Kid reviews for Scent of a Woman

Scent of a Woman Poster Image

Great Acting In Pacino Film

Getting by one very explicit talk about sex, and the occasional language, this movie is fantastic. The acting is the greatest of his career. The intense scenes are too much for kids though.

scent of a woman

really good role models

Classic film has lots of swearing, sex dialogue, mature themes, and drinking but lots of positive messages and role models

Classic film has swearing, mature themes, and sex references, but lots of positive messages/role models

Good performance from Al Pacino "Hoo Ah"

Great performance but there are mature themes in the movie such as suicidal thoughts, alcohol etc. But it also teaches us good things such as integrity, responsibility and courage. There are no sex, nudity and violence but there is a lot of swearing.

no nudity

i really liked this movie we were trying to find a good family move to watch and looked on this and there was nos nudity so we tried it and WOW great movie jut like 50 f bombs but other then that great ending

Excellent movie with amazing performances which is just enough to make me say "hoo-ah"...but has some strong language.

This movie is definitely one of the best 90's movies yet. The screenplay is awesome, and the acting was incredible, especially for Al Pacino, who won the oscar for best actor in a leading role. It was his performance that made the whole 2 1/2 hours enjoyable. There is no surprise, that this movie was nominated for the best picture of 1992, but even if it didn't win, it is still a wonderful work of art. Highly recommend it, even if it isn't thanksgiving. 9.5/10

Al Pacino's oscar winning performance!

Scent of a Woman is a great story about a high school student and a blind man who go on a moving journey together. The kid Al Pacino's character is with helps him while his family is gone to make some money and it's a great story. Swearing is heard throughout different parts of the movie as well as some sexual references. There's one scene that implies that sex is happening offscreen but it's not a big concern. Al Pacino's character drinks a lot throughout the movie. The only violence would be when Al Pacino's character attacks his nephew for being rude to him and when he's about to shoot himself and the kid. So I would say kids 11 up would be able to see this due to the language.

"Scent of a Woman" movie review

"Scent of a Woman" is a beautiful and emotional film. Al Pacino won his first and only Oscar(R) for this movie. I will talk about how I feel about that later. The movie is so well-acted and well-scripted. The screenplay for this movie is absolutely incredible. "Scent of a Woman" relies a lot on Al Pacino's performance as blind Lieutenant Colonel Frank Slade. How is his performance? Absolutely phenomenal would be the answer. This is a such an emotional performance. This man is gruff and harsh but towards the end, he becomes a nicer man. The movie has a beautiful message of how even though one messes up once in life, it is not worth dying for. Chris O'Donnell was good in the movie but Al Pacino was the show-stealer for this movie. The last 30 minutes was perfect filmmaking. Lt. Col. Frank Slade gives a breath-taking speech. I absolutely agreed with it and thought what he said was absolutely correct. The movie is serene and beautiful. I think that Al Pacino has had better performances but this is still one of his best to date. I think that Tom Cruise gave a better performance in "A Few Good Men" and should have won the Oscar(R) for "Best Actor in a Leading Role" at the 1992 Academy Awards(R). That being said, Al Pacino comes in as a close second. "Scent of a Woman" is a movie everyone has to see at least once in their life. I really enjoyed it and think it is a film every film class in America should study.