Kid reviews for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Scary but very entertaining movie based on classic books.

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2019

Pretty Good

This movie was pretty good, it was more suspenseful than scary. The effects were done well and there were like 5 or 6 jump-scares. Kids who are sensitive should wait to see this movie because it might haunt them. Overall it was a pretty good movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLp2007 September 30, 2020

Pretty good

It is a good movie I watched in the movie theaters and I did get scared more than once . If you are thinking about watching this movie I say just go for it. It's good to watch with your family and it does not have anything bad.
Kid, 12 years old September 15, 2020

Great movie!

This movie was great! loved the suspense, the jump scares, and especially the main story line. It isn't super frighting , but it is very well made.
I recommend this. MUST WATCH!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byarmystay08 August 25, 2020

Such a good family scary movie night movie

This movie is overall pretty scary so I wouldn't recommend for kids who get scared easily.

Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2020

pretty good, but terrifying!

When I went to see the movie, I thought it would be like the book, which is good and just the right amount of creepy. But when I got to the theater and watched the movie, I got nightmares for a month. There are many disturbing images and should be rated R. There are also gross scenes that include teens being killed and/or hurt. If you do not like scary or disturbing movies, this is not for you. I love horror and action, but this was still too much for me.
Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2019

BEST MOVIE EVER

This is a great movie that anyone who loves a bit of jump scares should watch!
It is mostly blood less. The monsters are scary enough for the movie not to need blood.
I recommend this to everyone!
Teen, 13 years old Written bythis is riddikkulus May 12, 2021

Good halloween movie!

You should know that there's a lotof violence in this movie, but I watched it when I was 13 and was fine.
As for language, I only remember one use of "s--t" but it was a while ago so...

Teen, 14 years old Written byThegirlreveiw April 16, 2021

Good

It's not that scary there's not alot of gross stuff. The back story of the villan is pretty scary. A few cuss words but not bad. Really good movie

Kid, 11 years old April 11, 2021

Not really scary

This film was fairly boring and not that scary. It had a bit of swearing and some other stuff.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2021

A good movie.

It's not a bad movie, im sure a child younger than 12 would be a bit traumatized though, due to some scenes. for example *spoilers ahead* one of the main character's sister gets a big pimple and it turns out to be a spider crawling out of her face, then more come out. it takes place sometime in the 1950s during halloween. there's occasional swearing, and a little bit of violence and smoking/drinking .

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviemaniac21 April 4, 2021

good but not too scary

The only reason I gave it a 4 star rating is that it could be way scarier and better and less cheesy. Little violence, language, sexual content, and drugs. Great clean movie for Horror Movie lovers and horror movie newbies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynotmyrealname27 March 3, 2021

Soft horror with jump scares

I watched it when I was 11 and was not that scared (the jump scares did make me flinch). After I showed it to my 8 year old little brother and he was also not scared. If you are scared really easily I do not suggest it. This is as scary as Goosebumps.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2021

Good for first time horror movie.

Yeah it's pretty good. Talks about suicide and neglect so make sure your kid understands that. It's not too scary but has relatable characters. I love the main character, Stella, because she's kind of a quirky introvert like me, maybe it's just puberty though idk ;/

Teen, 14 years old Written bySlithering Viper06 February 12, 2021

Really Well done!

The director is really good tells many great stories from the trilogy of books. Monsters are scary in a good manner. One part of the movie scared the poop out of me. Might watch again. ;0

Kid, 10 years old February 11, 2021

Brilliant film very scary

Scary stories to tell in the dark is one of the scariest films I have seen so far but common sense says it as 14 it does have a few violent parts and a few naughty words but it is ok for 10 and up.

Teen, 16 years old Written bywQWEQWEQW January 31, 2021

Scary stories to tell in the dark Review

This horror film is well done and very creepy. It combines old school horror cliches such as haunted houses, evil books, and sterotypes with fear inducing scenes and classic jumpscares. Expect some gory imagery such as a pimple exploding with bugs, someone eating a stew with body parts, vomiting, stabbing, and nightmarish imagery. There are some curses, but very few. A few sexual refrences and suggestive imagery, and use of alcohol. A great expierence for all who want to be scared!

Teen, 17 years old Written byShowman movie13 December 27, 2020

Scary, entertaining, but not for young ones!

This movie was fine to watch - and it was scary. This movie was (some-what) entertaining but over all this movie is a movie you could probably miss out on! The scares/violence in here is creepy and scary to watch! Young kids could have nightmare on this movie and there is plenty of swearing included. This movie is not for young ones but teens! Over-all this movie is fine, interesting, and scary. Not for young kids - for sure! A PG-13 horror movie seems a bit too scary!

Teen, 15 years old Written bySeagulls19 December 19, 2020

Masterpiece in Horror!

One of the best horror films that I've ever seen! Definitely recommend!

Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2020

It has three "sh" words and one "h" word but other then that its kid friendly.

Its a really fun scary movie for your family.
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2020

Frightening!

I think that Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark is very frightening but suitable for young kids. It includes teamwork as well, but if you're under the age of 10, don't watch this.