All parent member reviews for Shark Night 3D

Adult Written byTerrie September 3, 2011

Should be rated R due to sex and drinking references

We took our 13 and 12 year olds to see this film, and walked out after 10 minutes...not due to the violence, but due to the inappropriate sexual innuendos, nudity and reference to getting girls drunk first. This should be rated R.
Parent Written byS0CKM0NKEY September 30, 2011

Good For SHARK LOVERS !

I saw this with my 15 year old sister (im 11) and it was really good movie. Yeah the sharks looked a little graphic but it was REALLY GOOD. We screamed so much in the movie theater and we were the only ones watching it beside the high school couple behind us , beware of the last part!!
Parent Written byflipflops2012 February 6, 2012

Should Have Gone Straight to DVD.

Honestly, the acting was so terrible it made me laugh and the story line was super far fetched but I have to admit that those factors did contribute to the movie being pretty entertaining. The movie was very sexual in nature and of course there is plenty of violence and gore as well. Definitely not a family movie and definitely not for kids. If you like cheaply made horror films, you might enjoy this one.
Adult Written byfriedch1cken June 9, 2012

Not recommended for some kids

About 2 F-words (one mouthed under water), 5 sexual remarks, 1 sexual hand gesture, 1 obscene hand gesture, 15 scatological terms, 13 anatomical terms, 19 mild obscenities, 2 religious profanities, 9 religious exclamations. There is plenty of blood. Severed limbs. The sharks may seem frightening to some young viewers. A woman is pushed into a lake, bitten by many sharks (we see patches on her body), and then floats motionless in the water. Sharks jumping out of the water. People being forced against their will. There are a few more scenes that will be scary to young viewers. As for sexual content, a man with a gun threatens a woman and forces her to take off her clothes down to her "bra and panties," which she does. 2 men make crude remarks about her. Some sexual innuendos. Many women are wearing revealing clothes. Two women dance and the sides of the bare breasts are visible.
Adult Written bywonder dove September 14, 2012

Blah!

Shark night was a flop, I didn't really enjoy it at all...then again I wasn't expecting anything amazing out of it. Characters were bland, story was a good idea but had no depth, lots of gore but without a great story it doesn't matter. I think teens would enjoy it for the thrill of sharks, but if you want to see a great shark flick, try the classic Jaws, nothings gets better than that! Lots of sexual innuendo, some language and drinking.
Parent Written byShivom Oza August 29, 2012

‘Shark Night 3D’ (2012) Review by Shivom Oza – Unintentionally Funny, But You Still Won’t Laugh

Bunch of college students pack their swimwear and head to one of their friend’s lake house for a weekend getaway. Problem - The Lake is infested with deadly sharks. Be it the acting, story, screenplay, graphics or the dialogues – everything was juvenile about the film, notwithstanding the actors themselves. Better than ‘Piranha 3DD’, but even that film isn’t a ‘benchmark’ so to speak! 7 college friends Nick (Dustin Milligan), Dennis Crim (Chris Carmack), Beth (Katharine McPhee), Gordon (Joel David Moore), Malik (Sinqua Walls), Maya (Alyssa Diaz) and Sara Palski (Sara Paxton) head to Sara’s lake house in the Louisiana Gulf for a weekend getaway. The girls are looking forward to have a wild time, while the guys want to get laid. However, they don’t know that the lake adjoining the house is infested with deadly sharks. Malik, for instance, gets his arm ripped off while he is water skiing. The group soon realizes that there’s not one but fifteen species of sharks moving around in the lake. Malik’s girlfriend, Maya, gets killed by a shark and many such incidents follow. With their lone boat destroyed, while the group was trying to get away from the sharks, and no phone signals, will the group get out of the place alive? This is the sensible and more realistic part of the story. The second half, of course, offers insanity in various doses. The characters are very predictable. You have the typical nerd, the lover boy, the Casanova, the desperate guy, and three gorgeous girls. Even the casting was quite clichéd, and the acting followed suit. The performances were forgettable, mildly put. The ‘stars’ of the film try too hard to emote. You would’ve still forgiven them for their performances had there not been that one ‘after-credits’ song. If you do watch the film, don’t miss this song. It appears after the credits. The story was just a trifle better than the other ‘deadly sea animals against ‘hip’ collegians’ sagas, but that is no consolation. There is more story, for instance, than skin-show or blood-and-gore. However, the acting department falls short miserably. Even the dialogues are lazily written. There is a big twist in the second half, but then it’s followed by even more bizarre twists. The director David R. Ellis promises a ‘watchable’ film in the first half, but leaves us shell-shocked with the inexplicable end. There’s a rap song in the end, which is 10 times more ridiculous than the rest of the film put together. If the indications haven’t been strong enough, here it is, you’re better off staying away from the ‘Shark Night 3D’. Shivom Oza
Parent Written byagenthappyman July 20, 2012

Not that good of movie

Shark attacks may disturb little kids. The movie also involves lots of sexual content and harrasment, along with potty mouth words.