All parent member reviews for Seven Pounds

Adult Written byYasmin1232 February 4, 2012

Fab.fab.fab

Fab film but for children under the age of really 13 I think would be a bit upset with what happens as you see him comit suicide but overall great film really enjoyed it.
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

lots of good points 12 and over

its one of those movies thats trying to show a good point and it did good movie truth is its kind if sad it might break your heart it all depense on you 12 and over
Parent of a 13 year old Written byprotectingminds August 21, 2009

Adult Written bylisasasa June 5, 2009

I always like watching Will Smith and thought he did an excellent job portraying someone so sad... It was hard to comprehend the point of the story until near the end and then the realization of what he is doing is so gripping & compelling, I too, like another reviewer, almost could have sat through it again to see how the story was told when you really "knew" what it was about. I don't think it's a teenager movie, their thought processes are too black & white & they are too impressionable to comprehend such sadness & such "gifts". But I wouldn't demean the movie as morally flawed. People ARE morally flawed. It's not an educational movie designed to encourage breaking the law & commiting suicide. Nor is it a betrayal or phony to fall in love with the right person at the wrong time or to not be able to forgive yourself or a terrible mistake. Ultimatley, it was an entertaining, intriguing movie on a complex emotional adult level. Definitely not the Will Smith of Hancock or the Man in Black nor the Fresh Prince.
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byDebster460 April 19, 2009

Great movie for older kids...

This movie is great for older kids 13+. They would need to understand that this man cannot take back what he has done but gives totally of himself to help others feeling this is the only way to make some sort of amends for what he has done. Will is one of my favorite actors and what a message he brings to the screen.
Adult Written byPhilly30 March 31, 2009

Long Depressing Movie---Will Smith is Really Good

Long depressing movie. Some good moments. Will Smith and some of the other characters have some great moments.
Adult Written byshyplatano February 23, 2009

miguel's review:)

I Loved this movie and think Will is a gifted actor. This was a different role for him, and i believe he was overlooked in the oscar race. It is a little depressing, but you have to understand it is just a movie, and its a really touching drama. I highly recommend it, if you love Will Smith's movies.
Adult Written bybrendaH January 13, 2009

Will Smith Excellance!

While I must admit that in my eyes Will Smith can do no wrong so I am slightly prejudiced :), I will try to give a straightforward, unbiased review. I thought while a very different and uncharacteristic role for him, Will played it with extreme skill! The movie was very confusing until about 3/4 of the way through but that was clearly stated in any pre- opening ads. Once everything came together, it was apparent that Wills portayal of Ben is of his usual acadamey-award-winning caliber. The message carried some amazing and intense messages. The way in which he died at the end was admittedly a little distubing so I would not take a young child to see it, but the message was good. I would think that the movie should be fine for any one over the age of 15 or so.
Parent of a 7, 13, and 14 year old Written bymom2bjm January 2, 2009

Depressing!

I did not see it, but my daughters, ages 13 and 14 did. They are sorry they saw it because of how depressing it was. I am sorry that I did not research the movie first.
Adult Written bymisslindsay January 1, 2009

Amazing movie.

I loved this movie. It is a tear-jerker and very thought-provoking; I disagree that it encourages or promotes suicide. A bit long; too confusing for pre-teen or child audiences to reliably follow. Great for older teens or adults.
Adult Written bymargret15 December 28, 2008

poison for Christmas

Depressing, violent, unnecessary. It presents suicide as a gift to others, an option to overcome guilt and depression. Marketed as a Christmas gift, an uplifting movie. I would beg to differ. I think it is the sort of movie you would really need to have a talk with after your kids see it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written bymongepedro December 26, 2008

Overated

Definitely Overated. Not crazy about making suicide OK.
Adult Written bystarage21 December 21, 2008

I think its a good movie to watch

I think that anybody would be able to watch the movie not to volient.