All parent member reviews for Scary Movie 5

Adult Written bySkifcha April 16, 2013

Boring and not worth the money.

I saw this movie with my husband and it was pretty boring. There were a group of children sitting in front of us probably not much older than 12, and they were laughing at everything. Part of me thinks this movie was made for that age group simply because all of the adult humor is so dry and bland no one who could understand it would laugh and anyone else wouldn't get the joke and wouldn't laugh either.
Parent Written byDan G. April 17, 2013

Unfit for human consumption of any age group.

Aside from being an unfunny, stupid, and gross movie, it is just one objectionable thing after another for children. Nudity and sex, explicit homosexual behavior, poop 'jokes' out the wazoo, religious irreverence, profanity, f-words, and other rude and crude language.
Parent Written byHello2222 November 27, 2013

READ

This movie was pretty funny and parents keep this in mind this movie is NOT R its PG-13 some language f---k is side once and s---t is said a few times. There are some sexual references but nothing like and R rated movie couple of the sexual references are mild. This movie would be ok for kids 11 and up
Parent of an infant, 5, 7, 10, 14, and 18 year old Written byJoejoejoejoe April 27, 2013

Funny!!!

Amazing hilarious
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great April 17, 2013

Horrible

Terrible movie
Parent Written byShivom Oza April 16, 2013

Scary Movie 5 (2013) Review by Shivom Oza – WATCH, Only If You Prefer This Genre!

‘Scary Movie 5’ is the fifth film in the ‘Scary Movie’ series. Presenting its brand of unbridled crass humour, the film spoofs renowned names such as ‘Paranormal Activity’, ‘Mama’, ‘The Cabin In The Woods’, ‘Evil Dead’, ‘Inception’, ‘Sinister’, ‘Black Swan’, ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’, ‘Insidious’ and ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’. I frankly believe that the ‘Scary Movie’ series is not supposed to be taken seriously. So, those looking for cinematic brilliance, go watch something else. The film encompasses innumerable cringe-worthy scenes, abundant toilet humour, fair amount of obscenity and the lamest of gags. However, they do manage to entertain. So, the purpose is served. You will find this film immensely funny, if you have a fair idea about the aforementioned sources, which have been parodied. There’s a small gag at the beginning of the film, involving Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan. This is a fairly silly, yet funny, rip-off of the ‘Paranormal Activity’ series. Lohan gets possessed and ends up killing Charlie. The couple’s 3 children are trapped inside the dingy-looking ‘Cabin in the Woods’. They are encountered by Snoop Dogg and Mac Miller, who initially visit the Cabin hoping to score some fine weed. The kids, who have grown to become a bit animal-like and eerie in their mannerisms under the influence of their ‘Mama’, are taken in by their uncle Dan Sanders (Simon Rex) and his partner Jody Sanders (Ashley Tisdale). Thereafter, most of the film is a take-off on the Jessica Chastain horror film, with the occasional tribute (?) thrown in to films such as ‘Inception’, ‘Black Swan’ etc. This film is what you would call ‘time pass’ in colloquial terms. Certainly, this film would be a better bet than watching a big-budget drag of a sci-fi film or a listless, meandering, meaningful (self-proclaimed) motion picture. Watch out for the rip-roaring sequences involving the couple’s Hispanic house-help, Maria (Lidia Porto). The lead actress of the film, Ashley Tisdale looks stunning and is absolutely hilarious. The take-offs on ‘Black Swan’ are also certain to evoke guffaws from the audiences. The special appearances (Snoop Dogg, Mike Tyson, Usher, Bow Wow among others) perfectly get tailored into the insane plot. There’s humour involving sex, dope, faeces, ghosts, amputated body parts, the works! This film was unabashedly, and unapologetically, silly. Yet, it was funny. Plus, it’s only 86 minutes! Shivom Oza
Parent of a 6 and 16 year old Written byslendyman October 31, 2013

I'm dead

I've wtached this when it came out on the big screen I have to say very funny. Not as bad as Harold and Kumar escape from guantanmo bay (no full frontle in Scary Movie 5 or any nudity) \Sex jokes come on parents your kids hear crap like that at school and language any ways. For 10 and up yes.
Adult Written byTeensOpinion17 July 13, 2015

My type of movie...

I sat down and watched this movie recently...it started off slow with the funny parts. However as time ticked by it got much better and funnier...wackier and crazier... The thing with these movies is that you have to understand what movie they're spoofing to get a laugh out of it otherwise youre just gonna sit there thinking okay...what's meant to be funny about this? All in all I enjoyed it and it's worth a watch if you like slapstick comedy. If not, I wouldn't advise you to watch this.