie with torture and shootouts. A man gets his ear cut off (off screen). And the language is very strong, frequent use of f*ck sh!t a*s damn hell b!tch g*ddamn one use of f*ggot. The sex is not very bad just references. Okay for a mature 13 yr old
Kid, 12 years old August 18, 2016

Reservoir Dogs Review

Reservoir Dogs is the first film directed by Quentin Tarantino, and as with all of his films is filled with violence and explicit language (f--k, s--t, the "N" word, etc.) There is really no sexual content besides in the opening scene in which the group of bank robbers are discussing the meaning behind the Madonna song "Like a Virgin", and the term "big dicks" is thrown around casually. Blood is used often. People are shot, cut, and almost lit on fire. Most of the characters smoke. If you are fine with letting you kid see the violence and language, he or she will have fun with this heist epic.