Parent reviews for Shanghai Noon

Shanghai Noon Poster Image

The butt review

This is a very good Jackie chan film. Some sex when they are in the bathtubs and some bad language. A lot of violence and some drinking

A classic buddy story with a very, very funny script.

Ok, including the silly Wild West brothel/saloon stuff, this movie is straight out of a bored school-boy's daydreams. But there's enough here to keep a mom laughing too, especially Owen Wilson's dead-on comic timing and Jackie Chan's weird ability to be a Kung Fu Master and a big goofball at the same time. Let's face it, there's nothing funnier than a sensitive train robber. The combination of Kung Fu action and a really nice "do the right thing" story make this a favorite.

Very funny, but not really a 'family friendly' movie.

Absolutely hilarious movie!! I loved it, though with some inappropriate themes and scenes in it, I wouldn't recommend it for kids under about 14.

Message of loyalty and friendship, even in the face of danger, is the main theme. Mistakes are made and forgiven by real friends. Female characters are strong and self-reliant, a big plus. Parents can and should discuss language, drinking and sexuality, but even my non-drinking family laughed at the goofy drinking-game scene in this film. Violence is cartoonish and mainly skilled, stylized Kung Fu.

not rated for age

Great Jackie Chan fun

Jackie Chan and Owen Wilson made a great team for this one. Thoroughly enjoyable romp in the Old West.