Parent reviews for Sherlock Holmes

Sherlock Holmes Poster Image

a very fun time

Sherlock Holmes is a great flick full of action, laughs, mystery and, suspense
1 person found this helpful.

I like Sherlock Homes.

This movie was action packed! Its very fast movie and just plain awesome!
1 person found this helpful.

its a nice film for 11 years + but not for kids younger

Sherlock gets re-imaged for the MTV generation.

now, come the finale of Guy Ritchie's "update" of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's much loved super sleuth I was not only bored to almost impending sleep, but also struck with one overriding question; why not just make a Victorian piece about a couple of swanky buddy sleuths and leave out the name Sherlock Holmes? The answer of course is obvious, to me at least, it's a name that sells. Mr Ritchie would most likely tell us that he wanted to bring the great detective to the attention of a whole new generation, whilst simultaneously making it appealing to the "youth" of today. Not elementary my dear Mr Ritchie, it's a cash in if you please. A cash in further aided by the casting of the talented and in vogue Robert Downey Jr as Holmes. Whilst casting Jude Law as Watson {so effectively a secondary role that suits Law perfectly} also carries some aesthetic weight for a younger audience. The film does pretty much what one expects of a family blockbuster, in short, simple frothy fun that's sadly devoid of any mystery or intelligence befitting the once Deerstalker attired one. There's action and explosions, even good old fist fights given the Ritchie slow-mo make over, but these are either preceded or followed by long bouts of tedium. Not helped by an unadventurous & dull plot involving Mark Strong's {value for money performance} black magic shenanigans as Lord Blackwood, and the pointless inclusion of the anonymous Rachel McAdams as Holmes' ex love interest Irene Adler. All of which comes together for a rather uninspiring show down on a half built Tower Bridge. The set design is smart and on the money (Sarah Greenwood), as are the costumes (Jenny Beavan), but the same can't be said for the sound mix, which is quite frankly skewy and renders some of Downey Jr's brainy ramblings inaudible. Same for the score, Hans Zimmer goes for bombastic, which would have worked if it wasn't in conjunction with diddly day-diddly doo Celtic music. I mean this is Victorian England right? You could have set the film somewhere Celtic Mr Ritchie-since you have changed most of the essence of the character anyway. Hmm. The sequel is inevitable given that the film has made monster amounts of cash, and no doubt about it, Law & Downey Jr have great chemistry. But this is comic book Sherlock, an attempt at an action comedy mixing brains with brawn. The end result being almost a cure for insomnia. 4/10 http://www.inspiring-movies.com/sherlock-holmes-2009-full-hd-1080-720

Sherlock Holmes Movie Common Sense Media Movie Review

I Think "Sherlock Holmes" is A Good Story Film And Also Has Violence In Some Scenes That Parents Should Be Worried About And So I Courage T hem To Not Let Their Kids Watch Too Much Because of Some Violent Blo odthirsty Scenes And I Know It's Gross To See Blood In This Film! Ew, Na sty? Thank You!

Sherlock holmes 2009

boring movie but intence.

Whimsical