Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Room on the Broom

Short and sweet adventure about a generous witch.

Parent Written bydyfdd December 16, 2013

Room for More of This

Based on a story written by Julia Donaldson, author of The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child among many others. It teaches how to share and overcome differences. Also, in the face of difficulty, it teaches how to work together to help a friend. The scary part is when a dragon threatens the good witch, but for children 4 years and up this should not prove too challenging to watch.

Educational Value
Parent of a 4 and 11 year old Written byMr. M. A. Cat May 17, 2015

Beautiful Adaptation

My 4-year-old son was willing to give something new a try on Netflix. He has his favorite franchises (Transformers), when he stopped on this short I encouraged him to give it a chance. My 10-year-old son joined us to watch it. All of us completely loved it. It had light suspense throughout the short - we were all transfixed. The suspense intensified at the stand-off with the dragon. The art is adorable, the characters' attitudes are reminiscent of Kipper. The ending is perfect. My 10-year-old and I gave my 4-year-old a small round of applause for making such a great discovery.

Parent of a 2, 7, and 10 year old Written byproxieme January 9, 2015

Short, Sweet Adaptation

While this does have a slightly scary interaction with a dragon that may make it inappropriate for some children under 4, my 2-year-old is obsessed with this movie and the other two BBC-produced adaptations of the same author's work (The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child). She will ask anyone who will listen, "Have you seen Woom on Boom? Is SOOO cute TB show!" It's pacing is very much like having a book read to you, not frenetic like some children's fare. It teaches kindness, acceptance, cooperation, and - if your child can handle the scary parts - triumphing over the things that frighten you.

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byKate H. August 6, 2016

Great Story

We watched this after reading the book. The movie was very well done. Great audio, simple but effective animation.

Adult Written bychillywilly September 20, 2014

Kids loved it!

We borrowed this from our library after watching the Gruffalo and The Gruffalo's Child DVD's from the library. Kids were 5 yrs old, and they loved it. We also had 2 friends over to watch it, 5 and 7 yrs old, and they loved it as well. The 2 friends had a much higher tolerance for high action packed kid movies, but were perfectly happy and mesmerized with it. Highly recommend.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byAlli F. January 24, 2018

Great book adaption!

My daughter just loves the book so it's nice to see it brought to life! It does have a mild scary element with the dragon but my daughter is very sensitive and tolerates this with a simple concerned glance at me (but I always sit with her and reassure her). Great message of sharing and teamwork.

Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written byJennifer C. April 18, 2019

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

Adorable. Lyrical. Visually appealing. Wish there were more shows like it.
Parent of a 1 and 3 year old Written byBatfan7 July 17, 2018

Such a cute expansion of the book

It's an adorable story, really. Each animal has so much personality! My toddlers both loved it. Although my sensitive child will cover his eyes when the 'scary and mean' dragon shows up, it really isn't very scary and resolves fairly quickly. The visual gags are cute and keep your kid's attention and adults find it amusing too. This is very well done and I recommend it, despite its lack of educational value.