Kid reviews for Reservoir Dogs

Raw and bloody. For adults.

Written byAnonymous August 17, 2019

Very good movie with great dialogue

Not as much violence and swearing as people say. There is some blood and some smoking but that's it.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 11, 2011

Great movie!

Best of the Tarantino films!saw it when I was 9!not that bad and language is ok if your kids don't learn it and use it in school.worse things happen in real life.there are shoot outs and massacres every day and this is not even half as realistic Quentin rocks!Forgot to add,the torture scene was awesome.
Kid, 11 years old June 21, 2021

really great tarantino movie but not for kids under 15

soo like i said is one of the best movies i ever seen but there is a full scene talking about sex about the song like a virgin from maddona and theres a lot of violence and swearing

Teen, 15 years old Written byClorox bleach May 3, 2021

Reservoir dogs

I thought this was a good movie. It was written and directed by Quentin Tarantino so that’s why. His movies are very creative and I like the violence in his movies. I recommend this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovie_reviewer45 April 18, 2021

amazing amazing amazing

quentin tarantino has made many great movies such as pulp fiction and django unchained. this is my 2nd fav movie ever and its ok for kids if they play games like gta and call of duty. swearing isnt that bad, smoking occurs and theres a fair bit of blood, but its a top movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byilhc March 31, 2021

8/10

Teen, 16 years old Written byZeroFriends March 5, 2021

Amazing Film

Amazing film that contains moderate violence. 14 year olds would be fine watching this film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLeonvol January 25, 2021

Tarantino is the best

This movie is my number 2 favourite movie of all time I love this movie ,Micheal madsen is playing really well like Steve bushemi, this movie has such a good story,
Teen, 15 years old Written byLoranikas303 December 15, 2020

This is NOT the best!

This movie is NOT for 13 year olds! This movie is way just trash especially Tarantino films! That reminds me of Men in Black! There is lot of swearing and violence but there is no sex! Please, do NOT watch this movie! I you like this, I can't respect your opinion! #TarantinoRants #TaratinoHaters

Teen, 15 years old Written byDogcat December 15, 2020

Trash!

Teen, 14 years old Written byLukeCon December 12, 2020

Tarantino's elaborate yet bloody 90's debut-feature

Arguably one of Tarantino's best works, Tarantino certainly has made his first debut with Reservoir Dogs. This time, he crafts another nonlinear narrative which divides the varying storylines and characters which are positioned against the backdrop of the heist which occupies Reservoir Dogs' storyline. Reservoir Dogs revolves around the aftermath of a failed heist, and Tarantino creates the personalities of the characters in an amazing opening scene--which offers some interesting insight into the characters and their personalities. Their personalities unfold as Tarantino's film continues.
We begin to understand that Reservoir Dogs is not a crime film, it's more of a character study of a group of people caught in a particular place at a particular time, and trying to get out of it. We follow these interesting characters as they spar with each other in discovering the possible culprit of the events which led to the heist failing.
We soon learn later on that things are more intricate than expected--which Tarantino does brilliantly. Tarantino does a brilliant job at creating the turning points which mark a particular event in the story--as Tarantino goes back and forth at uncovering the events of the film, we then realize that Tarantino has crafted this situation in such an elaborate fashion that this is certainly his debut-feature.
Usually, I wouldn't expect a director's first-feature to be excellent. Well, Reservoir Dogs is a great example of that very possibility, as Tarantino has learned to craft an elaborately written story which details the events which precede and follow the backdrop of the story, which is the heist. However, Tarantino really makes this film a character study--a study of people caught in a particular situation, pleading to get out, and not knowing how to. That is what Reservoir Dogs is all about.
But, of course, the film is both bloody and intense. Here is a brief content description of the film:

