All parent member reviews for Secret Window

Adult Written byIheartJohnny April 9, 2008

I LOVED this movie

If you are someone who doesn't do well with violence this is not a great movie for you. But most of the violence is implied and not actually shown. As usual, Johnny Depp gives and amazing performance. I think that this is a GREAT movie for someone my age and I HIGHLY recomend it
Adult Written byHonestreviewer October 22, 2010

Decent

Pretty good movie. Reason i said 15+ is cause i dunno if someone much younger would really get it. Some violence, you see the dog after it gets killed. Some other stuff, but nothing excessive i'd say. It's pretty trippy, so if you're into that kind of stuff, i'd say go for it.
Adult Written byterra100 February 4, 2010

Slow-moving Stephan King Movie

If you like Stephan King, then this movie is okay. Otherwise, very slow moving. Some violence. When you watch the director's featurette, you can understand more of the film -- quite artsy actually. Johnny Depp carries the film -- as always, a fascinating actor.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bymischiefmanaged... August 15, 2009

Not for children 12 and below but give teens more credit

I loved it, it is so sad these days when people need their movies and literature spoon fed to them thre were two titles in the movie but in real life there are four titles as the movie was made from a book,books There was "Four Past Midnight", "Two Past Midnight"," Secret Window Secret Garden", and Finally the movie, "Secret Window" I found "Four After Midnight" and I have in my possession in my storage that I tripped gingerly across at a thrift store and remembered that it had another book title as well as a movie title and I actually found it. Strangely enough the title was something like three minutes after midnight and I had heard that the title originally had a different minute value after midnight than the book that I found in the thrift shop that contained that story. So there is even more substance to this movie than just simpltons views of oh it just has bad language an animal gets killed which was not my favorite part and people get killed. I think those lame reviews of a movie that they really don't know the background to should never be recycled unless they shred those that are not worthy of a really good suspense movie, and as always a brilliant performance by Johnny Depp. With just enough humor to relax you and catch youoff guard. If all people are going to do is rate it because they have kids not everyone has kids and the movie should stand on it's own merit and maybe they should go back to watching Tele Tubbies!
Adult Written byheartXcore April 9, 2008

The end is what is most disappointing

My friend made her own version of this movie which I acted in as the blonde lawyer. Heh, anyway, her version ended happily with a bit of an odd twist. When I finally watched her "inspiration" for her movie, I was saddened. The movie catches your interest slowly at first and then holds on to it during the middle and all the way up to the end. The guy is being threatened with death unless he changes the ending of a story he supposedly copied from the creepy man doing the threatening. As it turns out, this violent creepy man is a figment of the main character's imagination. The story he is writing is his own, and the ending is that he murders his ex-wife and plants a cornfield where he buried her remains, and then eats the corn in a sort of evil delight. I was creeped out, definitely. Not for anyone under 13 who is frightened by terror scenes, etc.
Adult Written bybroadwaybaby April 9, 2008

I've got some advice for you:

Just hit the handy little "Scene Selections" button on your remote and skip to the very end, when the credits roll. That's the most interesting part.