Kid reviews for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Scary but very entertaining movie based on classic books.

Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2019

Pretty Good

This movie was pretty good, it was more suspenseful than scary. The effects were done well and there were like 5 or 6 jump-scares. Kids who are sensitive should wait to see this movie because it might haunt them. Overall it was a pretty good movie.

Kid, 11 years old August 9, 2019

BEST MOVIE EVER

This is a great movie that anyone who loves a bit of jump scares should watch!
It is mostly blood less. The monsters are scary enough for the movie not to need blood.
I recommend this to everyone!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymurdermystery November 27, 2019

Great, But Creepy....

SCARY STORIES TO TELL IN THE DARK is a creepy film that contains some use of language and violence. The main thing parents will need to know about are the horror themes. The film was creepy.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBeanies_and_Bowties November 6, 2019

Really Good

I went to see this movie for my birthday and it was really good. If you are looking for a good scare don't bother going to see this movie. It's a little spooky but great.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySugar.Waffle October 30, 2019

Holy Jesus

So, listen here. I've seen really scary horror movies. So I thought that going to see this one would be no big deal, because it's PG-13. I was so wrong. Let's just say I was a nervous wreck the whole time. As soon as I saw the first scene, I knew I couldn't take it, and looked away for all the scary parts. I wanted to run out of the theater like a six year old. But on another note, that's it's job. So, great scare factor, but the trailer is misleading. So much scarier than it seems. When I got home, I was shaking, on edge, and I had a small panic attack. I never get like this after watching a movie, but this was so much different.
Teen, 16 years old Written byVaderbengal October 28, 2019

BEST MOVIE EVER!

Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark is an amazing movie for brave tweens or teens. I would not recommend it to sensitive kids because the characters and monsters may be scary to look at. Few swear words including s***.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLuxy Productions October 26, 2019

In my opinion, the age rating for this movie was incorrectly rated.

The explicit violence in this movie, is in my opinion, unnecessary.
The same effect of a fear could be achieved by implying the violence, but not necessarily showing it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLol.lol.lol.lol October 24, 2019

Just a questioned

What are the kids ages in the movie. But other than that it was a great movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byThunderWing October 20, 2019

A quirky and unsettling frightfest

Scary Stories To Tell in the Dark is an action packed, intense and very frightfully quirky horror film. It contains a few intense scenes including a man that gets turned into a scarecrow (he is stabbed through the chest with a pitchfork and then proceeds to pull out hay from his mouth while he splutters and chokes) another scene in the movie involves a vomit-inducing pimple on a girls cheek that hundreds of spiders burst out of, leaving her to wriggle around on the ground screaming as they envelope her. There are a few expletives in the film (mostly s---). Sexual references include one of the characters stating that he's never had sex before, the term 'stiffy' is also used once. This film is a good watch for teens over 14...

Kid, 12 years old October 19, 2019

BRILLIANT!!!

I love the jumpscares and how its not too scary but still gives you the chills.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMOVIEFANATIC011507 September 25, 2019

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark: Review

now this was a scary film but not that scary i still was entertained by it and i enjoyed the film but this is not for a younger audience it has a few scares and some parts are just disturbing. Overall 8.7/10.
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2019

Good movie.

This movie is good. There are a few jumpscares but no serious scary scenes. Fun movie for tweens and teens who enjoy a good jumpscare.

Teen, 14 years old Written byMarchewa September 18, 2019
Teen, 13 years old Written byyeetusthatfeetus September 17, 2019

Great creepy movie for 10 year olds

I liked this movie a lot. In fact I saw it twice. I didn't find it scary though. The only reason I am giving it a 11+ rating is because my friend had to leave the theatre she got so scared. but BEWARE! some scenes can be quite disturbing such as (SPOILERS) when tommy gets stabbed by Harold and the entire jangly man scene. Not much profanity and a pretty decent movie. I would definitely recommend!
Kid, 10 years old September 9, 2019

BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD!

This is my favorite movie not to scary and I love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byConkltay1 September 1, 2019

Good Movie!

I think this movie can be really scary at some points but for the most part it isn’t that violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkidzingy10 August 31, 2019

Worth watching!

I watched this film at the cinema and thought it was great! If you enjoy horror movies you will love this. Sound effects are amazing and tie the movie together creating atmosphere. I think this is suitable for anyone above 11. This film doesn’t really have any cursing or gore. If you have a child that is ok with a scary movie and you know it won’t frighten them they’ll be fine but overall brilliant film

RECOMMENDED
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileebrookes August 29, 2019

Really good!!

It was a really good movie and I hate horror movies my friends and I saw it and it was really good the trailer is misleading and WAY scarier than the actual movie!! I think that young teens would enjoy it
Teen, 15 years old Written byShootingstar2018 August 28, 2019

Great for mature 13 year olds and up

Teen, 13 years old Written byTheatre.kid August 25, 2019

Scared Me To Death

Alright, Alright. I’ve seen some pretty scary movies, like Us, It, and I saw this yesterday thinking it was going to be no big deal. I was wrong. I looked away for every creepy scene. I wanted to leave the theater. I had my ears plugged almost the whole time. When I got home I was actually shaking and on edge. But regardless, they did a really good job with the effects and the scare factor. And it is the scariest movie I’ve ever watched in my life.