Parent reviews for Santa Claws

Animal-centric holiday flick has jumbled plot, bad acting.

Parent of a 4, 7, and 9-year-old Written byPenny S. March 3, 2017

Should be a 1 star....

I would have rated this movie a 1 star, but my 4 and 6 year old actually really liked it. The acting is bad, and the scene set-ups in some instances are amateurish (you can actually see the fabric move in the snow scene with the cats, and the mom almost takes out the stair railing in another scene). I would caution about the language as there were quite a few mild swear words . So, depending on the age of your children and your tolerance for mild language, you may want to avoid this ....
Parent of a 2, 8, and 12-year-old Written byCJ B. December 15, 2019

Allergy Scene

My main complaint is a scene where Santa eats a peanut butter cookie, and they give him epinephrine in an old style syringe with a huge needle (not an auto injector such as EpiPen). It shows the mom reach back and stab him violently, then cuts to him screaming so loud it's heard outside. The pain of the epinephrine shot is played for laughs.

I'm glad my peanut-allergic child got bored of this movie an hour ago and walked out of the room. I turned it off. Allergies aren't funny and KIDS SHOULD NOT BE TAUGHT TO FEAR EPINEPHRINE! If a kid sees that pain and becomes too afraid to use their EpiPen, they would die! At first I thought "wow Santa has allergies just like you," but what a waste of a concept.

Other complaints: The mom is a complete psychopath. The neighbor started out kind of nice but ended up totally creepy. The kittens called Santa fat which wasn't that bad, they just said it was his jolliness, but then there was a fat girl cast as a Syd-esque villain, and they pointed it out as if it was what tipped them off that are was bad news.

I could look past the bad acting, but it just became more and more problematic.

Parent Written byHbearcares December 19, 2018

Really regret watching this with my 6 years

This movie
1) introduces “Santa isn’t real” idea early on
2) has terrible writing and low budget video
3) isn’t funny to me or my daughter
4) and regularly models inconsiderate behavior between characters... mom treats son disrespectfully, son resents mother audibly behind her back, neighbor is creepy, immature and uses insulting language like “stupid.” Nothing officially cursing... just disrespectful.

basically the movie was painful to watch and it was nothing I’d want my daughter to model.
Adult Written byEmma B. December 30, 2017

Age appropriate innocent fun for Santa Believers, Little Kids and Cat Lovers

This is a film for Santa Believers and Cat Lovers. My kids think its 'Silly!' and they say this laughingly as they adore it. There is no violence, no cruelty, and a message about keeping the Christmas Spirit alive. The mom who gets teased for saying she saw Santa when she was little regains her faith with the help of her neighbour [neighbourly values]. The cute little kittens end up delivering Santa's presents [teamwork and loving each other for who we are]. It is innocent entertainment, with age appropriate, uncomplex humour :) I can clearly see that my kids love it, and I can see why. It is innocent enough that kids can watch it unattended... and all ages can watch it up to 8 years old.
Parent Written byKristin R. December 2, 2017

Santa spoiler

We turned this off after 30minutes. I was watching with my 6 year old and the parent in the movie tells her child that Santa doesn't exist more than once. She's also a mean spirited parent which is the excuse I used to turn it off.
Adult Written byMrs.Grey December 9, 2019

Don't waste your time.

Apart from the stupid storyline, the horrible acting, the seriously unfunny script this movie annoyed me so much for introducing the idea that Santa isn't real to my 6 and 4 year olds!
It should be rated PG and not U.
Thanks for the awkward questions.
Parent of a 1-year-old Written byJProctor666 December 20, 2019

Kittens are cute, but this movie isn't...

I've noticed that nearly every parent who reviews this movie complains that it introduces their children to the concept that Santa doesn't exist and that some people don't believe in him. I have no problem with that since it's the truth that there is no longer a living person named Santa Claus, much less an immortal being who flies around the earth delivering gifts to every good, Christian child in the world over the course of 24-odd hours. Whether you choose to lie to your children or not, they should learn to be familiar with the concept that not everyone believes in Santa Claus. There are numerous people that they could meet at any time who are Jewish, Atheist, Muslim, conservative Christian, or who belong to any number of other non-Santa believing religions. You can't shelter them from it forever...in fact the film Miracle on 34th Street also introduces children to this concept, and it's one of the greatest holiday films of all-time. This film however is one of the WORST holiday films. The plot is all over the place and the characters' motivations barely make any sense. Also nearly everyone in this film is a horrible person. I only gave it 2 stars because it has cute kittens in it and my almost-2-year-old daughter enjoyed watching them. Otherwise it's not really worth your time...there may not be a lot of holiday movies about cats, but I'd 100% recommend Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever over this one. That actually IS one of the best holiday movies I've ever seen, and I'd give it 5-stars! So now that you've heard my opinion on the good and bad points of this film, I'd actually like to count it introducing kids to the concept that not everyone believes in Santa Claus as a feature in it's favor.
Adult Written byJowoos December 19, 2019

Makes light of allergies

Pretty rubbish film overall, but the one thing I wanted to highlight was at one point in the film Santa has a peanut cookie and has an allergic reaction.

This is a pretty distressing scene done for laughs.
My daughter, who has a nut allergy, didn’t sleep that night scared after the way it was shown in the film.

Really quite furious. Don’t waste your time
Adult Written byElrondaragorn October 7, 2019

Thought it was a comedy

I thought it was a comedy and enjoyed it in that light thinking that some other reviewer’s were taking it too seriously but after going to the Internet movie database And seeing people there had the same reaction I have to agree that it was a little sappy and silly And a bit stupid But if taken as comedy it works well.

Parent of a 3 and 5-year-old Written byMary D. December 19, 2018

Says Santa is not real in first few minutes

Within the first few minutes, the mean-spirited spirited Mom very convincingly tells her son that Santa is not real, and that he was made up by a soda company. This would have NEVER occurred to my 5-year-old, and I immediately regretted that she heard that. I was able to get away from it and ahutit off using the excuses that the movie itaeit was weird and the Mom was mean.
Adult Written byColel December 12, 2018

Weird plot and unlikeable adults

I don’t understand why the writers decided to make the adults in this movie so unlikeable. The mom character is really terrible. The acting is terrible. Special effects are very low budget. Compared to similar kids films like Santa Paws this is a bad cash grab. No reason to watch it.