All parent member reviews for Scooby-Doo

Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byMonicaMom August 28, 2009

It seems like other raters including CommonSense Media didn't actually watch the movie! I only saw the last half, maybe less, and it was awful. It was scary and violent for young children, but to me that wasn't the worst part. Many girls were dressed in very skimpy clothes (extremely short shorts, lots of cleavage showing, etc.). After reading the CommonSense Media rating, I let my 8-year-old daughter watch the movie with her father because she likes Scooby-Doo. As only one other rater seemed to notice, there was a part where Fred and Daphne's bodies were switched. Fred, inside Daphne's body, said very happily/sexily: "Hey, I can look at myself naked!" while he (she) looked down and smiled at Daphne's breasts/cleavage. Then Daphne, in Fred's body, watched Fred (in her body) touch himself and said "get your hands off me!" but Fred was very disrespectful, wouldn't listen to her and kept touching her body (which he was in). Later she said "Fred keeps touching me!" There was also one subtle reference to drugs/being high that I noticed, when Fred's character says to Shaggy (in a paranoid voice like someone who is high and hallucinating), "Listen Man, someone must've spiked my root beer last night!" Then he assumes it's a bad trip and he's high and asks Shaggy to help him come down from his drug high he thinks he's on: "Talk me down, man, talk me down"!
Adult Written bysupermonkey9440 February 17, 2012

Pretty Good!

I loved it! It's not an Oscar winner, but they did a great job casting live versions of the animated characters, and the plot was pretty good. I'm 18, and I still love it.
Adult Written byaidans1 August 7, 2015
Adult Written byhelsingmusique October 6, 2014

It's Quite Ironic Actually

I enjoyed this film when I was younger, of course now I see the flaws from the horrible CGI, to the script to the actual villain, however I still enjoy this film perhaps on nostalgia feelings. Ironically however, this live action movie with the second one turned out to be the better of the two as the live action series was rebooted a few years back and the CGI got worse somehow. The sexual content in this movie I find will go over kids heads, they won't get the double meanings, it doesn't matter to them they are more focused on the story than the sexual innuendos.
Parent Written byRoznar July 27, 2012

It's not Scooby-Doo. It's something bad.

Adult Written byChuck Reid March 16, 2012

Great adapation of a great cartoon!

This movie was SO COOL! The characters were funny as well as the jokes.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Pushing the limits of PG.

Violence: The creatures may scare kids. Some intense scences, espacially for a PG rated film. Sex: When Fred gets inside Daphines body he says "Hey. I can look at myself naked". Some other sex related issues.
Adult Written bytalfonso July 10, 2010

Disgusting, Yet Good!

Although I don't recommend this movie for those under ten, this movie is a great watch! The part when Scrappy urinates on Daphne cracks me up every time!
Adult Written byhdofu December 8, 2009

Not really for kids, more a satire for older Fans

In all honesty this movie is not appropriate for children at all. To start off, they play Velma off as a Lesbian, there are blatant references to pot smoking (Shaggy is with a girl named Mary Jane for crying out loud). The movie could have been good had they targeted adults or just significantly cut back the toilet humor, (the farting contest and burping contest really ruined it for me). Overall if you watched scooby doo as a kid, put the kids to bed before watching this if you don't want them exposed to stuff bordering on PG-13.
Parent of a 10 year old Written bygeorges113 October 5, 2009

i'm now seing the movie i wrote what i saw :) PARENTS READ it'll HELP

daphne looks too s*xy to grumpy different from the usual daphne... fred is egoist and also very different... disappointing... Daphne says at the beginning "im having a "wedgie" (underwear stuck inside her) wearing visible tight underwear "it dosent stop touching my... (and dosen't continue) word meant here is "A*S" talking about the ghost carrying her. Fred says "I'm a man of substance; dork chicks like you turn me on, too" fred is a womanizer and shaggy too farting and burping competition (huge extended one) between shaggy and scooby Shaggy says marry jane is his favorite name and is like over happy to hear that the girl he likes is named like this mary jane = marijuana Scrappy when saying "puppy power" at the same time pisses on Daphne in a kind of iffy disturbing disgusting way She then says "oh god he's peeing on me !!" and he says "ooww" in a happy proud way,,,, Fred says : no urinating on daphne fred says to scooby " when u cleaned ur beans..." i don't know what comes to the mind in this phrase but it dosn't seem nice.. "ur mom eats cat poop" said twice by shaggy and scooby Fred says " hey i could look at myself naked" when possessing daphne's body and then has a peak on his/her breasts then he starts touching himself including breasts and daphne in fred's body screams to "stop" touching her "Fred keeps touching me" again.. a guy trying to get shaggy shaggy accidently hits him on his genital area, the reaction of the man is explicit "kicking b*tt" + iffy clothing and some drinking + zombies and souls monsters real ones not masked people i won't let my 10 year old sister watch this useless movie...
Adult Written bynduns August 2, 2009

It's okay

Not a great film, but it did manage to make me laugh. WHY DID SCRAPPY HAVE TO BE THE VILLAIN!? A) He's an annoying character and B) He's not supposed to be evil. Where did the writers get this idea that Scrappy's arch-nemesis is Scooby? I thought Scooby was his hero. Now to mention something I'm amazed Commonsense missed as the film put a lot of emphasis on it during certain aspects: Sexual jokes involving Daphne and Fred. In one scene, Fred ends up in Daphne's body and grins saying "I can see myself naked" and there's constant scenes in which Daphne keeps telling Fred to "stop touching her". Seriously, CS, how do you not notice this stuff?
Adult Written byflowerblossom April 9, 2008

its not that scary

I dont think this movie is that scary, or maybe its my kids? They find scooby doo hilarious, and mostly because they love the dog itself.... in this movie he dances and is a big goof ball as usual, which the kids love. My kids don't tend to be scared of much though, and we talk a lot about how movies are made and that they are not real and we often watch "the making of" part of the dvd. My kids have a very realistic view of what is fantasy and what is real... so as with any movie, just talk about it with your kids.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Kids will love this

I wouldn't be too worried about this scaring your kids. When I was about 9 I was absolutely obsessed with scooby doo, and I LOVED this movie. I remember actually being upset that it wasn't scarier. I pored over the deleted scenes that they had to take out to keep the movie at a PG level. I don't think many teens will like this, but if your kids love scooby doo, definitely give this a try.