Positive messages: N/A. Crime is a pivotal theme displayed throughout the events of the film.
Positive role models: N/A. The characters are criminal jewel thieves. Enough said.
Violence: 10/10. Tarantino certainly brings out quite a bit of bloody violence in the film. Characters are shot and beaten throughout the film, and usually, the violence is very graphic in terms of the results. Bloody wounds are shown in several scenes--blood is shown on characters' faces or bodies. A gunfight occurs at the end of the film, and a character is tortured via a not-shown but intense ear-cutting (the results are briefly shown later).
Sex: 3/10. Characters make a couple clear but brief sexual references, particularly in the early scene.
Profanity: 10/10. Language spews out of characters constantly--which wasn't necessary. The dialogue consists of frequent F-words, as well as the words "S***" "G**d**n" and "H***"--these words are used several times in the film. The language is nearly constant and unnecessary in the film, as well as a couple sexual terms used in the film.
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 8/10. Cigarette smoking, again, is a favorite of the characters, as they are frequently shown lighting and smoking cigarettes throughout the film. A couple instances of alcohol use occur in the film.

Overall, Reservoir Dogs is an elaborately written tale of multiple characters stuck at a particular place at a particular time--Tarantino uses this concept and builds it into elaborate storylines of the characters, building the personalities of the characters as a result in the film.
Tarantino understands how to create the characters' personalities, and he does so as the story unfolds. He helps us the viewer understand the personalities the characters occupy, which lets us know more about the characters in the film. Tarantino also offers an interesting character study which portrays the struggles these characters deal with as they attempt to uncover the events which caused their heist to fail.
As a result, we get an elaborately written Tarantino feature, which is his first feature, and yet, Reservoir Dogs still is one of Tarantino's best films we've received from him. That said, the language and violence make Reservoir Dogs best left to mature audiences. I give Reservoir Dogs 4 out of 5 stars, and recommend it to mature teens 16 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAnonymoushacker September 29, 2020

Beautiful Masterpiece

I believe this is a great crime thriller for mature kids. It is a very violent movie but is fine if your kids are okay watching the Dark Knight. There is a torture scene with a man who gets his ear cut off and is drenched in gasoline but not burned. There is also a guy bleeding out fro gunshot wounds. There is a lot of swearing which to me is no big deal (my parents curse a lot). Overall a fantastic movie if your teen or older child is okay with violence and cursing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarumph112 September 7, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewotion June 29, 2020
Teen, 15 years old Written byGotALight June 18, 2020

This film is AMAZING

This film is violent, so if you are not into all of that then I’d recommend avoiding this film. However, this is by far one of the most amazing films I’ve seen, which is no surprise from Quentin Tarantino. I’d highly recommend.

Teen, 13 years old Written byResto The linear March 14, 2020

Teen, 17 years old Written byHydroPlaysXband... March 4, 2020

Absorbing and entertaining Tarantino flick. Also his most profane.

Reservoir Digs is Tarantino’s first film. It is very Tarantino. It’s good, and entertains, but isn’t quite his best work.
Violence: Quite bloody. Many shooting with bloodspurt. Several cops are shot. A woman is shot. A graphic torture scene, slaying of the face, taking off the ear, sloshing oil on him. Many characters are bloodied up for most of the film. Huge puddles of blood. References to violent acts.
Sex: Very graphic references to sex. Characters discuss graphically what Madonna’s: Like a Virgin” is about.
Language: Tarantino’s most profane film. Around 272 F bombs and skews of other derogatory terms including homophobic and racial slurs. Non stop. Remember this film is only an hour and a half.
Consumption: References to drugs. Some social drinking and smoking.
Extra: Many, many mature themes. No positive role models or messages.

Teen, 13 years old Written bythepes February 14, 2020

Teen, 14 years old Written byMungadoodle123 August 3, 2019

Very good

Reservoir Dogs is a master fully crafted Quentin Tarantino film presented in a at times confusing and off beat story line. A good watch, and certainly worth anyones time.

Teen, 15 years old Written byGeneralThoughts March 23, 2019

It’s a Quentin Tarantino!

My first Tarantino film, and definitely not my last. If you are going to introduce your child to a Tarantino movie, reservoir dogs is the way to start. It’s gives you the idea of what to expect for every Tarantino movie, an intriguing plot that’s easy to follow, lovable characters and a blood bath at the end. Not to mention the badass soundtrack which Tarantino never seems to get wrong. Obviously it is a very violent and bloody film but fun nevertheless. A film you can watch again and again and again. Just not for kids. But nor is any Tarantino film.