All parent member reviews for Robots

Adult Written bybluedevil April 9, 2008

Clever, not endearing

This movie had my wife and me laughing at its cleverness and puns and there is certainly an uplifting message at its core. But there is a good deal of juvenile bathroom humor and, yes, some suggestive lines -- all designed, no doubt, to keep adults entertained. While our family enjoyed the movie we found it, at times, very busy, fast-moving and visually challenging to watch (the rollercoaster and battle scenes move too fast to truly comprehend.) Upon exiting the theater, we were on sensory overload. We took our 5 year old to see it and aren't sad that we did, but it is truly more appropriate for second or third graders or older.
Parent of a 1 and 4 year old Written byxiebob November 8, 2013

Fast paced

Very fast-paced, and most preschoolers probably miss a lot of what's going on.
Parent Written byAmalie&Ethan'sMommy February 29, 2012

Great movie. My kids have been watching it since they were 2yrs old.

My daugther started watching this movie when she was about 2 and loved it. My son is two months shy of being two and he asks to watch this movie every night. I have no issue showing kids as young as mine this movie. There are some darker seens but they never scared my daughter or my son. They love the music. There are some cute references that adults would get that young kids most likely would not (which is kind of nice for the adults..especially if your kids are at the age where they like to watch the same movies over and over again). There is a lot of action which keeps my son entertained. He is 21 months old and this is the only movie that he will sit through in its entirety. My daugther (who is now almost 4, loves the story line). It also sends a good message which is basically, "don't give up, follow your dreams, and you will succeed."
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 September 26, 2009

ok

some vilonce but very funny. In one scene a gilr robot saod to a boy robot "hey your kinda cute". besides that there is no sexual content.
Adult Written bynpalumbo April 9, 2008

Adult Written byamberdawn723 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

bearable but not better than that

Robots fits the formula for recent animated movies: really talented actors' voices, some jokes aimed at adults, mild messages of social benefit. The good news: both my 11 and 6 year olds were entertained, mildly. However, it flunked my two tests: I did check my blackberry for email during the movie (and nodded off once), and never got teary, which I do at American Express commercials. Wait for the video.
Adult Written byMarismom02 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bysziolek April 9, 2008

Adult Written byrobertajuliette April 9, 2008

Not as clever as it looks

Although the animation was fine, this movie falls flat on plot and character. The villain and his villainous mother were strictly cardboard and even the good guys had no spark.
Adult Written bybari April 9, 2008

Adult Written byReviewer April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Its good but its no Shrek

Adult Written byJjSmihal April 9, 2008

Adult Written bypraiseldr April 9, 2008

Boring beyond belief

I have never had a reaction to a movie like I did this one. My reaction? BLAH. Formulaic characters. Poor dialogue. Predictable ending. There is nothing to this movie. Even Robin Williams seems like he could have done more with his character if given the chance. The movie seems to have been designed merely to showcase those visual effects everyone's talking about. Kinda like "Oh yeah, I guess we should have some kind of love story here...." Won't buy the DVD, won't need to see it ever again.....
Adult Written bybethlthomson April 9, 2008

i laughed

This is a GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!& FUNNY LOL
Adult Written byHaloFreak123 April 9, 2008

OK

I would give it a rating between G and PG
Adult Written byJoe100 April 9, 2008

Not great really...

Far too frantic and very little plot. There is plenty of excitement but it just NEVER stops - there are no breathers to let the film calm down and some of the bits are not funny when you can tell they are trying to be.
Adult Written byTefimom April 9, 2008

Modern cartoon with a little adult humor

While I agree that the fart sequence is a little unnecessary I find this movie really cute. I think all in all the lessons it's teaches are worthwhile. I think the idea to be proud of yourself no matter what is important and the idea to not give up on your dreams is endearing. I think the "violence" is well done in a way that it is goofy and child acceptable. The few suggestive comments are not in your face. They are subtle and not overly offensive. All in all me and my kids really enjoy this movie (over and over again!)
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

I lost six brain cells watchingthis.