Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed

Milder than the 1st, but not Scooby-snack worthy.

Adult Written bythe movie lover May 29, 2011

Great for little kids

I loved it! my little 9 month old laughes at the monsters They are so funny! LOL
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Not as adult, but it sill has some iffy content.

Violence: Scary looking monsters. Some fighting. Sex: Mild.

Parent of a 3 year old Written byCORN ROX February 21, 2010
This movie is just plain strange. I haven't seen it in forever though. The acting is okay though. Better than I can act. I just don't think they should be trying to make cartoons into movies. It doesn't work. Oh, yeah and another thing is that I broke the 100% role on all the parents who thought this movie was Inappropriate. Thats the only reason I reviewed this asinine movie. Oh yeah and the only part I like was BEJEEBERS!!!!!! Other wise this movie was hopelessly an easy-to-fall-a-sleep-to bash!
Adult Written byhouseelf89 April 9, 2008

Groovy, baby

BETTER THEN THE FIRST ONE! I thought this movie was going to stink but it didn't. I mainly love the inside jokes, Like Shaggy is like a stoner and Valma is like gay, it's good. Scooby Doo says some funny lines in this one Sscoob, what did you come up with?" Shaggy asks and Scooby shows him a picture of a badly drown bunny and says "bunny!"
Adult Written byACW1423 September 20, 2013

What a Sequel is Supposed to "Doo"!

I think this is a perfect homage to the classic Scooby-Doo shows, including some nods to others like "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo". The only thing I would gripe about would be that this film doesn't welcome anyone wanting to become a fan. Instead, it's based on everything you remember growing up with Mystery Inc. In other words, a giant nostalgia trip with some new meaning to the characters. Perfect for those who grew up with Scooby-Doo, confusing for everyone else.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byCwf1997 January 6, 2019

An outstanding kid-friendly live-action Scooby-Doo movie!

The movie is quite relevant in a post-Trump era where news can make people feel bad and encourages kids to be themselves and eventually do acts of kindness despite some cartoony violence and insults.

Parent Written byKaylee C. March 7, 2017

Parent approved!

This is a harmless movie my 10-month-old sits here and watch it at bedtime and she's not scared of the monsters yes there are some references but what's a seven-year-old going to understand about some references I didn't know about it until I was in my late teens if you're a true Scooby Doo fan like I am I grew up with Scooby Doo the cartoon and these movies it will be perfectly fine for your children to watch it's not going to influence them to do anything it's not that type of movie . if anything it'll influence them to get outside and do something fun and be investigators like them. It's just supposed to be a silly show

Adult Written byDr.Pepper November 12, 2010

Not as good as the first, but still watchable

It still has the same scary action that little kids might find frightening. The good news is there are no real swear words. Only pseudo-swears like "crap" "freaking" and "sucks". It has some mild sexual references that are likely to go over little kids' heads. Also the typical crude humor such as farting.

Adult Written byjcarole April 9, 2008

Getting Shaggy with It

Okay, this movie is just fun. My daughter and I loved the first film and this one is just as good (okay, relative to Scooby Doo movies!). There are a few scary parts but if you child isn't a scaredy-cat, then they aren't a problem. It's silly and fast-paced with great costumes. And Shaggy and Scooby are up to their usual tricks. Don't over analyze, just get some popcorn and Red Vines and settle in for fun!
Adult Written byjackg April 9, 2008