Kid reviews for Shaun of the Dead

Zombie horror-comedy has lots of gore, cursing.

Kid, 11 years old December 24, 2011

Shaun of the dead Must read

I think the positive message is being very brave going against zombies. I am 11 and i watched it, i think it should be 11 & up because it is appropiate, no bleeding

Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2016

Clever horror / dramedy winks at horror movie cliches, but also has upsetting deaths, intense situations

TheProBros thinks parents should know that, while Shaun of the Dead is a more lighthearted film than other horror movies, being somewhat of a horror / comedy / drama mixture, it still has several extremely upsetting scenes--including the graphic, prolonged deaths of several beloved main characters. Most deaths are half-offscreen, but we still catch glimpses of impalements, disembowelments, shots to the head and more. The host of main characters use everything from cricket bats to molotov cocktails to fend off zombies, which are killed in plumes of blood and guts, and swearing is very frequent and strong, including "f--k," "c--t," "s--t," "pr--k," and an instance of the N-Word, as well as English slang including derogatory terms and phrases such as "wanker," "bollocks," and "bugger off." The characters also drink and smoke throughout the movie. Overall, TheProBros thinks that Shaun of the Dead, containing blood and gore, swearing and substance consumption, is best for mature tweens and teens around the age of 14.

Kid, 9 years old August 23, 2012

good move

Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2016

best simon pegg movie

it is very gory has f words and s words and very violent

Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2013

Great movie

I saw this when I was 9 and it was GREAT one of my fav movie 10/10
Teen, 16 years old Written bymike_da_mike July 15, 2016

Awesome horror comedy! Would watch it again

This movie is a very funny take on a horror comedy movie. I loved the movie myself but they're a few things to know before you watch this. In this movie there is tons of fowl language: f**k s**t c**t pr**k and many more. there is also very bloody parts of this movie such as when one of the mane characters gets his guts ripped out by a zombie hoard and thats just one example of what to expect in this movie. lastly in this movie there is a lot of drinking alcoholic drinks and smoking. although all of that this movie is very fun and exciting to watch!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCSMclassification August 15, 2015

Strong bloody comic violence, gore, very strong language.

SHAUN OF THE DEAD is a British horror-comedy about a selfish slacker, with an awkward mate, and his pushy ex-girlfriend. Together, with a few others, they go to the safest location they know and battle a large horde of zombies. It was classified 18 for strong bloody comic violence, gore and very strong language. There is frequent strong bloody violence, which is also fairly detailed. However, the overall tone is comical, which lightens the violence a little bit. Strong gore occurs in two key scenes. One is sight of a mangled, mutilated body. The other is sight of a man being torn appart by zombies, which is realistic and very bloody/gory. Also, there is no humor to lighten up the scene. Therefore, it is better classified at 18. Very strong language (c*nt) occurs at the very beginning of the movie. It is only said once throughout, and is not said directly/offensively. There is also frequent strong language (f*ck) and milder language (sh*t, pr*ck, tw*t etc.). There is also some crude humor and sex references.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymad about tv April 8, 2015

fun zombie flick

I would say that shaun is good as a horror movie but as a comedy it's not that funny. There's a lot of very strong language. The violence is not as bad as most horror movies but there are still a few nasty bits

Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2014

Zombie Comedy Gory Madness

Personally I think this film is friggin awesome but as such there is plenty of goriness even though its mostly zombies that being killed someone has the stomach ripped open. I dont no why but everything they say is funny even though whatever they say normally involves cursing like: f**k, c**t and b*****d. I admit I am ten years old and I have seen this but I think possibly twelve or thirteen years and up. Though I would say it is one of Peggs best films

Kid, 10 years old April 26, 2014

LOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This movie was a pioneer for zomcom, which I don't really like, but I LOVE this one! I mean, the only bad moment was when most of the characters where murdered. Ha! I mean, It looked actually pretty funny, but I still didn't like it too much. It's awesome for teens, and some preteens.

Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Matthew's Shaun Of The Dead Movie Review

I'm 10 and really enjoyed it, the movie was good, there was quite a lot of language and violence, but i dont use any lanuage or copy any violence so that's why kids under 13 that wouldn't copy any language or violence but are not younger than 10 then i say its a good movie for them, its a very bloody movie and flesh eating zombie, there is a positive message, team work. This Should Be the MPAA rating and the reason: This Film Is Rated: R for- Strong Lanuage, Instant Zombie Sequences, and Bloody Violence

Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2013

very funny very scary very gory not sutible for kids under 12 or 13

IT IS BRILL BUT IS VERY GORY. SOME BODY IS TORN INSIDE OUT AND HIS GUTS AND ORGANS EATEN. It is very good but not sutible for kids i'm 11 and i still think so. It is a teenage/adult comedy also it has alot of bad language aka f..k s..t and other stuff i thought it was scary i was watching it late at night and i needed to put my bike away. my dad was saying be careful of the zombies. watch it befor u let ur kids. hope it helps

Teen, 13 years old Written byBurnerat2 June 24, 2015

Violence and strong language

Although it is a very funny and clever film, it does use quite strong language for most of the film and the violence is quite bad too. I'm only thirteen, and I enjoyed it a lot.

Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2014

Shaun of the dead

OK... So I found a version of this film on television that was censored to a TV-14 rating, and if you can find a version like that, this is a must see. Simon Pegg is PHENOMENAL as Shaun, and hilarious too. [Spoiler free review part] Violence: There is a fair bit of violence, some of it very gory in an uncensored version, featuring the removal of heads and the disembowelment of organs Sex: N/A Language: F*** is used 10 or so times, prominently by Pete in a hilarious scene you can find here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J02-BtZ1bxE Damn, Ass, and S*** are also infrequently used Drinking: Lots of alcohol [spoilers start here] Violence: Many characters die, the saddest of which is the mother.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHardCoreNate November 19, 2014

Somewhat good movie

Very inappropriate for teens under 15 theres lots of language like "bitch", "Damn", "F--k", "S--t", "N---a", "C--t", "P---y". I's hilarious but inappropriate for young teens.

Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2014

GREAT MOVIE!

Shaun of the dead is a great movie, with some swearing, more gore than it should, and lots of laughs.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySplats March 2, 2014

Intelligent Mix of Different Genres

Anno 2004: talented director Edgar Wright already proved himself rock solid, having made "Spaced": a hilarious TV show that never got the succes it deserved and ran from the (very) late 90's to 2001, starring most of the same actors you'll see in "Shaun of the Dead". But enough backstory: the question awaiting the release of this movie was of course if Wright had enough going for himself to provide the wit his TV-series had for the length of a full-feature film. And he sure did. Shaun (an insanely sarcastic Simon Pegg) and Ed, two immediately likeable slackers who also happen to be best friends, live together in a house they rent, find themselves face to face with a zombie apocalypse caused by a virus, right after Shaun's girlfriend broke up with him. Long story short: Shaun's sole target is to get the girl and save his friends and family, while still maintaining his charming sense of humour. I could ramble on and on about how much I love this movie for all it has going for it, but you'll just have to discover for yourself. Think: your typical zombie-movie, with entertaining yet humble personalities and laugh-out-loud, typically British humour. This is the world's first Zom-Com, and believe me when I say it's an absolutely blast.

Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2014

Good but gross

This is an excellent movie! The gore is realistic and the is alot of it! The are some scary scenes that would get some younger kids scared and worried! It has adult themes and I don't reccomend it for kids under 16!

Teen, 14 years old Written byRacing Flame December 17, 2013

Good Film. 14+ OK. 11-13 Maybe.

I really liked it and because I'm British I understood most of the humor. I think it is a good film and I think is OK for 14+
Teen, 14 years old Written byMetalman173 November 5, 2013