Kid reviews for Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet Poster Image

Nudity

I;m not really a big fan of Shakespeare, so I can't say much here, but parents: do be warned that at one point, Romeo and Juliet sleep together; the act itself is not shown but we do see them the morning after. Juliet (whos actor was 16 at the time) has her breasts out in the open, and there's a clear shot of Romeo's butt.

Classic, must watch at some point!

!!!SPOILERS!!! Great movie with a few suggestive scenes: at one time you can see two men fighting and beating each other. Later on, Juliet fakes her death, and then Romeo commits suicide by poison. There is also a nipple shown for a quick second, but no sex. I believe those are the only suggestive scenes. Great for mature tweens and up!

Good, even if I can't understand half of what they're saying.

There's some kissing romance, but that should be expected of a love story. Reviewed by Cool Kidz. P.S My name's Julieta.

Great!

This was a great movie.
i just wish they wouldn't have shown us this in class, did become a bit awkward at times, the Leonardo DiCaprio one was better in my opinion..

good but sad

good. great! bits are violent, or have sex but overall, good. not as good as the book ( huge Shakespeare nerd), but overall good movie. best romeo and Juliette movie. might be too mature for kids under 12, but i was fine with it at 10.

Great film adaptation is true to the original piece.

This film is a good one. It's true to the original written piece. It's worth your time if you like Romeo and Juliet. But for that matter, it's not for young kids. The opening scene is a street brawl between the two families: Montague and Capulet. This involves punches, swords, and even thrown vegetables as weapons. There is some bloodshed, but it is implied that the wounded lived. The second death was an accident (or at least that's how it was played out to be). Tybalt and Mecrutio fight, much like in the book, except it seems more like they're just messing around rather than trying to kill each other. Romeo tries to stop them from fighting but that causes Tybalt to stab Mecrutio by accident. He dies from it. Romeo goes after Tybalt and kills him for revenge. Juliet's father smacks her when she refuses to marry Paris. Then, of course, (SPOILER) Romeo and Juliet kill themselves. Paris does not die, neither does Romeo's mother. (SPOILER OVER) There is some racy stuff in the film. Romeo and Juliet have sex (not shown, but they are seen in bed together naked) Romeo's bare back and buttocks are visible and Juliet's breasts are visible for about a nano second. The Nurse cracks a racy joke. All the men wear tight spandex. Juliet is seen in her nightgown, some minor cleavage visible. Romeo and Juliet kiss. A lot. Heavy flirting. Some may find these scenes uneasy to watch since Juliet is 13 and Romeo is about 16. But then again this was normal for the time period. This is a good adaptation. Recommended to those who like the written piece.

Great Version of this classic story

Very close to the original story and very well acted. There are still the three fights that are depicted in the original (Opening Fight, Mercutio and Tybalt, Romeo and Tybalt) as well as the deaths of 5 main characters, as far as violence goes (obviously no guns). There is a scene where Romeo entire back is shown (head to knees) undresses, and Juilets entire back, and her topless is shown. No swearing and no alcohol is scene in the entire movie.

SO MUCH SEX AND VIOLENT VIOLENCE AND ALSO A LOT OF BAD LANGUAGE

Don't underestimate this film

Romeo and Juliet? What's the most common thought that comes to mind? Boring. I thought the same thing when my English teacher said we would be reading it, but I didn't know how wrong I was. The story is difficult to understand if you don't have a high enough reading level, but once you do you start to see that this is no ordinary play. The movie is a great adaptation, best one I've ever scene. The actors put feeling behind their words, and deliver their lines perfectly. There's action, romance, humor, and tragedy beautifully put together to create an amazing movie. Aside from a few shots of a mans backside, and a brief flash of a females breasts, both easily skippable, there really isn't much to worry about. I'd recommend this to anyone who can understand it.